The Student Room Group

Drink Spiking! What do I do?

I went out with a friend last night. We had champagne before we left and then went to a local bar for a cocktail pitcher (after which we were meant to go out clubbing).

She made me drink 75% of this pitcher and about half way through I started feeling quite ill and faint so I went to the bathroom where I had to lie on the floor for a while and felt so nauseous that I made myself throw up (as an intermittent bulimic I am unfortunately well versed in doing this discretely).

We left the bar and she went to get food and then I almost fell asleep on the table. I managed to stumble back to my accommodation and got hot flushes so bad that I keeled over on the floor and fell asleep on the steps outside, at this point I was struggling to breathe. I made it to my room and passed out on my bed fully clothed and had a panic attack.

This morning my neck, face and chest are all extremely sore and I don't remember walking from the bar to the food place or from the food place to my accommodation, my heart is racing and despite having about 10 hours of sleep I still feel really drowsy and anxious.

Was my drink spiked? Who do I tell? What do I do?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous

Was my drink spiked?

Very unlikely

Who do I tell?

A hospital so you can get tested

What do I do?

That depends on whether you were spiked or not.
id go to the hospital asap and have them do a blood test to confirm. it sounds like someone drugged your pitcher
Sounds like someone spiked your drink with alcohol. I suspect it was probably the barman.
What does spiking a drink actually do? Do you put like a spike in it?
Reply 5
Original post by thefatone

Probably put some drug in it.
Original post by chikane
Probably put some drug in it.

oh ok

:rofl: omg <3

yes, but its a very blunt spike so dw
Reply 9
oh ok

Could be used if your drinking orange juice and someone slips in vodka behind your back but in this case I think the op was drugged.
I went out with a friend last night. We had champagne before we left and then went to a local bar for a cocktail pitcher (after which we were meant to go out clubbing).

She made me drink 75% of this pitcher and about half way through I started feeling quite ill and faint so I went to the bathroom where I had to lie on the floor for a while and felt so nauseous that I made myself throw up (as an intermittent bulimic I am unfortunately well versed in doing this discretely).

We left the bar and she went to get food and then I almost fell asleep on the table. I managed to stumble back to my accommodation and got hot flushes so bad that I keeled over on the floor and fell asleep on the steps outside, at this point I was struggling to breathe. I made it to my room and passed out on my bed fully clothed and had a panic attack.

This morning my neck, face and chest are all extremely sore and I don't remember walking from the bar to the food place or from the food place to my accommodation, my heart is racing and despite having about 10 hours of sleep I still feel really drowsy and anxious.

Was my drink spiked? Who do I tell? What do I do?

go to your local hospital and they can test you and make sure you aren't suffering any nasty after effects. Sound like you could have been but they will be able to tell you for sure. Sometimes it is possible to have a nasty reaction like this to some alcohols etc.

I'd suggest you ask a friend if they can either come care for you a bit or just keep an eye on you just incase you feel really unwell and pass out or anything

you'll be fine. Just go to the hospital to be safe and know for sure. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest