The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Awww I'm sorry to hear about the struggles you face everyday. You are clearly a very strong person and I really do admire you for creating this blog. The positivity you bring to other people is unbelievable and you're such a kind person. I'll definitely keep an eye on this blog - thanks for tagging me in :wink: I hope you know that I'm always here for you :hugs:
Original post by Matrix123
Awww I'm sorry to hear about the struggles you face everyday. You are clearly a very strong person and I really do admire you for creating this blog. The positivity you bring to other people is unbelievable and you're such a kind person. I'll definitely keep an eye on this blog - thanks for tagging me in :wink: I hope you know that I'm always here for you :hugs:

Thank you for your support, much appreciated :smile:
Original post by ravioliyears
Thank you for your support, much appreciated :smile:

Any time :wink:
x

Hey Ravioliyears

Firstly thank you for tagging me in your post as this is very interesting.

Something quite major struck me as I was reading through this. As you know, I have been talking about my MH experiences on my blog and almost dichotomising mental and physical illness. In this sense, my generalisation has largely been that people understand and accommodate for illness of a physical nature but not for those of a mental nature.

However there is a grey area. What you suffer with is a silent and invisible disease. It makes people judge you or think differently of you- e.g. why is she missing lessons or going to the toilet all the time? But like mental illness, you feel embarrassed to say why. It’s one of those things that a lot of people don’t get and indeed you only really understand if you go through it yourself. This is actually how I feel with my underactive thyroid condition. Most people hear thyroid problem and are like :dontknow:

It must be so hard and so frustrating and I completely understand the desire to almost have a ‘go to’ explanation leaflet to give to people so that you don’t have to keep explaining or keep feeling so misunderstood.

I think the onus is on you to start being more open about stuff; discourse is essential in overcoming stigma and the people who suffer have to take those brave steps first- there is no use someone advocating on your behalf. I know it is hard but I am just talking generally. You setting up this blog and talking about it in that much depth is super admirable and I am so proud of you :hugs:

Clinical trials do take ages and there is a huge bottleneck in drug development but this is necessary for safety and efficacy purposes. It is better for you to be suffering as you are then to have a severe reaction to a un-ratified drug, which can have fatal consequences. Just stay strong, have faith that there is light at the end of the tunnel, and keep being brave and strong.

Love you xxxxx
I'm racking my brains trying to think of something supportive to say, but I'd feel like absolute sh*t if I had these issues, no matter what anyone said.

Just know that you are strong, stronger than most. I hope you find some measure of peace or a way to resolve the issue.
Original post by Cremated_Spatula
I'm racking my brains trying to think of something supportive to say, but I'd feel like absolute sh*t if I had these issues, no matter what anyone said.

Just know that you are strong, stronger than most. I hope you find some measure of peace or a way to resolve the issue.

PRSOM, thank you - means a lot :h:
Aww hun......I can't even begin to imagine what you must be going through. I know at this point I could say something like 'stay strong' or 'chin up' but in reality, those words will probably not help in the slightest because to be frank, I have never experienced what you are going through and can't even begin to think how I would cope...

So I guess all I can really say is that you have an extra ear if you ever feel like ranting out everything :smile:
Omg I'm a horrible blogger! I completly forgot that I made a blog :redface: Whoops.

Worry not, I'm going to type something up now and I should be able to post it up later on today. Apologies once again! Thank you to everyone who had replied to my first post. Hope all are well x
Omg I'm a horrible blogger! I completly forgot that I made a blog :redface: Whoops.

Worry not, I'm going to type something up now and I should be able to post it up later on today. Apologies once again! Thank you to everyone who had replied to my first post. Hope all are well x

Hahahaha a 'horrible blogger' it's okay there's no pressure here to do anything. What are you thinking of writing about next?

yeah YOU forgot...hahaha
Not me...
definitely not me...
haaha
ha..
:getmecoat:
Original post by Ethereal World
Hahahaha a 'horrible blogger' it's okay there's no pressure here to do anything. What are you thinking of writing about next?

I'm not to sure yet. The first one was pretty deep, so that for the next one I was thinking writing about something that makes me happier. E.g. Music. Music is my life. Also, I've made this A4 sheet that is like a mind map and on it, it states all the positive things that I should think about everyday and all the compliments I recieve from people I meet and know. I read it every morning when I'm on the tube, an was thinking of posting a pic of it on here to give others an idea, so that maybe they could do it too?

What do you think? Have you got any ideas on what I should write about?
I'm not to sure yet. The first one was pretty deep, so that for the next one I was thinking writing about something that makes me happier. E.g. Music. Music is my life. Also, I've made this A4 sheet that is like a mind map and on it, it states all the positive things that I should think about everyday and all the compliments I recieve from people I meet and know. I read it every morning when I'm on the tube, an was thinking of posting a pic of it on here to give others an idea, so that maybe they could do it too?

What do you think? Have you got any ideas on what I should write about?

The mind map thing is amazing and I would love to see that and you to talk about why you did it and what it does for you and how t changes your mindset.

Also music is amazing so anything related to music would be awesome.

What about a blog post about your stage of life and what your future plans and goals are?
Original post by Ethereal World
The mind map thing is amazing and I would love to see that and you to talk about why you did it and what it does for you and how t changes your mindset.

Also music is amazing so anything related to music would be awesome.

What about a blog post about your stage of life and what your future plans and goals are?

Thank you!
Yes of course! I'll write a blog post on what my aspirations are, what may put me down but also how overcome them and how it could in fact make me stronger. Thank you!

No, you're not a terrible blogger! You still came back to it and your first blog was so emotional and well written:yep:

Woo! I can't wait! No worries, yes I'm well thanks. How are you? :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Matrix123
No, you're not a terrible blogger! You still came back to it and your first blog was so emotional and well written:yep:

Woo! I can't wait! No worries, yes I'm well thanks. How are you? :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats good! I'm good thanks but this week will be quite bumpy, and you'll see why when I post next :smile:
Thats good! I'm good thanks but this week will be quite bumpy, and you'll see why when I post next :smile:

That's great to hear. Awww I hope everything goes well for you :hugs: yes, see you then :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Positivity

Once again, apologies for not posting in so long! This post will be on positivity- or at least I will try and make sure it is- and how I try and ensure that I don’t let my UC beat me down as I walk through college gates every day. If I’m completely honest. I really do need this, as I can tell that I won’t be in a good state this week. You know why? It’s because a week from today, it will be a year since I was diagnosed with UC. Who does that? Keeps a track record of when she went to hospital, when she gets her diagnosis etc. Well. I do. I do that. ‘Doesn’t it make you feel worse thinking about it?’ was a question that I was asked this week. And the answer to this that question is no. No it doesn’t. In fact (I don’t know how to put this to words), it makes me feel a whole more lighter….? Don’t know if that’s a correct term to use.

This is because I have been suffering for UC a year. A YEAR. May not seem like a long time, but that’s 365 days. 9760 hours. 525600 minutes for God’s sake. And throughout that time, I have had an a lot of needles stuck in me, several journeys to the hospital 1095 800mg tablets only for my UC, 730 Calcium Tablets and 365 Iron Tablets.

Right. Wow.

That’s a lot of tablets

And, an infinite number of tears.

When I cry at school, I get an expected response. There are some people who don’t say anything because they don’t know me and I don’t know them. Then there are a lot of people who crowd around you and begin asking you questions. Then there are the ******* ***** who think you’re crying for the hell of it because ‘you seemed fine before’. And there are my friends, who know that all they need to do is give me a hug and/or leave me alone and let me breathe. And I love them for knowing that that is all that I need.

So how will I make sure that I’ll be positive this week? I don’t know. I really don’t know. I can feel that I will cry this week. I just know it. And perhaps this week I may not be the most bubbly or positive person as I usually am but **** it.This next part is something that I began doing a few months ago, and I hope other people can take this idea if they think it could help them.

So, what I did was I made a mind map on an A4 sheet and wrote about what makes me smile, whether it’s what people have told me or if it is a line from my favourite youtuber. This A4 sheet, I admit, is slightly big headed, but I don’t care! If it makes me smile and if it makes me feel happier, that’s what counts. I made this so that I can read it on the tube every morning on my way to school. Whenever I read it, I smile like a complete and utter idiot. But, like I said, I DON’T CARE.

People are staring at me like I'm a complete idiot
I DON’T CARE

It’s big headed
I DON’T CARE

You look like a twerp smiling at a sheet of paper.
I. DON’T CARE.
Let them stare.
LET. THEM.

I am smiling, and that's what matters most.

I have attached my mind map below to give others an example. I have scribbled my name out lmao.I hope this gives you and others an idea on how you could probably boost your self-esteem or could perhaps make you feel more positive.
If you think this helps, or could help a friend, do give them this idea. Also, if you have any other ways that could help me that has helped you, please do tag me and tell me what it is I will definitely take it on board!

Thank you so much for reading and enjoy the rest of your weekend,

Furthermore, if there is anyone who suffers from IBD or IBS even, do feel free to PM me if you'd like to talk - I find that it helps to talk to someone who experiences the same or similar symptoms :smile: Thank you to those who already have!!

ravioliyears xxx
Attachment not found
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 57
The fact that you're doing something about it implies strength. like you said, eff them
eh loko ne su khabhar chhe? nothing!
to shanti rakh, ane aagi chaal! :wink: <----(get the reference?)
Original post by spv
The fact that you're doing something about it implies strength. like you said, eff them
eh loko ne su khabhar chhe? nothing!
to shanti rakh, ane aagi chaal! :wink: <----(get the reference?)

Yepp, I did! Thanks :smile:
:jumphug:
@Anon_98 @Andy98 @Alexion @Zacken forgot to tag you guys, my apologies

Latest