The Student Room Group

Prom Versus Further Maths

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Serine Soul
Haha, my school was majority Muslim anyway so there wouldn't be much drinking involved either way :redface:

Yeah, they would've but I didn't want to annoy them or anything tbh. Oh well, hopefully there'll be plenty of formal parties to come over the next few years, and I'll get many chances to dress up and all :smile:

Haha, Oxford or Cambridge? Which one are you looking at?

Yeah I don't drink so there wasn't much for me to do :lol:

Actually laughing at the kids being drunken idiots was quite fun.. Snapped a few funny photos :teehee:
Original post by Trapz99
I don't see why you can't just get your revision done earlier and then go to the prom?

Oh, all my revision was done and dusted well in advance of my prom.
Just couldn't go there
Oh, all my revision was done and dusted well in advance of my prom.
Just couldn't go there

Why? Lol sorry for all the questions
Original post by Student403
Yeah I don't drink so there wasn't much for me to do :lol:

Actually laughing at the kids being drunken idiots was quite fun.. Snapped a few funny photos :teehee:

:lol:

Oh gosh, it's like looking through fb and seeing all your drinking friends acting naasty :rofl:

And those people you think are all prim and proper vomiting in a shoe or something :tongue:
:lol:

Oh gosh, it's like looking through fb and seeing all your drinking friends acting naasty :rofl:

And those people you think are all prim and proper vomiting in a shoe or something :tongue:

Good times xD
Original post by Trapz99
Why? Lol sorry for all the questions

See post #47 :redface:
See post #47 :redface:

Ok. Wow that was unlucky.
Reply 67
I have a coldplay concert at wembley the night before further maths... I'm just getting my revision out the way and reading over stuff in the car. Perhaps read over stuff before you get ready for prom and when you wake up (i'd avoid afterpartys) because if you are on study leave then you have the whole day?
Haha, Oxford or Cambridge? Which one are you looking at?

I might be considering Cambridge, but I'm not entirely certain yet.
Original post by Roisinnm
I have a coldplay concert at wembley the night before further maths... I'm just getting my revision out the way and reading over stuff in the car. Perhaps read over stuff before you get ready for prom and when you wake up (i'd avoid afterpartys) because if you are on study leave then you have the whole day?

Ah, this is very useful advice. Thank you very much!
Original post by LogicalFallacy
Hi all,

I am currently in year 11 and studying my GCSEs. 6 students in my year were chosen to do a Level 3 Algebra exam, 4 of whom have already completed their Mathematics GCSE, and I am one of the two who have not. Thankfully, we all passed the Level 3 Algebra exam and now have been entered to do a Level 2 Further Maths exam.

However, as the title suggests, there is a minor problem. Prom night is the day before the second Further Maths exam (which is a more important exam than the first as it is worth 60% of the grade). Undoubtedly, there are going to be after-parties (though whether I go to them is a different matter) and, of course, the prom itself. Now, some people have told me that prom was a great way to end the torture of year 11 (despite the fact that I would still have more to endure afterwards, but that's beside the point) and I am currently in a relationship so it does mean that I have a date to prom.

My dilemma is that I will certainly need to be finalising my revision the night before the exams. This will be no different with the Level 2 Further Maths exam. Do I not go to prom at all? Do I go and leave early? Do I just go and not worry about it? To push it, do I just completely forget it all and go to the after-parties too? Your opinion would be welcome, as I am not alone in this position.

Many thanks.

I had the same dilemma during gcse. Prom was the weekend before my last two exams on the Monday.
I did go to prom but managed to get no revision during the Saturday and minimal during the Sunday. I still did well in one of my exams but the very last one my gcse physics exam lowered my grade from a potential A* to an A.
I'd say go to prom if you know you are very ready for the exam.

It's really unfair some schools do prom before the end of exams.
Original post by tcameron
I had the same dilemma during gcse. Prom was the weekend before my last two exams on the Monday.
I did go to prom but managed to get no revision during the Saturday and minimal during the Sunday. I still did well in one of my exams but the very last one my gcse physics exam lowered my grade from a potential A* to an A.
I'd say go to prom if you know you are very ready for the exam.

It's really unfair some schools do prom before the end of exams.

It's helpful to see someone else that was in the same position as I am now. Thank you for the advice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending