The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Awww, you're mindmap made me smile so thank you for that :smile:

It's great to see that you're going out your way to make yourself feel positive about yourself.

The things that work for me are either listening to old music or rewatching childhood movies (figures, I've been rewatching high school musical again, I feel like I'm back to being a ten year old kid :smile: )
Original post by cookiemonster15
Awww, you're mindmap made me smile so thank you for that :smile:

It's great to see that you're going out your way to make yourself feel positive about yourself.

The things that work for me are either listening to old music or rewatching childhood movies (figures, I've been rewatching high school musical again, I feel like I'm back to being a ten year old kid :smile: )

Haha thank you!

I watched Grease again yesterday, and Grease! Live lol. I always used to talk about it at secondary school. Thank you for reading the post and for your response :smile:
Original post by ravioliyears
Positivity

Once again, apologies for not posting in so long! This post will be on positivity- or at least I will try and make sure it is- and how I try and ensure that I don’t let my UC beat me down as I walk through college gates every day. If I’m completely honest. I really do need this, as I can tell that I won’t be in a good state this week. You know why? It’s because a week from today, it will be a year since I was diagnosed with UC. Who does that? Keeps a track record of when she went to hospital, when she gets her diagnosis etc. Well. I do. I do that. ‘Doesn’t it make you feel worse thinking about it?’ was a question that I was asked this week. And the answer to this that question is no. No it doesn’t. In fact (I don’t know how to put this to words), it makes me feel a whole more lighter….? Don’t know if that’s a correct term to use.

This is because I have been suffering for UC a year. A YEAR. May not seem like a long time, but that’s 365 days. 9760 hours. 525600 minutes for God’s sake. And throughout that time, I have had an a lot of needles stuck in me, several journeys to the hospital 1095 800mg tablets only for my UC, 730 Calcium Tablets and 365 Iron Tablets.

Right. Wow.

That’s a lot of tablets

And, an infinite number of tears.

When I cry at school, I get an expected response. There are some people who don’t say anything because they don’t know me and I don’t know them. Then there are a lot of people who crowd around you and begin asking you questions. Then there are the ******* ***** who think you’re crying for the hell of it because ‘you seemed fine before’. And there are my friends, who know that all they need to do is give me a hug and/or leave me alone and let me breathe. And I love them for knowing that that is all that I need.

So how will I make sure that I’ll be positive this week? I don’t know. I really don’t know. I can feel that I will cry this week. I just know it. And perhaps this week I may not be the most bubbly or positive person as I usually am but **** it.This next part is something that I began doing a few months ago, and I hope other people can take this idea if they think it could help them.

So, what I did was I made a mind map on an A4 sheet and wrote about what makes me smile, whether it’s what people have told me or if it is a line from my favourite youtuber. This A4 sheet, I admit, is slightly big headed, but I don’t care! If it makes me smile and if it makes me feel happier, that’s what counts. I made this so that I can read it on the tube every morning on my way to school. Whenever I read it, I smile like a complete and utter idiot. But, like I said, I DON’T CARE.

People are staring at me like I'm a complete idiot
I DON’T CARE

It’s big headed
I DON’T CARE

You look like a twerp smiling at a sheet of paper.
I. DON’T CARE.
Let them stare.
LET. THEM.

I am smiling, and that's what matters most.

I have attached my mind map below to give others an example. I have scribbled my name out lmao.I hope this gives you and others an idea on how you could probably boost your self-esteem or could perhaps make you feel more positive.
If you think this helps, or could help a friend, do give them this idea. Also, if you have any other ways that could help me that has helped you, please do tag me and tell me what it is I will definitely take it on board!

Thank you so much for reading and enjoy the rest of your weekend,

Furthermore, if there is anyone who suffers from IBD or IBS even, do feel free to PM me if you'd like to talk - I find that it helps to talk to someone who experiences the same or similar symptoms :smile: Thank you to those who already have!!

ravioliyears xxx
Attachment not found

It's a shame there aren't more considerate people! It always makes life so much worse when you can sense that you're being judged or mocked on top of the problems you already face.

It's good that you've found a pro-active way of reminding yourself of all those supportive/uplifting expressions, stuff like that is all too easy to forget when you're bogged down. I like that you don't take it too seriously either, "Yes you're a tw*t, everyone knows that... now laugh about it" :rofl: (brutality)

I find going on simple walks around more serene places soothes me to the point where I can think with more clarity, I can think about more positive things.

I hope you manage to enjoy the week :biggrin: x
Original post by Cremated_Spatula
It's a shame there aren't more considerate people! It always makes life so much worse when you can sense that you're being judged or mocked on top of the problems you already face.

It's good that you've found a pro-active way of reminding yourself of all those supportive/uplifting expressions, stuff like that is all too easy to forget when you're bogged down. I like that you don't take it too seriously either, "Yes you're a tw*t, everyone knows that... now laugh about it" :rofl: (brutality)

I find going on simple walks around more serene places soothes me to the point where I can think with more clarity, I can think about more positive things.

I hope you manage to enjoy the week :biggrin: x

Haha thanks! Thank you for reading and responding, means a lot! I love listening to music, it's wierd because I only like music with either good lyrics, base, melody or chord progression (yes, chord progression).
@Cremated_Spatula I found this, which I think is hilarious and so sweet, and I added a line of it on my A4 sheet:
Haha thank you!

I watched Grease again yesterday, and Grease! Live lol. I always used to talk about it at secondary school. Thank you for reading the post and for your response :smile:

Grease! Ahh, funnily enough I watched it again last year (the first time being when I was around 8) and I only just realised all those innuendos in the film..
@Cremated_Spatula I found this, which I think is hilarious and so sweet, and I added a line of it on my A4 sheet:

Rofl brilliant 👌

Haha thanks! Thank you for reading and responding, means a lot! I love listening to music, it's wierd because I only like music with either good lyrics, base, melody or chord progression (yes, chord progression).
No problem! :smile:
Chorrrd... progressio- ??? ... Yeah totally, gotta have that chord progression! *looks up chord progression*
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by cookiemonster15
Grease! Ahh, funnily enough I watched it again last year (the first time being when I was around 8) and I only just realised all those innuendos in the film..

Omg yes! Watch Grease! Live with Julianna Hough and Vanessa Hudgens. It's sooo good!
It is a shame that people are quite judgemental about situations they are not aware off. I am really sorry what you are going through and it made me open my eyes and think before I say things about people.

Try not to care what others think - They don't know what you are going through, so don't let those people get to you

Take care xx
Original post by loveleest
It is a shame that people are quite judgemental about situations they are not aware off. I am really sorry what you are going through and it made me open my eyes and think before I say things about people.

Try not to care what others think - They don't know what you are going through, so don't let those people get to you

Take care xx

Thank you so much for your response :hugs:
Thank you so much for your response :hugs:

it's alright hun x
Reply 91
I thought you had really cool music taste on the EDM thread, but now I think you're a really brave person after reading all this. I'm definitely following this thread. :yep:
Original post by aymanzayedmannan
I thought you had really cool music taste on the EDM thread, but now I think you're a really brave person after reading all this. I'm definitely following this thread. :yep:

Thank you so much! You also have amazing taste in music :biggrin: Thank you for reading and responding, means a lot :smile:
:cry2: You are inspiring!!
Original post by Imperion
:cry2: You are inspiring!!

Thank you so much! I can't believe I only just read this. You are too, thank you for your PM :jumphug:
Omg yes! Watch Grease! Live with Julianna Hough and Vanessa Hudgens. It's sooo good!

Oooo Yes! Might try to watch it sometime this week!
Reply 96
Positivity

Once again, apologies for not posting in so long! This post will be on positivity- or at least I will try and make sure it is- and how I try and ensure that I don’t let my UC beat me down as I walk through college gates every day. If I’m completely honest. I really do need this, as I can tell that I won’t be in a good state this week. You know why? It’s because a week from today, it will be a year since I was diagnosed with UC. Who does that? Keeps a track record of when she went to hospital, when she gets her diagnosis etc. Well. I do. I do that. ‘Doesn’t it make you feel worse thinking about it?’ was a question that I was asked this week. And the answer to this that question is no. No it doesn’t. In fact (I don’t know how to put this to words), it makes me feel a whole more lighter….? Don’t know if that’s a correct term to use.

This is because I have been suffering for UC a year. A YEAR. May not seem like a long time, but that’s 365 days. 9760 hours. 525600 minutes for God’s sake. And throughout that time, I have had an a lot of needles stuck in me, several journeys to the hospital 1095 800mg tablets only for my UC, 730 Calcium Tablets and 365 Iron Tablets.

Right. Wow.

That’s a lot of tablets

And, an infinite number of tears.

When I cry at school, I get an expected response. There are some people who don’t say anything because they don’t know me and I don’t know them. Then there are a lot of people who crowd around you and begin asking you questions. Then there are the ******* ***** who think you’re crying for the hell of it because ‘you seemed fine before’. And there are my friends, who know that all they need to do is give me a hug and/or leave me alone and let me breathe. And I love them for knowing that that is all that I need.

So how will I make sure that I’ll be positive this week? I don’t know. I really don’t know. I can feel that I will cry this week. I just know it. And perhaps this week I may not be the most bubbly or positive person as I usually am but **** it.This next part is something that I began doing a few months ago, and I hope other people can take this idea if they think it could help them.

So, what I did was I made a mind map on an A4 sheet and wrote about what makes me smile, whether it’s what people have told me or if it is a line from my favourite youtuber. This A4 sheet, I admit, is slightly big headed, but I don’t care! If it makes me smile and if it makes me feel happier, that’s what counts. I made this so that I can read it on the tube every morning on my way to school. Whenever I read it, I smile like a complete and utter idiot. But, like I said, I DON’T CARE.

People are staring at me like I'm a complete idiot
I DON’T CARE

It’s big headed
I DON’T CARE

You look like a twerp smiling at a sheet of paper.
I.DON’T CARE.
Let them stare.
LET. THEM.

I am smiling, and that's what matters most.

I have attached my mind map below to give others an example. I have scribbled my name out lmao.I hope this gives you and others an idea on how you could probably boost your self-esteem or could perhaps make you feel more positive.
If you think this helps, or could help a friend, do give them this idea. Also, if you have any other ways that could help me that has helped you, please do tag me and tell me what it is I will definitely take it on board!

Thank you so much for reading and enjoy the rest of your weekend,

Furthermore, if there is anyone who suffers from IBD or IBS even, do feel free to PM me if you'd like to talk - I find that it helps to talk to someone who experiences the same or similar symptoms :smile: Thank you to those who already have!!

ravioliyears xxx
Attachment not found

@Anon_98 @Andy98 @Alexion @Zacken forgot to tag you guys, my apologies

:jumphug:

It's OK you forgot to tag me - been away all weekend

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
:jumphug:

It's OK you forgot to tag me - been away all weekend

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh no problem. Did you have a nice time? Thanks for your response btw :jumphug:
Reply 98
Ahh no problem. Did you have a nice time? Thanks for your response btw :jumphug:

Was ok
Thank yuo so much Matrix! Means a lot :jumphug: I haven't tried the jar thing, but I'm defo gonna try it, thanks!!

I can't read the mindmap, it says invalid :s-smilie:

Latest

Trending

Trending