The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

Here's a quick typed up version of my timetable as requested @studyhardsophia @RosaA

Let me know if there is anything you don't understand about it - it might seem a bit complicated to some people and it's not the typical layout :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
I love how you set your timetable

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hambi123
I love how you set your timetable

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you - how is revision going for you at the moment? Anything you need help with? :smile:
Original post by brainzistheword
I use them quite a lot, you just basically write stuff over and over again. It saves paper and also you could write down, say, one sentence and then rub out words and keep trying to remember it until most of it has been rubbed out and you can recall it all.

That is a good idea :smile: I will try it if possible :smile: I use a lot of paper :smile:
Here's a quick typed up version of my timetable as requested @studyhardsophia @RosaA

Let me know if there is anything you don't understand about it - it might seem a bit complicated to some people and it's not the typical layout :biggrin:

I was just looking at your time table you work a lot :smile: Looks good :smile: Do you get straight back from school and revise coz it starts at 16.00
I hardly stick to my timetable :frown:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by nisha.sri
I was just looking at your time table you work a lot :smile: Looks good :smile: Do you get straight back from school and revise coz it starts at 16.00

basicaly I do yeah, because I get back from school at half 3 but now with the revision classes I stay until about 4 then get back and revise. And on Tue and Thu I go to my mums and then come back and revise - so I guess you could say I do a lot :smile:
basicaly I do yeah, because I get back from school at half 3 but now with the revision classes I stay until about 4 then get back and revise. And on Tue and Thu I go to my mums and then come back and revise - so I guess you could say I do a lot :smile:

Yup I hardly follow my timetable :frown: Annoys me gahh
You're welcome, everything is going good thankyou. I've just been struggling with science because it's hard trying to memorise everything in the revision guide. Maths is good, I'm finding it easier then last year and sociology is really difficult but I still have loads to memorise. If anyone has any revision tips for sociology can you please let me know as I have no idea how to revise for it 😭

If anyone needs any help for maths this is the key and it will help you cover every topic: http://keshmaths.com/gcse-maths-takeaway-3/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Goodness your grades are good! I understand how you feel about studying as a distraction though - I have a load of orthopaedic/rheumatology problems so I can't really do sport I just internet all day and research random topics! The only problem is that now school is so tiring I come home exhausted and not wanting to do anything!. Your blog is brilliant by the way!
Yup I hardly follow my timetable :frown: Annoys me gahh

Sometimes, if I feel 'in the mood' for a certain topic I will just revise that and ignore the timetable, though it is good when I know I need to revise and don't know what to revise - as long as you are revising something then I don't really suppose it matter what you do when, as long as you know it by the exam :smile:

Is your timetable really strict and regimented or is there room for rearranging, because that may be a reason why you can't always follow it - kinda like putting yourself off, if you get what I mean :smile:
Original post by Ddraigdwr2
Goodness your grades are good! I understand how you feel about studying as a distraction though - I have a load of orthopaedic/rheumatology problems so I can't really do sport I just internet all day and research random topics! The only problem is that now school is so tiring I come home exhausted and not wanting to do anything!. Your blog is brilliant by the way!

Thank you - and I'm sorry to hear of your problems though sometimes they can be a good thing I guess :smile:

And yeah, I actually look forward to weekends now (I never used to :biggrin:) So to try and combat the tiredness this I started to do some revision before school, so that if I'm tired I have still done something that day :smile:
Original post by Hambi123
You're welcome, everything is going good thankyou. I've just been struggling with science because it's hard trying to memorise everything in the revision guide. Maths is good, I'm finding it easier then last year and sociology is really difficult but I still have loads to memorise. If anyone has any revision tips for sociology can you please let me know as I have no idea how to revise for it 😭

If anyone needs any help for maths this is the key and it will help you cover every topic: http://keshmaths.com/gcse-maths-takeaway-3/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you doing GCSE or A-level? And thanks for the link :smile:
Sometimes, if I feel 'in the mood' for a certain topic I will just revise that and ignore the timetable, though it is good when I know I need to revise and don't know what to revise - as long as you are revising something then I don't really suppose it matter what you do when, as long as you know it by the exam :smile:

Is your timetable really strict and regimented or is there room for rearranging, because that may be a reason why you can't always follow it - kinda like putting yourself off, if you get what I mean :smile:

Same is there anywhere where i could make a time table
I have literally never used my time table only ever once :frown: I really neeed one now :smile:
Thank you - and I'm sorry to hear of your problwms though sometimes they can be a good thing I guess :smile:

And yeah, I actually look forward to weekends now (I never used to :biggrin:) So to try and combat this I started to do some revision before school, so that if I'm tired I have still done something that day :smile:

That's a good idea to do some before school - I might start doing that!

And I guess problems can be a good thing - its why I want to study medicine after all!
Same is there anywhere where i could make a time table
I have literally never used my time table only ever once :frown: I really neeed one now :smile:

Of course, you could always make one on here although I prefer to set it out my own way so using Excel or Word is useful. You could also just get a planner/diary or use an online one and plan out revision that way - I use Google Calendar and plan the night before :smile:

If you need help with it let me know :smile:
That's a good idea to do some before school - I might start doing that!

And I guess problems can be a good thing - its why I want to study medicine after all!

I get up at 6:30 and do an hour before school :smile:

And yeah that's always a good reason to want to study! You'd think that not being able to see properly and having eczema would make me want to study medicine but if I ever see a needle I'd pass out so it's probably not a good idea :biggrin:
I get up at 6:30 and do an hour before school :smile:

And yeah that's always a good reason to want to study! You'd think that not being able to see properly and having eczema would make me want to study medicine but if I ever see a needle I'd pass out so it's probably not a good idea :biggrin:

I don't thinks passing out in front of a patient would be a good idea... If I wanted to do an hour before school I would have to be up at half five! I might set my alarm for six and do half an hour before school though. Help get my brain in gear for the day too!
I don't thinks passing out in front of a patient would be a good idea... If I wanted to do an hour before school I would have to be up at half five! I might set my alarm for six and do half an hour before school though. Help get my brain in gear for the day too!

Definitely wouldn't :biggrin:

Wow! Half five would be committed, how come it would have to be so early, if you don't mind me asking?

It might be worth a try though, even if it is only a short amount, because it adds up over a week.
I'm a GCSE student. I'm doing resits because I failed my GCSEs last year 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Definitely wouldn't :biggrin:

Wow! Half five would be committed, how come it would have to be so early, if you don't mind me asking?

It might be worth a try though, even if it is only a short amount, because it adds up over a week.

Basically I have to leave for the Bus at half seven, but because the bus company doesn't factor in the traffic I'm always around twenty minutes late for school (which thankfully is still registration!). In total I spend about three hours travelling to and from school everyday, but I have to stand on the bus in the morning (nicely killing my knees) but I revise on the bus on the way home :smile: How long do you travel for?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending