The Student Room Group

~Gingerbread's road to Law~

Scroll to see replies

I'm the kind of guy who goes to an exam and asks my teacher for a pen 30 minutes before it starts :rofl:

So I think you can judge my stationary habits from there lol
Original post by Student403
I'm the kind of guy who goes to an exam and asks my teacher for a pen 30 minutes before it starts :rofl:

So I think you can judge my stationary habits from there lol

Oh nooo :lol:

I'm the sort of person who people borrow pens off and never give back :rofl:
Original post by Gingerbread101
Oh nooo :lol:

I'm the sort of person who people borrow pens off and never give back :rofl:

PSROM :rofl:
x

Awh gingerbread :cute: supercute as usual :h:
i don't have such snazzy pens as you :sad: xD
but i type my notes so i dont really need them, however i do need some new pencils :beard:
an opportunity for a stationary splurge :ahee:

ur blog is adorable :love:
Original post by CoolCavy
Awh gingerbread :cute: supercute as usual :h:
i don't have such snazzy pens as you :sad: xD
but i type my notes so i dont really need them, however i do need some new pencils :beard:
an opportunity for a stationary splurge :ahee:

ur blog is adorable :love:

Do many people at your school type notes? :smile: we aren't allowed laptops etc unless we need to type rather than write for a medical reason

Thanks darling :hugs:
Do many people at your school type notes? :smile: we aren't allowed laptops etc unless we need to type rather than write for a medical reason

Thanks darling :hugs:

ooh no i mean my revision notes :colondollar: at school i hand write them all but i mean when i'm revising :yes: sorry should have made that more clear :hugs:
hheheh 'darling' you are too cute :cute: x
ooh no i mean my revision notes :colondollar: at school i hand write them all but i mean when i'm revising :yes: sorry should have made that more clear :hugs:
hheheh 'darling' you are too cute :cute: x

Ahh, that makes more sense :tongue: I always write everything because I need to make sure that my hands are used to writing a lot because of all of the essays I'll be writing for exams :tongue:

:love:
Ahh, that makes more sense :tongue: I always write everything because I need to make sure that my hands are used to writing a lot because of all of the essays I'll be writing for exams :tongue:

:love:

yeah :colondollar: ah that is true, cos you do english and history and all that :eek: i would do that for history but i can't cope without my revision booklets :redface:
:lovehug:
(edited 8 years ago)
yeah :colondollar: ah that is true, cos you do english and history and all that :eek: i would do that for history but i can't cope without my revision booklets :redface:
:lovehug:

Yep, and I've figured out doing past papers that my average writing pace is 6-7 sides of A4 an hour :lol:
Yep, and I've figured out doing past papers that my average writing pace is 6-7 sides of A4 an hour :lol:

seriously? :eek:

Spoiler

seriously? :eek:

Spoiler

It's a good thing for the length of the essay, it's a bad thing for the ability of my hand to function after an exam :lol:
It's a good thing for the length of the essay, it's a bad thing for the ability of my hand to function after an exam :lol:

ooooh i get you :lol: and yeah omg :eek:
the thing that really bugs me is the paper quality in exams :rofl: that proper exam pink paper is good but for mocks we always get cheap horrible paper that is horrible to write on :afraid:
Mah i dont use fancy stationary just black and white for me,postitnotes for eng quotes/key info for psychology,flash cards for evaluation on economics and psychology

#oldbutgold
Update 12/03/2016

Yesterday was my History essay in exam conditions, and I think it went really well! I didn't struggle to remember anything (apart from the name of one trial, which I eventually remembered!) and I had enough time to write everything I wanted to. I'll probably get the mark back on Monday. I had a minor disaster with my English Language investigation coursework - I've managed to lose one of my annotated newspaper clippings! Luckily I still have the master copy, but I'm going to have to annotate it again. I have a draft of my English Language media piece coursework due in on Monday, and it's looking good after a shaky start! Today I've also been making notes on Russian History, which I'll talk about a little bit more below!

Resitting exams...
IMG_20160312_175142.jpg

In my AS exams last year, I was quite worried about how I'd done on the Russian section of my History exams - there were three questions and you had to pick two to answer. I was quite confident with one of them, but for the other one I was pretty distraught that I'd picked the wrong question.

Throughout the year I'd been getting full marks in practice essays for Russia, but struggling on Bs and Cs in the England section - so I focused a lot of my revision on that instead.

Lo and behold when results day came, I had a B rather than the A I'd hoped for in History. I was pretty upset about it, and then it managed to get even worse when I saw that I had an E on the Russia section, only rescued by full UMS on the England section (oh the irony).

We tried to get the exam remarked but it stayed at exactly the same mark and it was returned in 48 hours... naturally we were a bit suspicious so requested the exam script back - I'd done equally badly on both questions I'd answered.

When my teacher looked at my answers, they knew they weren't A standard, probably more like C - so if we went for an appeal that would probably be my new mark.

I decided that rather than be satisfied with a C, I was going to retake the Russia exam to try and get the 95-100 UMS I knew I could have gotten. If I do manage to get that in the exam, then it will really help my chances of getting an A* overall.

So skip forwards to now, when I'm revising Russia - I'm rewriting all of my notes and doing extra quick fire recap lessons with my teacher, so I should be all prepped in time for the exam! I'd hoped to start a bit earlier but the school production got in the way... Above are some of my new and improved Russia notes with my new highlighters!

Have you ever had any heart destroying exam experiences?

~Gingerbread~

Quotes

Yes. Yes I have, I was on target for an A* in GCSE Physics; missed it by two marks

Update 13/03/2016

I finally got hold of the last book I needed for my History coursework today! I found a reference to the historian in a textbook but couldn't find out where he actually said the things, but after a bit of research I managed to find out that he was a professor at the University of Bristol, so I emailed him and asked him about it! He told me the title of the book, but it was too expensive for me to buy just to get a few quotes, so I managed to find it on a nearby Uni's library catalogue. My head of sixth form emailed the University and they agreed to let me go in and take notes from it in their library! The moral of the story ~ if you don't ask you won't get! I also made some more notes on Russian History for my resit this afternoon. I was going to do some of my English Language media piece coursework but it's on publisher and I don't have that on my laptop... That will be my plan for my frees tomorrow!

New stationery
20160313_144709-1.jpg

While I was in the library today I took this cute photo of the new stationery I've been using recently! I thought I'd do a quick little review on here about them!

First off are the Muji Gel Ink Pens (0.38) which I got off Amazon here but you can also find them on the Muji website. I bought one black, one red and one light blue. I think if I could have found them on Amazon in the 0.5 or 0.7 size individually then I would have got them, but I still really like the 0.38! The gel writing is so smooth omg I could just stare at it all day it's so pretty... My black one is going down very quickly however, it's using more ink than other pens I've used, but compared to other gel pens I use they're reasonably cheap so I don't mind replacing them more often! I can't wait to get some more colours!

The next thing I've been using are the Zebra Mildliners, available on Amazon here incredibly cheaply! They're double ended highlighters, with one fine end. I find this really useful, as you might have noticed on some of my notes I like to write titles in highlighter then go over with pen because it stands out nicely. This is so much easier with a fine point highlighter, and the colours are really pretty because they're not as harsh on the eyes as normal neon highlighters.

I would definitely recommend both of them!

Have you used either of these? Any other stationery products you'd recommend?

~Gingerbread~

Quotes

Not a clue - I'm one of those who say "A pen's a pen"
Original post by Andy98
Yes. Yes I have, I was on target for an A* in GCSE Physics; missed it by two marks

I was only a bit off A* in my Chem GCSE... the only one I got an A in :emo:

Not a clue - I'm one of those who say "A pen's a pen"

Aw nooo

Original post by scrawlx101
Mah i dont use fancy stationary just black and white for me,postitnotes for eng quotes/key info for psychology,flash cards for evaluation on economics and psychology

#oldbutgold

I love post it notes and flash cards :biggrin:
Update 15/03/2016

I haven't had back my History essay yet, but I was talking to my teacher today and she said it was good! I also did an extra lesson of History to revise for Russia today in one of my frees, and planned lots of essays with the teacher - it was really helpful. Yesterday I also handed in another draft of my English Language Investigation coursework! For once though, I don't think I actually have any new photos to show you!! :eek2:

I hope you're all doing well

~Gingerbread~

Quotes

Update 15/03/2016

I haven't had back my History essay yet, but I was talking to my teacher today and she said it was good! I also did an extra lesson of History to revise for Russia today in one of my frees, and planned lots of essays with the teacher - it was really helpful. Yesterday I also handed in another draft of my English Language Investigation coursework! For once though, I don't think I actually have any new photos to show you!! :eek2:

I hope you're all doing well

~Gingerbread~

Quotes

Thanks for the update - keep working hard :h:
Thanks for the update - keep working hard :h:

This is keeping me really motivated to make sure I have something new to say every time I post :biggrin:
This is keeping me really motivated to make sure I have something new to say every time I post :biggrin:

You're doing great :yep:

Has this been affecting your class performance in any way?

I was talking to a friend today because hanging around the academic forums has really been improving mine. People on here are truly awesome

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending