The Student Room Group

Bank of America Merrill Lynch- Banking Uncovered 2016

Has anyone else in year 12 applied for this and has anyone got replies yet?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I applied but I don't think I'll get the place- I applied really late on the deadline day. I'll apply again next year though.
Reply 2
Original post by Trapz99
I applied but I don't think I'll get the place- I applied really late on the deadline day. I'll apply again next year though.

I only applied on the deadline day too but I didn't think that would make a difference, I thought they only started reviewing applications after the deadline. I don't think i'll get in because my application wasn't good enough though haha.
Reply 3
Original post by modnar
I only applied on the deadline day too but I didn't think that would make a difference, I thought they only started reviewing applications after the deadline. I don't think i'll get in because my application wasn't good enough though haha.

They don't actually do that, though. No one can be expected to wait for two months until all the applications pile up and then spend ages reviewing every single applicant. It's easier just to review the applications as they come. This is what they do for Spring week internships at university level, so they probably do it for the a level applicants as well.
Also applied, yet to hear back yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have applied. They will reply back to everyone this Monday
Reply 6
I have also applied, not heard anything.

Original post by Daniel9998

This monday? How do you know?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by econam
I have also applied, not heard anything.

This monday? How do you know?

Yes this Monday.
I have people everywhere
Reply 8

Do they even reply back if you haven't got a place?
Reply 9
Original post by modnar
Do they even reply back if you haven't got a place?

yes, they'll tell you whether you got in or not.
Original post by Trapz99
They don't actually do that, though. No one can be expected to wait for two months until all the applications pile up and then spend ages reviewing every single applicant. It's easier just to review the applications as they come. This is what they do for Spring week internships at university level, so they probably do it for the a level applicants as well.

Nah dont think it works like that for insight progammes, they're too busy sorting out the actual important stuff like SWs and internships. They dont give a crap as much for insights, they probably only spend 20 secs on each applicant. Thats why the majority of people get a reply back on the same day for every IB insight
Reply 11
I have also applied:-)
What did you guys put as your main achievements and as the reasons why you would be a good candidate?
Original post by Trapz99
What did you guys put as your main achievements and as the reasons why you would be a good candidate?

Was there even a main achievements section?
Was there even a main achievements section?

No. But in the personal no section it asked why you want to be in the program and why you would be a good candidate for it. This basically means what have you achieved that makes you a good candidate and is a way for you to show off your achievements. Plus you have that section about outside interests like what you do outside school.
Original post by Trapz99

Why should we tell you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Trapz99
No. But in the personal no section it asked why you want to be in the program and why you would be a good candidate for it. This basically means what have you achieved that makes you a good candidate and is a way for you to show off your achievements. Plus you have that section about outside interests like what you do outside school.

Well I talked about BAML briefly in the beginning, then moved to talk about banking and mentioned about my degree choice and how I run my own society and business and how that all makes me the perfect candidate. The 150 words cap was quite a challenge. Talked about my achievements more in the work experience and other interests section.
Original post by Princepieman
Why should we tell you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

harsh
Original post by Princepieman
Why should we tell you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol I was just wondering what I'm up against. I wasn't asking for specific personal details like "I play for the 1st ci team at ***** football club in the town of ***** in southwest London."
Well I talked about BAML briefly in the beginning, then moved to talk about banking and mentioned about my degree choice and how I run my own society and business and how that all makes me the perfect candidate. The 150 words cap was quite a challenge. Talked about my achievements more in the work experience and other interests section.

Lol I guess I'm screwed then. That's a lot better than what I wrote. I was just stating how I was interested in IB t I wants to find out what roles appealed to me the most. For achievements I just put national citizen service, badminton, GCSE prize at school and some other stuff. In work experience I put volunteering.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending