The Student Room Group

IDF "bomb civilians for entertainment"

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mahmoud X
Most of them are stupid, on this website there is literally only one intelligent pro-Palestine poster.

I mean we're arguing on a thread where the topic is a story I cannot find in any non-partisan publication, either the Jewish conspiracy managed to shut it down, or we're being lied to.

The Jewish conspiracy.
You wonder how people come up with this.

We're always being lied to - We're never told the whole truth - everyone's bias against each other - people change and manipulate statistics just to suit them.
Why are people struggling to believe that the IDF have indiscriminately killed civilians? Qana, my home village in Lebanon was attacked twice by the IDF. The first incident was in 1996 when a UN compound sheltering over 800 civilians was shelled and over 100 people killed. Initially, they claimed it was a 'technical error' and denied that an Israeli drone was spying on the compound before the shelling, then later a UN investigation revealed footage of the drone and concluded that it's highly unlikely that the shelling was a result of technical errors,and was in fact intentional.Again in 2006, they carried out an airstrike on a compound,killing 30 civilians(many of whom were children)

I'm so tired of seeing people blind to the atrocities committed by Israel and making excuses for them.
"They warned civilians to leave"-what good is it to tell civilians to leave their homes after destroying all the roads,making it virtually impossible to leave, and even when they attempt to leave, are killed by soldiers.
Original post by teenhorrorstory
In an interview conducted on Tuesday with the Israeli soldier Arieh, 20, he said: “I was called to service early on July 2014 and was deployed to the Gaza Strip but until that time the operation [Operation Protective Edge] was not announced yet.

“Only some soldiers speculated that there will be war, but later our commander told us to imagine a 200 metre radius and to immediately shoot anything moving inside this circle.”

He stressed: “We bombed civilian targets for entertainment,” noting “one day at about 8am we went to the Al-Bureij; a densely populated refugee camp in central Gaza, and the commander told us to select a random target and shoot it.

“At the time we did not see any Hamas fighters, no one shot at us, but the commander told us jokingly: ‘We have to send Bureij a morning greeting from the Israeli army.’”

“I remember that one day, a soldier from our unit was killed and our commander asked us for revenge so I drew the tank randomly towards a huge white residential building, just four kilometres away from us and fired a shell at the 11th floor. I must have killed civilians who were absolutely innocent,” he continued.

- See more at: http://www.daysofpalestine.com/features/israeli-soldier-bombed-civilians-entertainment/#sthash.jycbMJcQ.dpuf

How likely is it that this account is true?? I'm so disgusted

You're asking how likely is it that a Palestinian source is accurate about an Israeli soldier. If I were to put money on it, the answer would be not likely.

To be honest I'm sick of people going on about this conflict because if someone says they support Israel or Palestine, they seem to ignore that the other side has legitimate grievances even though this cluster-**** has been going on for generations now.
Reply 43
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Bias has nothing to do with it. What matters is whether the facts are indeed facts. In this case the fact is what was supposedly said by an ex Isralie soldier. The question is did that happen and is this what he said. Then whether his testimony is true.

The bias is what conclusion you draw form that fact. I'm sure a racist genocidal far right Israeli would support and be fine with indiscriminately targeting Palestinians.

You can bring the bias into account when trying to asses whether the facts are true or not. In this case that fact isn't that far fetched considering sources you get from more reliable places like recognise human rights monitoring organisations.

You're right, thank you for the correction.
Original post by NeoconZionist
Guys!!!!!!!!!!! Look how unfair this conflict is!!!
Hamas can only use people to defend their weapons which they indiscrimanately fire at the evil zionists!

If only there was a way Hamas could do something to decrease civillian casualties!

Spoiler

Hi Mahmoud X

The people who give the orders to fire do not have to pay for the for it themselves privately. :facepalm:
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi Mahmoud X

Errr

I assure you that is not me
Hi NeoconZionist

I'm not stupid. You said exactly the same thing :rofl:

and now here you are in perfect timing.

You are quite hung up on your they wouldn't waste money thoery.

when have I ever posted that graphic?

I think u r paranoid m8
Hi, ChaoticButterfly.

I kindly ask that you rewrite your sentence into a more coherent form. I don't know what "do not have to pay for the for it" means!

Thanks!

The officer does not privately own the weapons. The state does.
Hi, ChaoticButterfly.

I kindly ask that you rewrite your sentence into a more coherent form. I don't know what "do not have to pay for the for it" means!

Thanks!

probably talking about prostitutes or some other perverted ****
when have I ever posted that graphic?

I think u r paranoid m8

"The idea that the IDF actually wastes millions of dollars worth of equipment killing civillians for the lolz is ridiculous." ~ NeoconZionist

"the evil fascist armies of Zion decided to wastes millions of dollars with of equipment for the lulz" - Mahmoud

"even a little to think that Israel a small cash-strapped nation surrounded by enemies would waste millions of dollars conducting bombing raids for entertainment.

Military operations are not like going to the supermarket for a grocery shop, it's not £10 on a tank of petrol and you're away." - Mahmoud

You are quite hung up on this and keep posting it. It's like putting a fake mastache on your nose as a disguise.

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
"The idea that the IDF actually wastes millions of dollars worth of equipment killing civillians for the lolz is ridiculous." ~ NeoconZionist

"the evil fascist armies of Zion decided to wastes millions of dollars with of equipment for the lulz" - Mahmoud

"even a little to think that Israel a small cash-strapped nation surrounded by enemies would waste millions of dollars conducting bombing raids for entertainment.

Military operations are not like going to the supermarket for a grocery shop, it's not £10 on a tank of petrol and you're away." - Mahmoud

You are quite hung up on this.

Because it's so obvious

That's the thing about facts, two different people can come to the same conclusion, unless you're a ****ing retard lol :rofl:
(edited 8 years ago)
Because it's so obvious

That's the thing about facts, two different people can come to the same conclusion, unless you're a ****ing retard lol :rofl:

You're not fooling anyone lmfao
What officer?
What weapons?
What state?

You're confusing me!

Officer that gives the orders to fire at civilians.

The rocket launchers.

The state of Israel... obviously.
You're not fooling anyone lmfao

I'm really not lol :rofl:

This proves just how paranoid the average antisemite loon is
Officer that gives the orders to fire at civilians.

The rocket launchers.

The state of Israel... obviously.

Yes but which ones?
I'm really not lol :rofl:

This proves just how paranoid the average antisemite loon is

Was only a matter of time before that term was thrown around mindlessly.
Was only a matter of time before that term was thrown around mindlessly.

because it's pathetic, you've used a totally dishonest source where I can find no verification using other less biases sources

and now, apparently I am some other user I literally know nothing about :rofl:

Are you sure you don't check under your bed at night, better make sure no Zionists are lurking there?
Okay, you've got me. Mahmoud and I are both part of a Mossad conspiracy!
Good job on thwarting our evil plans!

Also, it's your moustache - not you're moustache!

Spoiler

Don't tell him you're me Mr Rothschild

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
because it's pathetic, you've used a totally dishonest source where I can find no verification using other less biases sources

and now, apparently I am some other user I literally know nothing about :rofl:

Are you sure you don't check under your bed at night, better make sure no Zionists are lurking there?

And if you actually read all of my OP, I asked how likely it was that the solider's account was true. I didn't say that the source was 100% accurate.

Why, are the zionists trying to take over my bedroom too? :cry:
Don't tell him you're me Mr Rothschild

Spoiler

You said before there was only one intelligent pro-Palestinian supporter on TSR - You failed to mention that there's only one pro-Israel supporter on here - me/you/us/we/them

Maybe "everyone" on TSR is just 1 or 2 people IRL :eek: :eek:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending