The Student Room Group

I applied on time for Ravensbourne and AUB and haven't heard back yet!

I was wondering if anyone else is in the same situation and/or if anyone would be able to help me from Rave or AUB!

I'm applied for the Film course starting September this year and I know that Unis have until May to reply but other people seem to have heard from both Unis.

I didn't submit a video showreel with my application, was I meant to do this? I have one ready to go online and on a USB for an interview as I thought that if you are asked for an interview you show it then. Leeds asked me to send them the reel online instead of an interview, do Rave and Bournemouth do the same?

Sorry for the long message and thank you!
Hello,

I also applied for both AUB and Ravensbourne, with 2 different courses at Ravensbourne. I found that one course got back to me pretty quickly (like 10 days) whereas Post Production only just got back to me yesterday. I'd imagine they have quite high demand so just wait it out, I'm sure you'll hear something very soon!

As for AUB, they got back to me after around 2 weeks, whereas I have a friend who's applying for a makeup course and it took a month or two for her. I think depending on the courses you'll have different response times.

As for a portfolio, I didn't attach mine to my personal statement. It's the first thing I showed them at interview so that shouldn't be an issue.
One of my friends did include a link, and seemed to get conditional offers straight away without interview. Either way works.

Good luck!
Original post by EdFleming98
I was wondering if anyone else is in the same situation and/or if anyone would be able to help me from Rave or AUB!

I'm applied for the Film course starting September this year and I know that Unis have until May to reply but other people seem to have heard from both Unis.

I didn't submit a video showreel with my application, was I meant to do this? I have one ready to go online and on a USB for an interview as I thought that if you are asked for an interview you show it then. Leeds asked me to send them the reel online instead of an interview, do Rave and Bournemouth do the same?

Bit of an off chance but have you been checking your spam folders? A lot of university emails end up in spam folders and get missed. Most applicants will receive *something* within a few weeks of applying even if it's just login details for an applicant portal.

It's perfectly fine to phone up admissions and ask when you can expect to hear back - that's what they're there to do and they can check that you haven't slipped through the cracks somehow.
Hi, with Film they gets tone of applicants! So it takes time to sort through them. Have they offered you a interview yet? Some courses get their replies soon but when I applied Ravensbourne was my last reply. Hopefully you'll get a reply soon :smile: If not you can always call them up
Original post by EdFleming98

Hi Ed!

I am a student ambassador from Ravensbourne, and currently we are still in the midst of receiving applications. Once we receive them it takes time to process as we then arrange interviews for some during April. I think universities are different in terms of the application process, however all universities will make their final choice by May 5th.

Hope this reassures you,
Jay :biggrin:
Reply 5
Hello there! I'm looking to apply for EPP at Ravensbourne and was wondering if you have any tips or interview advice to help my application? I'd really appreciate it. :smile:
Original post by ChloeOTC
Hello there! I'm looking to apply for EPP at Ravensbourne and was wondering if you have any tips or interview advice to help my application? I'd really appreciate it. :smile:

Hey ChloeOTC,

Have you checked out this page on our website? Click Here
It's our portfolio and interviews page for Undergraduates and Further Education. This might help you a lot!

It might help if you can explain your work clearly to the interviewer so you might want to practice with someone. It helped me a lot when I going through my work. A showreel would be good for you to show your work since you are applying for EPP and just be yourself and you'll be fine. :h:

I hope this helps and best of luck!

Kay :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending