The Student Room Group

Prom Versus Further Maths

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LogicalFallacy
Is there a reason for this or just personal preference?

For me it's personal preference, but I would say you should focus on your exam here and feel confident, instead of thinking "Oh what if I spent those hours last night revising"
Original post by doodle_333
ah, fair enough... then I still think OP should go to the prom but definitely be home early and taking it seriously!

Thank you very much for your input!
Original post by Imperion
I'm sure your date will appreciate a "It's not you, it's FM".

If they don't understand, are they really right for you?
Original post by Death Grips
Your grades, which stick with you for life, are more important than one night of fun.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you very much, I appreciate your input!
Original post by Student403
For me it's personal preference, but I would say you should focus on your exam here and feel confident, instead of thinking "Oh what if I spent those hours last night revising"

Thank you very much, that's very useful.
Reply 25
I'd go to prom. Get royally ****ed up at the after party and stroll into your exam still pissed.
You'll remember prom night forever. Life isn't all about grades

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you very much, that's very useful.

All good :smile:

Original post by thad33
I'd go to prom. Get royally ****ed up at the after party and stroll into your exam still pissed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol
Original post by morgan8002
If they don't understand, are they really right for you?

I'm certain my date will understand, but of course she is likely to be disappointed if I don't attend, and rightly so.
Further maths for sure in my opinion.

I definitely won't be going to my school's prom
Original post by thad33

Posted from TSR Mobile

I certainly won't be getting drunk, but thank you for your opinion!
I'm certain my date will understand, but of course she is likely to be disappointed if I don't attend, and rightly so.

Assuming it's the same as it was when I took it, is one exam on the monday and one on the friday with no other exams in between? If so, and if it were me, I'd probably just do a lot of revision on the Tuesday, Wednesday and thursday morning, then go to the prom (maybe not the after party) and sit the exam on the friday
Original post by Anonymous
Further maths for sure in my opinion.

I definitely won't be going to my school's prom

Thank you, anonymous, for sharing your opinion. Would you be able to give a reason why, or is that too personal?
Lots of people in my year have exams after prom but I think most/all of us are going to prom and the after parties :biggrin:

I certainly won't be getting drunk, but thank you for your opinion!

You sure? :wink:
Don't go to the prom, but go out for a meal with your date after exams.
Thank you, anonymous, for sharing your opinion. Would you be able to give a reason why, or is that too personal?

I had been up for the idea until the start of this year and new staff at the school have just put me off completely. One in particular yells at me constantly despite being well behaved and A* student - so they have made me feel as though I have nothing to celebrate with them

I know I sound very negative but I have never wanted to leave the school so much - in Yr7 I couldn't love school more but now they have just gone downhill and Ofsted seem to agree, yet they seem blind to it.

Anyways rant over :smile:
Original post by surina16
Lots of people in my year have exams after prom but I think most/all of us are going to prom and the after parties :biggrin:

You sure? :wink:

I'm going to try my damndest not to! Thank you for your input, too.
Original post by stevey396
Don't go to the prom, but go out for a meal with your date after exams.

I was considering this, thank you for your input!
Original post by Anonymous
I had been up for the idea until the start of this year and new staff at the school have just put me off completely. One in particular yells at me constantly despite being well behaved and A* student - so they have made me feel as though I have nothing to celebrate with them

I know I sound very negative but I have never wanted to leave the school so much - in Yr7 I couldn't love school more but now they have just gone downhill and Ofsted seem to agree, yet they seem blind to it.

Anyways rant over :smile:

Wow, that sounds like a rough time. So it's school-related, right? Thank you for telling me.
Reply 38
Wow, that sounds like a rough time. So it's school-related, right? Thank you for telling me.

Be young and stupid while you can. You'll regret it otherwise

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah it's put me right off I'm actually counting down the days until I leave. It is school related which I suppose doesn't really help with your question, so I'd say weigh up the pros and cons of going prom or focusing on the exam. Write them all down and see which reasons mean the most to you.

I hope you manage to decide and Good Luck for your exam :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest