The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy applicants 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gwendavies
Roughly how many weeks is the physiotherapy degree?

Posted from TSR Mobile

37 per year i think.
Reply 1841
Mature student here! Already had interviews at Kings, St Georges (MSc) and Salford. I got declined from Cardiff, Birmingham and Salford (post interview), still waiting on the other two.

For those who had MMIs at St Georges and Kings, have you noticed the differences in their approaches?
If I haven't heard from Sheffield Hallam at all yet can I expect to receive an interview invite? Or will it be too late now and should I just be expecting a rejection. Someone on here said they have an invite to interview for April but that was a couple of weeks ago and I am getting more doubtful that there will be another interview date. :/
Reply 1843
Original post by elizabethy26
Hey, could anyone who has had a Birmingham interview let me know what its like? I have no offers as of yet and so am worrying about this one as could be my last shot. Obviously I know you cannot tell all details but any info on the structure of the day and what the individual task is like would be greatly appreciated!

Hi. Don't worry about the task its fine. Common sense and staying relaxed will get you through. You've got to the interview stage which is an achievement in itself so they like what they've seen upto now.
Original post by maverick-01
If I haven't heard from Sheffield Hallam at all yet can I expect to receive an interview invite? Or will it be too late now and should I just be expecting a rejection. Someone on here said they have an invite to interview for April but that was a couple of weeks ago and I am getting more doubtful that there will be another interview date. :/

They told me that the last set of interview is on the 7th April.
They would probably have interview openings if they have spaces for clearing, but tbh I highly doubt it with the amount of applicants this year.
Original post by msiapt
They told me that the last set of interview is on the 7th April.
They would probably have interview openings if they have spaces for clearing, but tbh I highly doubt it with the amount of applicants this year.

I won't be looking at clearing because I have unconditional offers from other unis but Sheffield is my first choice. So you reckon they'll have given out all their interview offers by now?
Original post by elizabethy26
Hey, could anyone who has had a Birmingham interview let me know what its like? I have no offers as of yet and so am worrying about this one as could be my last shot. Obviously I know you cannot tell all details but any info on the structure of the day and what the individual task is like would be greatly appreciated!

Pretty relaxed! Just be confident and yourself and you'll be fine! I got an offer from them this week :smile:
Yes! Got an unconditional offer :biggrin:

Wow! Mine's conditional but looking achievable so far, so will hopefully see you in September :biggrin:
Just wondering if anyone else is doing psychology as their science a level? Doing both as and a2 exams this year 😬
Reply 1849
aaaah is anyone still waiting to hear back from Cardiff/Birmingham post interview or anyone have an offer from them???
Hi I am an international student. I have applied for UEA, Oxford Brookes, Keele, huddersfield and Man Met. I am a bit worried now as I still haven't heard anything from 3/5 of them...

Btw UEA interviews are in multi mini but I wonder how would it be like if they are interviewing through skype for international students?
Yes! Got an unconditional offer :biggrin:

Wow that fab- well done! If you don't mind me asking, are you a gap year/mature student, or a school leaver? :smile:
Reply 1852
Original post by LJD-9
aaaah is anyone still waiting to hear back from Cardiff/Birmingham post interview or anyone have an offer from them???

I have an offer from Birmingham which I got about 9 days after my interview at the beginning of March. I have a friend who had interview at Cardiff in December and still not heard anything yet. I think if you're in the maybe pile you find out after the last interviews are done.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by HearMeRoar
Wow that fab- well done! If you don't mind me asking, are you a gap year/mature student, or a school leaver? :smile:

Gap year applicant :smile:
Anybody heard from UEA? I applied kings, nottingham, liverpool, brighton and uea. Only realized I made the most retarded application ever in my life. Got rejected by 3 of them, still waiting for nottingham (I know they will not be offering) and UEA (had an interview). Applying for Keele in extra.
Original post by jessicapch97
Hi I am an international student. I have applied for UEA, Oxford Brookes, Keele, huddersfield and Man Met. I am a bit worried now as I still haven't heard anything from 3/5 of them...

Btw UEA interviews are in multi mini but I wonder how would it be like if they are interviewing through skype for international students?

Had a MMI with UEA. They said cant make further decisions after the interview. Not sure whether they do skype. But I know that Keele do interview students through Skype.
Original post by physio8
Anyone know when the last Cardiff or UEA interviews are?

Last UEA interviews should be around end of this month. They are make all final decisions before April.
Reply 1857
Original post by KyleCCH
Anybody heard from UEA? I applied kings, nottingham, liverpool, brighton and uea. Only realized I made the most retarded application ever in my life. Got rejected by 3 of them, still waiting for nottingham (I know they will not be offering) and UEA (had an interview). Applying for Keele in extra.

I'm pretty sure keele isn't in extra
Original post by rebec1
I'm pretty sure keele isn't in extra

It is if you are an international student like me. ;( But they have so many people fighting for so few places.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1859
Original post by KyleCCH
It is if you are an international student like me. ;( But they have so many people fighting for so few places.

Ahh I see well good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending