The Student Room Group

2016 Nursing Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

I got an unconditional for glasgow caley in decemeber and i've had interviews for stirling, dundee and RGU. my napier one is later this month. starting to freak out a bit that everyones getting offers for the unis i've had interviews for and i've still heard nothing!!
[QUOTE=claaaare;63340023]I got an unconditional for glasgow caley in decemeber and i've had interviews for stirling, dundee and RGU. my napier one is later this month. starting to freak out a bit that everyones getting offers for the unis i've had interviews for and i've still heard nothing!!

When is your Napier interview? Mine is 23rd March☺️
Original post by Pammy33
Hi, have you heard back from stirling? Wondering how long they take to give out decisions 😁

I got an unconditional 2/3 weeks ago from Stirling. When was your interview? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3163
I applied for Teeside September 2016 intake children's & they offered me September 2017 intake anyone have any idea why?
Original post by eilidhr99
Hiya, no I haven't yet! I know they've given out unconditionals but not heard anyone getting a conditional yet! But hopefully we should hear soon!

I got an unconditional from Stirling last week :smile: still waiting for decion frm uws and cali haven't been in touch at all! :smile:
Original post by claaaare
I got an unconditional for glasgow caley in decemeber and i've had interviews for stirling, dundee and RGU. my napier one is later this month. starting to freak out a bit that everyones getting offers for the unis i've had interviews for and i've still heard nothing!!

Did caley give u and interview? I have still heard nothing from them! :frown:
Original post by Erin1985
I got an unconditional from Stirling last week :smile: still waiting for decion frm uws and cali haven't been in touch at all! :smile:

Aw congratulations! I'm just in 5th year so can only get a conditional, not heard anyone get a conditional for Stirling so I'm assuming they're just giving out the unconditionals just now ☺️ Didn't apply to UWS or Cali but my friend got a conditional from Cali a while ago!
Original post by imjustnotnormal
I had an interview there yesterday, they said they only gave out a few offers to 'exceptional' people after the November/December lot of interviews, since there's so few places they're waiting until they interview everyone they want to before giving out the rest of the offers. You should hear within the next month :smile: they said that no news is usually good news, so don't worry about it. Hope you get a place!

Okay, that makes sense :smile: Thank you! That has comforted me somewhat
Original post by emmawebb
Anyone had any offers from Angila Ruskin or staffordshire? xx

Anglia Ruskin told me that I didn't get an interview because I had insufficient grades which didn't meet their entry requirements except they gave me an offer last year for children's nursing, which is harder to get into than adult nursing and I haven't lost/gained any other qualifications in a year so I didn't really understand that. But it helped me make my decision so I wasn't that fussed! X
Original post by katiec95
Anglia Ruskin told me that I didn't get an interview because I had insufficient grades which didn't meet their entry requirements except they gave me an offer last year for children's nursing, which is harder to get into than adult nursing and I haven't lost/gained any other qualifications in a year so I didn't really understand that. But it helped me make my decision so I wasn't that fussed! X

Oh, thats so confusing, but if it helps.. i applied through extra for angila ruskin last year and was placed on the waiting list and I remember the entry requirements for childrens nursing was lower than adult, childrens was only 260 ucas where as adult was 280 but this year they have put the requirements up to 280 aswell so they're both the same now. Not sure if that makes a difference to you. Are you applying for adult or child? Have you any offers yet xx
Original post by LG1993
I applied for Teeside September 2016 intake children's & they offered me September 2017 intake anyone have any idea why?

Sep 16 is probably full xxx massive Number of applicants because of the bursary xx
Can someone help I think I've made a stupid mistake..basically I got told by a uni to make my SAAS account now and college in England where shouting at me for not doing it, so I did but now I can't apply until April...it keeps coming up saying I'm applying for 2015/6 but I'm not at uni... will it change automatically or do I need to delete my account and start again? Help😭😭😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
is anyone still waiting for an interview at keele for adult nursing
Reply 3173
[QUOTE=SparklyToes;63352135]Sep 16 is probably full xxx massive Number of applicants because of the bursary xx
I'm devastated means waiting another year - fingers crossed in still waiting to hear from Northumbria xx
Original post by LG1993
I'm devastated means waiting another year - fingers crossed in still waiting to hear from Northumbria xx

Ignore that negativity, there is no way to know if it is full or not. If you are still waiting to hear then don't give up just yet :smile: Good luck! x
Original post by cazcar19
Ignore that negativity, there is no way to know if it is full or not. If you are still waiting to hear then don't give up just yet :smile: Good luck! x

I wasn't being negative! We were told at our interview that if they liked us but this year was full theyd offer us sept 17.
Reply 3176
Original post by bethhannah96
They haven't even got back to me yet

How long u been waiting? I was told today with in two weeks.
Reply 3177
I only heard off USW last week offering an interview, theyre still giving them out i think. Did you have an interview at Cardiff? Xx
Original post by bthom19
Has anyone not heard anything at all from University of South Wales? I'm doing Child branch, and starting to get really nervous. Got rejected from Cardiff and UWE.
Reply 3178
Hi everyone, I've set up a Facebook group for anyone who has been given an offer so far for nursing at Nottingham so we can start to get to know each other and ask questions etc. The link for the group is https://www.facebook.com/groups/201152980250078/?fref=ts :smile:
Original post by CaitlinN15
Can someone help I think I've made a stupid mistake..basically I got told by a uni to make my SAAS account now and college in England where shouting at me for not doing it, so I did but now I can't apply until April...it keeps coming up saying I'm applying for 2015/6 but I'm not at uni... will it change automatically or do I need to delete my account and start again? Help😭😭😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey so yeah you are best opening your SAAS account as early as possible, in case you need to sort out extra documents or fix mistakes or whatever, but they're obviously not accepting applications for later this year yet. Once you've opened an account it is usually the one you stick with through your whole time in education, and any changes you need to make will be done within that account. I would wait until April and check if it's changed, and if not just phone them with your account details and explain what has happened - they're usually really helpful over the phone. Either way you've got loads of time still - I used to do mine at the beginning of June :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending