The Student Room Group

Postgraduate Loan

Hello , i was wondering whether or not i am eligible for a postgraduate(MSc) tuition fee loan as a EU resident .One of the criteria is
-ordinarily live in England
but i am not sure if a EU student living in the uk for his studies is fulfilling this requirement

-Thanks in advance
Original post by bemanos
Hello , i was wondering whether or not i am eligible for a postgraduate(MSc) tuition fee loan as a EU resident .One of the criteria is
-ordinarily live in England
but i am not sure if a EU student living in the uk for his studies is fulfilling this requirement

-Thanks in advance

This is tricky to answer as the full guidance on residency for the new loans has not yet been released.

It seems as though this will run in a similar way to the situation in Scotland - for that UK students need to fulfil the residency requirements of living in Scotland and non-UK EU students don't.

If that is the case then the requirement for England residency will only apply to UK students. All non-UK EU students will be eligible.
Hi bemanos

If you’re an EU national, but don’t normally live in England you may be able to get a Postgraduate Loan for a Master’s course at a university or college in England. We will have confirmation of this nearer the time.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending