The Student Room Group

Talking to a girl at work

So I've started a new job at a supermarket, and in my induction about 2 weeks ago I really clicked with this girl and I could tell she liked me as she would stare at me literally any chance she had and would smile any time I looked at her, but continue to stare.

Now I have a vague idea about the shifts she works but I am only certain about her Saturday shift, which ends half an hour into when my shift starts. None or our shifts are similar at all, and I really want to speak to her again but I'm not sure how to go about it? I saw her yesterday on her shift but her line manager was there and I didn't want to approach her.

any advice? I can take overtime in her department so we end up working the same shift but I don't know when she actually works apart from Saturday.
Original post by Itsthatguy
So I've started a new job at a supermarket, and in my induction about 2 weeks ago I really clicked with this girl and I could tell she liked me as she would stare at me literally any chance she had and would smile any time I looked at her, but continue to stare.

Now I have a vague idea about the shifts she works but I am only certain about her Saturday shift, which ends half an hour into when my shift starts. None or our shifts are similar at all, and I really want to speak to her again but I'm not sure how to go about it? I saw her yesterday on her shift but her line manager was there and I didn't want to approach her.

any advice? I can take overtime in her department so we end up working the same shift but I don't know when she actually works apart from Saturday.

I think you should ask her for her number when her shift ends or ask for a break and tell her you like and all that stuff. Given your new, I don't think you can do anything about changing shift but I definitely suggest that you work overtime in her department to prove you like her.
Reply 2
Original post by Itsthatguy

Is she on fb? Can't you talk to her on that and ask what shift she does and work overtime and get closer to her that way.
Original post by chikane
Is she on fb? Can't you talk to her on that and ask what shift she does and work overtime and get closer to her that way.

Good idea

Quick Reply