The Student Room Group

girls, if a guy was very affectionate towards you, would it turn you off?.

Scroll to see replies

Keep it in moderation, don't be sniviling about it, girls willsay they love it and don't you dare believe them, don't do it before you're going out.
As long as it doesn't get overbearing. It's aiiighhtttt.:lovie::lovie:
Original post by xobeauty
As long as it doesn't get overbearing. It's aiiighhtttt.:lovie::lovie:

When will it get "overbearing".

If everytimr I see the girl I kiss snd hug her, and tell her I love her.
And we always cuddle when we are together in bed.
Is that overbearing?.
Original post by Vibroxitrtxi
Hi.
I am a guy who is very affectionate and I am not shy about showing my affection to the girl i'm with , I like kissing her and cuddling with her and patting her hair and body and telling her how much I love her.

I am afraid it will turn off some girls.
Because these qualities are percieved as feminine or being a "Beta" male ( a term which I hate by the way ).

I guess all girls are different
But patting her hair? What is she a dog?? Sorry about that
listen don't listen to this beta/alpha ****ing bs be whoever the **** u want and do whatever the **** u wana do
When will it get "overbearing".

If everytimr I see the girl I kiss snd hug her, and tell her I love her.
And we always cuddle when we are together in bed.
Is that overbearing?.

If you feel the need to be touching her all the time it can be too much....
Example, walking in the store and your arm has to be touching hers. Doesn't sound like you're being too much, in the bed is appropriate, unless your feet always have to be touching hers even when you guys are sleeping.
Quality not quantity.
Just to explain, because everyone seem to be hung up on it, by "patting" the hair I meant like when we are watching a movie together and I put my hand in her hair and massage the back of her head.

And when we are cuddling, when we are hugged in bed I hug her tightly and pat and stroke her hair gently.
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm up for kissing/cuddling or whatever if we're together. Not sure about patting...

Some people aren't into affection though, I know I never was :K:
No. Don't be affectionate. Be an a hole. Don't be clingy. Because they'll leave you and break your heart if you get too affectionate. trust me. happens all the time. *sobs*
If you feel the need to be touching her all the time it can be too much....
Example, walking in the store and your arm has to be touching hers. Doesn't sound like you're being too much, in the bed is appropriate, unless your feet always have to be touching hers even when you guys are sleeping.

I mean yeah, when we are walking , always walking hand in hand.
And when we are in bed always hugged and cuddling and yeah are feet are touching.
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi.
I am a guy who is very affectionate and I am not shy about showing my affection to the girl i'm with , I like kissing her and cuddling with her and patting her hair and body and telling her how much I love her.

I am afraid it will turn off some girls.
Because these qualities are percieved as feminine or being a "Beta" male ( a term which I hate by the way ).

Yes you are right. I saw a very pretty girl this morning standing outside Asda... I smiled and patted her hair and told her she smelled amazing . Needless to say her friends and her just burst out laughing at me, called me a loser and a weirdo.

Its a sad sign of the times but woman like mean leather jacket wearing alpha men, not nice affectionate types like us
Original post by Betelgeuse-
Yes you are right. I saw a very pretty girl this morning standing outside Asda... I smiled and patted her hair and told her she smelled amazing . Needless to say her friends and her just burst out laughing at me, called me a loser and a weirdo.

Its a sad sign of the times but woman like mean leather jacket wearing alpha men, not nice affectionate types like us

Yeah it's sad.
But not all girls as evident from the answers here.
I mean yeah, when we are walking , always walking hand in hand.
And when we are in bed always hugged and cuddling and yeah are feet are touching.

If you need to be touching her every time she's around, problems
If you need to be touching her every time she's around, problems

Yes touching and kissing her all the time.
Yes touching and kissing her all the time.

Ugh no don't. I mean there probably will be some who like it :dontknow:
Original post by Carrot_Cake_13
Ugh no don't. I mean there probably will be some who like it :dontknow:

Why not?.
Lol 'patting'

To be honest it puts me off, this is why my last relationship "interest" went nowhere.
Why not?.

Sometimes space is nice. On a side note my hands are always cold so if your hands are warm I probably wont let go :lol:

Quick Reply