The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xKay
his touches were good today, what you on?

Lost possession 11 times. More than any player...
Original post by xKay
not confident, btw aftv is out :smile:

It isn't impossible though. Obviously the issue you have is that you need to score at least 2 goals without conceding, which will be tough against a high pressure side like Liverpool.

That being said, with DDG in goal you always have a good chance of keeping a clean sheet. I'm a tad worried we'll be complacent and pay for it big time.
Reply 6362
Original post by xKay
no matter how crap we are, we know what the result will be against liverpool dont we?

No we don't
Reply 6363
Original post by D$I$
No we don't

that's true
Original post by xKay
no matter how crap we are, we know what the result will be against liverpool dont we?

Didn't see this - poster above ratted you out.

Nice one m8 :wink:
Original post by samir12
How do you feel about winning the FA cup? It basically gurantees you the EL if you don't finish in the top 6.

Silverware is silverware. The EL is meh.

Original post by qasidb
How to post like WOLO: put "ffs" at the end of each post.

:colonhash:. First it was tbh now its ffs :colondollar:
Reply 6366
Original post by Lúcio
Didn't see this - poster above ratted you out.

Nice one m8 :wink:

didn't say anything to embarrass myself :wink:
Original post by Lúcio
Does that affect the fact the keeper was fouled though?

Schweinsteiger was pushed into the keeper by a west ham player. Should've been a foul but so should have the fouls by Noble and Payet.
Original post by xKay
didn't say anything to embarrass myself :wink:

Worded that in a clever way you little bitch :colonhash:

If we get knocked out on Thursday, I may go on another little TSR vacation...

Original post by Mo De Lemone
Schweinsteiger was pushed into the keeper by a west ham player. Should've been a foul but so should have the fouls by Noble and Payet.

No he wasn't...

Let's be honest, the keeper was terrible in this game and he was arguably just as bad in the EL tie.
Standards have been falling ever year tbh
Reply 6369
Original post by Lúcio
Worded that in a clever way you little bitch :colonhash:

If we get knocked out on Thursday, I may go on another little TSR vacation...

Anywhere nice?
Referee was absolutely atrocious today.
Original post by xKay
Anywhere nice?

I hear Leicester is nice this time of year.
Will be a long night at their ground - I'm thinking extra time and pens. Thought it was fairly close until the goals. Rashford could do with a break I reckon for Thursday, Martial good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Opposition defenders when Anthony Martial is running at them @Dirtybit

Spoiler

Being a United fan this season

Spoiler

Original post by zKlown
Opposition defenders when Anthony Martial is running at them

Pls

Bendtner > Firmino > Origi > Martial
Original post by Rk2k14
Fellaini is so **** its unreal.
Cant control a ball to save his life.

DDG should be doing better on that free kick.

:lolwut:

There was no way he was saving that. It went to the opposite side of the goal to which he was covering and hit the post as it went it.
Original post by qasidb
:lolwut:

There was no way he was saving that. It went to the opposite side of the goal to which he was covering and hit the post as it went it.

From that distance it was obvious were the ball was going.
Should have positioned himself better.

Cant be beaten from there unless its one of them knuckleball free kicks.
Dave should have saved it. But tbh, I expect him to save everything these days. Except Evra's goal vs Bayern, that **** was legit unstoppable.
Original post by Rk2k14
From that distance it was obvious were the ball was going.
Should have positioned himself better.

Cant be beaten from there unless its one of them knuckleball free kicks.

His positioning was fine. The wall covered one part of the goal and he covered the other - just like what's supposed to happen. The free kick was simply too good, so much so that it went just up and over the wall and so far away from de Gea (who was understandably on the opposite side) that it hit the post and went in. You don't save those unless you were already on the side the ball was going towards.

EDIT: Looking at it again he's more in the centre of the goal it seems but it was still not an easy shot to save. Full credit goes to Payet for that.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by qasidb
His positioning was fine. The wall covered one part of the goal and he covered the other - just like what's supposed to happen. The free kick was simply too good, so much so that it went just up and over the wall and so far away from de Gea (who was understandably on the opposite side) that it hit the post and went in. You don't save those unless you were already on the side the ball was going towards.

But he gave too much on one side.
No way was Payet going to try and wrong foot De Gea, would have been pretty much impossible. Should have closed the gap further and done better.
Like i said, them free kicks are predictable and from that distance you shouldn't be getting beat, no matter if it was really good.

Latest