The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

University of Strathclyde applicants 2016!

Scroll to see replies

please tell me theres people still to hear from Pharmacy? 😭
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
I'm still waiting to hear from microbiology, after being double rejected off the business department. I just want to get it over and done with

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by larademets
I really hope you'll hear soon from Strathclyde and you'll get accepted! Best of luck!

And you too with Glasgow or Edinburgh. Thanks very much. Sometimes the best experiences come from the places we least expect them.

****, I should have applied for philosophy :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 443
Original post by Eireland
Congrats. I'd say why we are waiting so long is down to the number of applicants that applied this year and how many personnel each of the universities have going through the application.
What course did you apply for in Queen Margaret's University may i ask.

Didn't get an offer :frown:
conditional to law!
Original post by cuala79
Didn't get an offer :frown:

Hi
Sorry to hear that you didn't receive an offer.
I heard back from Strathclyde late yesterday and they aren't offering a place either.

So i am just waiting to hear back from my last uni which is Edinburgh.
Have you heard from another colleges?
Original post by qasim-98
I'm still waiting to hear from microbiology, after being double rejected off the business department. I just want to get it over and done with

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sure that you will here soon. I got an email from them yesterday inviting me to their applicant days for science after receiving an offer for Immunology and Microbiology. The first of the applicant days is this Wednesday and the second being the following Wednesday so they must tell you soon.

Goodluck
Original post by AuntKathy
I'm sure that you will here soon. I got an email from them yesterday inviting me to their applicant days for science after receiving an offer for Immunology and Microbiology. The first of the applicant days is this Wednesday and the second being the following Wednesday so they must tell you soon.

Goodluck

I applied to microbiology and still haven't heard back, last decision to get back as well. I know I was thinking about the same thing with the whole applicant day I must hear back soon, I just want to be put out my misery

Posted from TSR Mobile
recieved an email about the science applicant days this and next week from the institute of Pharmacy and Biomedical Science but ive not actually recieved an offer yet? It says at the start of the email "you may have recieved or you will be recieving an offer shortly" does this mean i will definitely get an offer?
Original post by euandonaghy
recieved an email about the science applicant days this and next week from the institute of Pharmacy and Biomedical Science but ive not actually recieved an offer yet? It says at the start of the email "you may have recieved or you will be recieving an offer shortly" does this mean i will definitely get an offer?

I would say yeah you will definitely be getting an offer otherwise they wouldn't be sending you an applicants day invite?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by redddddd
I would say yeah you will definitely be getting an offer otherwise they wouldn't be sending you an applicants day invite?

Posted from TSR Mobile

heres hoping 😭 been waiting ages to hear from them!!
ive been invited to the Science@Strathclyde events this week for maths and Pharmacy, will i need to attend both dates or just the one? Will the one date allow me to see both buildings etc or only the one?
ive been invited to the Science@Strathclyde events this week for maths and Pharmacy, will i need to attend both dates or just the one? Will the one date allow me to see both buildings etc or only the one?

You only go to one day, when you book your place you tick one of the two dates that you wish to attend

I've been invited to this too☺, you only go to one, they're exactly the same, just two different days in case not everybody can make one day
Original post by Hannah2998
I've been invited to this too☺, you only go to one, they're exactly the same, just two different days in case not everybody can make one day

When did you get the email?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Back in January, like the day after the UCAS deadline, I got an E-mail direct from Glasgow saying I'd been accepted for the Electrical and Electronic Engineering course (unconditionally). Unsurprisingly, I was ecstatic. Now you can probably understand my bemusement when they E-mail me the next day saying that the previous E-mail was a mistake.

Now at this point I'm thinking, "oh well no biggie, they obviously just jumped the gun and told me too early, I'm sure I'll get my official confirmation soon"

Then the next day I get my first actual UCAS update. They rejected me. I think I will forever have a mild to strong dislike of that place.

... I'm pretty certain your thing looks legit though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Hannah2998

maybe see you there!! :smile: so i only need to go to the 1 day even though ive been invited from 2 different subjects??
Original post by Squire1998
Back in January, like the day after the UCAS deadline, I got an E-mail direct from Glasgow saying I'd been accepted for the Electrical and Electronic Engineering course (unconditionally). Unsurprisingly, I was ecstatic. Now you can probably understand my bemusement when they E-mail me the next day saying that the previous E-mail was a mistake.

Now at this point I'm thinking, "oh well no biggie, they obviously just jumped the gun and told me too early, I'm sure I'll get my official confirmation soon"

Then the next day I get my first actual UCAS update. They rejected me. I think I will forever have a mild to strong dislike of that place.

... I'm pretty certain your thing looks legit though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

thats horrible! how could they mess it up so badly? and i hope so, if ive waited this long to hear back and they end up rejecting me i think ill break down 😭
Original post by qasim-98
When did you get the email?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i got the Pharmacy one on friday there and the maths one like the week before :-)
Reply 459
i got the Pharmacy one on friday there and the maths one like the week before :-)

Do you think it would be worth coming to this? I've got quite a way to travel for just a couple of hours..
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending