The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tahira__
If you would believe there has been evidence and plenty of it
The Quran which is a holy book, contains many examples of science, that only recently has been found to be true
How is it that it had been known in the Quran over 1400 years ago before it had been shown through 'biology, chemistry'?

Coincidence. Sometimes we can make educated guesses and be proven correct at a later date.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
your parents banged and out popped you.

That's certainly one way to answer a child asking, 'where do babies come from?' :rofl:
Reply 22
Original post by Asexual Demigod
I see no reason to believe nature follows human logic - it is simply beyond us.

I would really want you to watch that video on YouTube
The meaning of life - Islam

Everyone has their own opinions but I just want you to consider this
The Quran which is a holy book, contains many examples of science, that only recently has been found to be true
How is it that it had been known in the Quran over 1400 years ago before it had been shown through 'biology, chemistry'?

Contains no examples of science, in fact most of the Arab countries were a beacon of science and mathematics until Islam came to prominence.
(edited 8 years ago)
You never know they may exist...
In your head

Ditto for "god" but then he gets to order you around it seems

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
What would you believe is the purpose of life?

I don't think there is an overarching purpose, I think the purpose for your life can be whatever you want it to be.

The Quran contains no such thing.
I didn't choose to be an atheist. I didn't make a conscious decision to not believe in a deity's existence. I simply saw no evidence, rational explanation or convincing argument to persuade me of such.
Reply 28

Such as?
You never know they may exist...
In your head

That's called a hallucination. We are talking about whether something exists supernaturally.
Reply 30
Original post by chemting
Ditto for "god" but then he gets to order you around it seems

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why is this because we do not see God, so why do we believe in him?

This is because we will not be able to withstand God beauty, just as we cannot stand to look at the sun's beauty with our two eyes

Vague interpretations, confirmation bias and apophenia...
Yet you're not a True Muslim™ if you use vague interpretations to put Islam in a bad light.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why is this because we do not see God, so why do we believe in him?

This is because we will not be able to withstand God beauty, just as we cannot stand to look at the sun's beauty with our two eyes

Yeah but we can see the sun is there, and take pictures of it. Seems god is a bit camera shy.
Reply 33
Original post by Josb
Such as?

The expansion of the universe
"And it is We who have constructed the heaven with might, and verily, it is We who are steadily expanding it."(The Qur'an, 51:47)

The earth orbiting around the sun
While referring to the Sun and the Moon in the Qur'an, it is emphasized that each moves in a definite orbit."It is He Who created the night and the day, and the sun and the moon. They swim along, each in an orbit. "(The Qur'an, 21:33)

The sky
We made the sky a preserved and protected roof yet still they turn away from Our Signs.."(The Qur'an, 21:32)This attribute of the sky has been proved by scientific research carried out in the 20th century.The atmosphere surrounding the earth serves crucial functions for the continuity of life. While destroying many meteors big and small as they approach the earth, it prevents them from falling to earth and harming living things.

Would you like me to give you any more evidence? I would be happy to
Asking an athiest why they don't believe in religion is like asking a muslim why they aren't a christian.
This is because it is logic
Why would we be here if there weren't a reason?
No we just came into this life just so we can grow old and leave property for someone else to own later on in life

http://youtu.be/7d16CpWp-ok

Why do things taste nice or feel good? Because they just do
"And it is We who have constructed the heaven with might, and verily, it is We who are steadily expanding it."(The Qur'an, 51:47)

@BristolFresher15 once gave an excellent explanation for why this is a deliberate translation error made by modern apologists in defence of their patently false claims about scientific miracles. Hopefully he can oblige once more. :smile:
Reply 37

The earth orbiting around the sun
While referring to the Sun and the Moon in the Qur'an, it is emphasized that each moves in a definite orbit."It is He Who created the night and the day, and the sun and the moon. They swim along, each in an orbit. "(The Qur'an, 21:33)

The sky
We made the sky a preserved and protected roof yet still they turn away from Our Signs.."(The Qur'an, 21:32)This attribute of the sky has been proved by scientific research carried out in the 20th century.The atmosphere surrounding the earth serves crucial functions for the continuity of life. While destroying many meteors big and small as they approach the earth, it prevents them from falling to earth and harming living things.

Would you like me to give you any more evidence? I would be happy to

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sure you could tell me the Koran predicted that Leicester was going to win the Premier League.
Reply 38
Original post by ILikePasta
Why do things taste nice or feel good? Because they just do

I don't think it's as simple as that
It's to do with your brain chemicals and neuro messengers in your brain that makes you feel that way
That is why we all have different opinions on food etc.
Reply 39
Original post by Josb
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sure you could tell me the Koran predicted that Leicester was going to win the Premier League.

I have no idea what you are on about
But would like you to answer seriously
I'm guessing you just came out with that outburst because I struck you with something that I had said

Latest

Trending

Trending