The Student Room Group

I feel so ugly

I have many scars on my face which hav been wit me since childhood & they look very embarrassing. as time has gone by they have become more & more prominent. my face feels like a joke lol i hate looking in the mirror & i hate going out but i have alot of friends & i am very sociable. long story short i was wit this girl for about a yr & I felt like we were both serious but she broke up wit me as she 'didnt have the time for a relationship anymore' but then shes in a relationship 3 weeks later wit some new dude. so i asked our mutual friends & found out that she just didnt find me attractive & that's why she broke up so i dont know how she put up with me for a year. i know the love was real & shes not a shallow gal & she can't help who she's attracted to or not right but its just a blow to my confidence really. i have been out & stuff & managed to get a few ons's i can pull easy, but when it starts to get serious girls just cant take my face seriously. i wish i could change the way my face looks. there have been a few girls in my life who i really got along with & liked and even on occasion fell for hard but they never saw me as bf material only because of my face, i have a nice bod & stuff & i have gone intimate with them - im not saying girls are shallow attraction is attraction i cant change that. but i feel like im never going to be able to find someone who accepts me, im not exactly young anymore: 25 & i have met so many girls in my time that its obvious my looks dont play in my favour. i dont want to wait for someone to come into my life & accept me i want to be proactive and help my chances but i really dont know how to. yes i know there are some girls out there who dont judge on looks but really if you seen me youd probably understand lol. i got swag, i got the bod & im really good company + got good game + im so hilarious o make myself laugh - im proud of myself for those achievements, it probably sounds a little vain but serious,face is just affecting me too much. ive even considered make up/plastic surgery but kept the strength to avoid. its eating away at my self esteem also so i really really need help/advice also from a girls perspective what more can i do to make up for the lack in looks department.
sorry for the lack of paragraphs :colondollar: hope yall forgive my bad behaviour

Scroll to see replies

ugh, I just can't read of all this. looking at this gives me a headache- at least include some paragraphs.

Anyway, to answer your title alone: No one in my opinion is ugly, you just need to believe in yourself and learn to love yourself. Don't base your self worth on your looks, remeber there is more to you that your looks. If you think it would help then visit a counsellor.
Reply 2
Original post by loveleest
ugh, I just can't read of all this. looking at this gives me a headache- at least include some paragraphs.

Anyway, to answer your title alone: No one in my opinion is ugly, you just need to believe in yourself and learn to love yourself. Don't base your self worth on your looks, remeber there is more to you that your looks. If you think it would help then visit a counsellor.

I cant even edit it now :redface: i do love myself but all I want is anothers love
Original post by Anonymous
I have many scars on my face which hav been wit me since childhood & they look very embarrassing. as time has gone by they have become more & more prominent. my face feels like a joke lol i hate looking in the mirror & i hate going out but i have alot of friends & i am very sociable. long story short i was wit this girl for about a yr & I felt like we were both serious but she broke up wit me as she 'didnt have the time for a relationship anymore' but then shes in a relationship 3 weeks later wit some new dude. so i asked our mutual friends & found out that she just didnt find me attractive & that's why she broke up so i dont know how she put up with me for a year. i know the love was real & shes not a shallow gal & she can't help who she's attracted to or not right but its just a blow to my confidence really. i have been out & stuff & managed to get a few ons's i can pull easy, but when it starts to get serious girls just cant take my face seriously. i wish i could change the way my face looks. there have been a few girls in my life who i really got along with & liked and even on occasion fell for hard but they never saw me as bf material only because of my face, i have a nice bod & stuff & i have gone intimate with them - im not saying girls are shallow attraction is attraction i cant change that. but i feel like im never going to be able to find someone who accepts me, im not exactly young anymore: 25 & i have met so many girls in my time that its obvious my looks dont play in my favour. i dont want to wait for someone to come into my life & accept me i want to be proactive and help my chances but i really dont know how to. yes i know there are some girls out there who dont judge on looks but really if you seen me youd probably understand lol. i got swag, i got the bod & im really good company + got good game + im so hilarious o make myself laugh - im proud of myself for those achievements, it probably sounds a little vain but serious,face is just affecting me too much. ive even considered make up/plastic surgery but kept the strength to avoid. its eating away at my self esteem also so i really really need help/advice also from a girls perspective what more can i do to make up for the lack in looks department.
sorry for the lack of paragraphs :colondollar: hope yall forgive my bad behaviour

You have so many amazing qualities, your face doesn't matter, but if those girls can't see through that, then they are being shallow. Be proud of yourself and continue being who you are, I am sure will find someone:h:
I cant even edit it now :redface: i do love myself but all I want is anothers love

There is someone out there that will love you for the person you are, be patient:h:

Oh, so you crave a relationship then? There are girls that are not shallow and love a guy for his personality. Perhaps you just haven't found the right one, don't force out a relationship.
I did read somewhere that you are 25? 25 IS young. Don't stress yourself out seriously, just go on about your life. Focus on your family, friends, career, hobbies and on the way along you will find the correct one. I know it may feel as if you have no time left (I sometimes do). But trust me, there is nothing wrong with being 25 and single.

Good luck!
Reply 6
Original post by haj101
There is someone out there that will love you for the person you are, be patient:h:

Truthfully i dont think im ever going to find them - patience is a virtue i no longer have :frown:

Oh, so you crave a relationship then? There are girls that are not shallow and love a guy for his personality. Perhaps you just haven't found the right one, don't force out a relationship.
I did read somewhere that you are 25? 25 IS young. Don't stress yourself out seriously, just go on about your life. Focus on your family, friends, career, hobbies and on the way along you will find the correct one. I know it may feel as if you have no time left (I sometimes do). But trust me, there is nothing wrong with being 25 and single.

Good luck!

Indeed i am 25 almost 26 & i wanna get married & settle down if im honest. i always thought Id have met her by now & already be hitched. work, life friends &family & dates are distracting but they dont cuddle me to sleep at night. but i am trying to be more optimistic :smile:
Truthfully i dont think im ever going to find them - patience is a virtue i no longer have :frown:

Indeed i am 25 almost 26 & i wanna get married & settle down if im honest. i always thought Id have met her by now & already be hitched. work, life friends &family & dates are distracting but they dont cuddle me to sleep at night. but i am trying to be more optimistic :smile:

Maybe get your parents/friends to help introduce you to more people?
Reply 8
Have you considered Aloe Vera lotion to make your scars less prominent?? I have a large one on my leg from surgery and Aloe Vera has really made it blend in with my skin.

Tbh you're probably not ugly and these girls were just so shallow to not be able to look past your scars

Yeah, I totally understand what you are saying. Sometimes, you just want to wake up wirh someone by your side. Do you have any close friends or family that could help you introduce you to people? Check if there are any events for single people in your area, they always through a few in my area a couple of times in a year.
When you say scars on our face.. How many? I'm really sure it's not as bad as you make it out to be.
x

If the girl broke up with you and did not even assumed that she loved you (which she did obviously, unless she would not have been with you during such a long time) she simply does not deserve you.

For the scars I agree with the user above, aloe vera really helps, I have scars due to surgery (not on my head tho) and I was putting aloe vera on it twice a day during 3 months, honestly we see a HUGE difference (they are still there , but leeess remarkable). Just try ^^

You seem to have a lot of qualities so, I'm pretty sure you'll find someone quickly, not all people cares about just appearence, if you are what you said you are, I bet you'll be fine. When a girl is attracted by someone, she does not stay with him just for appearance, and believe me they're not attracted just by the appearance (if they find you boring they wont talk to you anymore for example)

Don't let anyone tell you you're not worth it because of some scars :h:
Original post by Samistrawberry
Maybe get your parents/friends to help introduce you to more people?

Yeah, I totally understand what you are saying. Sometimes, you just want to wake up wirh someone by your side. Do you have any close friends or family that could help you introduce you to people? Check if there are any events for single people in your area, they always through a few in my area a couple of times in a year.

I have the confidence to meet people myself and im still putting myself out there meeting singles every week.but i guess my parents might know of someone who has the same mindset as me so i will defintley ask

Original post by Samistrawberry
When you say scars on our face.. How many? I'm really sure it's not as bad as you make it out to be.

I have 3 scars - 2 across either cheek and one on my chin.there like dents in my skin

Original post by AfcFob
Have you considered Aloe Vera lotion to make your scars less prominent?? I have a large one on my leg from surgery and Aloe Vera has really made it blend in with my skin.

Tbh you're probably not ugly and these girls were just so shallow to not be able to look past your scars

Original post by FrenchUnicorn
If the girl broke up with you and did not even assumed that she loved you (which she did obviously, unless she would not have been with you during such a long time) she simply does not deserve you.

For the scars I agree with the user above, aloe vera really helps, I have scars due to surgery (not on my head tho) and I was putting aloe vera on it twice a day during 3 months, honestly we see a HUGE difference (they are still there , but leeess remarkable). Just try ^^

You seem to have a lot of qualities so, I'm pretty sure you'll find someone quickly, not all people cares about just appearence, if you are what you said you are, I bet you'll be fine. When a girl is attracted by someone, she does not stay with him just for appearance, and believe me they're not attracted just by the appearance (if they find you boring they wont talk to you anymore for example)

Don't let anyone tell you you're not worth it because of some scars :h:

As i have had these since childhood i think it may be too late but i will definetly give some aloe Vera ago nothing wrong with trying

I agree she didnt deserve me. i was as good bf as one can be but i though i had a future with her as it was serious, but you can say theres always two sides to every story. im not saying people are shallow but initial attraction has to be there as if a girl approached me & i was not attracted to her it would be hard to make things work as there is no attraction. and im just the not so attractive male in this scenario. girls are attracted to my personality and everything else but just not my face
x

Nah nah it's not too late !! I discovered the benefit of aloe vera 1year after my surgery , and it still helped ^_^

Not that attractive does not mean not attractive at all right ? And your ex gf, she was attracted by you at first , was''y she ? That's not because one girl broke up with you that no other girls wont be attracted by you !
Not all girls are shallow in that way
Maybe you should be with someone for the right reasons not just 'attractiveness'
Even if someone is attractive on the outside does not mean they are attractive inside
God has tested us in many different ways it is the matter on how we live our life with it
God created everything beautiful so you don't need for anyone to say you are attractive, you knew that the day you came out the womb
Don't let anyone stop you!
Original post by FrenchUnicorn
Nah nah it's not too late !! I discovered the benefit of aloe vera 1year after my surgery , and it still helped ^_^

Not that attractive does not mean not attractive at all right ? And your ex gf, she was attracted by you at first , was''y she ? That's not because one girl broke up with you that no other girls wont be attracted by you !

Does aloe Vera really help?
What other things can I do to help with scarring?
I had burnt my skin when I was using a hair removal cream and now it had left with a scar?
Sorry you feel this way. This isn't something that would bother me (meeting a guy with scars)as I have had scars on my face for years. I used to think I was an ugly duckling and no one would ever want to date me. Then I realised this isn't true and I was hiding myself away and missing out on life. I still have horrible scars on my face however I am living my life. I know I'm not ugly and you have to work with what you have. There are ways for you to improve your skin, you just have to do your research. I have had people stare at me, make horrible remarks and call me ugly. So trust me I get it.

She might have found you attractive in the beginning and then stopped being attracted to you. It doesn't necessarily mean she didn't like you in the beginning - so don't beat yourself up about it. There is someone for everyone. You just have be confident in yourself. Feeling sorry for yourself won't get you anywhere in the long run.
(edited 8 years ago)

I AM SOO SORRY :redface:
but thats awful lot to read for me
but if you have scars issues then when don't you try home remedies if you really want to clean your face, they are good - they may take time but they are effective :h:

rip using apostrophes
it's ok only 5 more years till you become a wizard
boys have swag, gentlemen have class
sorry i can't really give you much advice since i'm not a girl ;/
Original post by Tahira__
Does aloe Vera really help?
What other things can I do to help with scarring?
I had burnt my skin when I was using a hair removal cream and now it had left with a scar?

It does !
I don't know what else to do sorry :/
Yes it works for when you get burn too, just try and you'll see :3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending