The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1880
Original post by BBeyond
I would say you can overdo revision - if it gets to a point where you have no motivation left before the end of exams then you have overdone it. The key is to run out of motivation as your exams end but that is hard to get right I guess. Maybe try cutting down a session (potentially 2 on weekends? - for example the ridiculously early one that starts at 7am) a day and see if you feel any better. Obviously the day before an exam such as your EMPA it could be good to cram I agree with that, but I don't think it's necessary everyday to be doing a large amount of hours 2 months away from exams, especially when you have school, you have to strike a balance.

I didn't factor in homework and things into that, I was talking about pure revision in the hour a day, so it probably does come out to around 15-18 hours a week on an average week factoring in homework. Some weekends I may do a lot more than an hour as well, it all depends on how I'm feeling :smile:

Oh right, yes. - I understand what you mean and totally agree. Well, last year I was working pretty hard from September, like, intensely and I ran out of fuel by March which meant that all my exams suffered a great amount. I literally couldn't even attend any more normal lessons bc I had, had absolutely enough of everything. Obviously a bad idea.- I didn't realise at the time, ofc. This year, I've more/less tried the opposite so hoping it will be okay. I do think you're right about that though and that's what I'm trying to make sure happens.

Yeah, I might do that- not sure bc I do work best in the morning so maybe I'll just take longer breaks throughout the day/finish earlier.- Thank you. Oh right, well on weekdays I only do an average of two hours. I don't even have time for anymore than that simply bc I return home quite late on most days and it gets really busy as well as the fact that I get tired but hmm.. yeah, I might reduce the amount I do on weekends.

Ah alright! Got it. :smile: An hour/two on a Saturday seems like a ridiculously low amount though. >.< I mean, if you get up at 7am and finish your daily revision by 9am surely that's just ..not enough.. :s-smilie:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1881
Original post by Guls
how many As exams.
Posted from TSR Mobile

7 AS, what about you?
Reply 1882
Original post by BBeyond

I have 15 exams this year (4 resits), how many AS resits do you have?

Ah cool, I have 16 exams (7 resits) Do you do further maths? :h:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Anon_98
Ah cool, I have 16 exams and 7 resits. Do you do further maths? :h:

So you have 23 exams? That is a crazy amount??? Yeah I do, you?
Reply 1884
4 A2 subjects??
Original post by Anon_98
Ah cool, I have 16 exams and 7 resits. Do you do further maths? :h:
I was getting worried- I thought 'Anon_98' was doing your gcse's. Do you think we have to do as much revision for our gcses as you are currently doing? and starting 2 months early? isn't that too early for gcses? I heard you can hack with day before revision.
Reply 1886
Original post by BBeyond
So you have 23 exams? That is a crazy amount??? Yeah I do, you?

No, gosh ofc not. I've edited my post. :rofl: Sorry, misplaced a word. :colondollar: Ah alright cool + nope. (:
Reply 1887
Original post by Guls
4 A2 subjects??

3 A2 subjects. :smile:

Original post by mygcserevision
I was getting worried- I thought 'Anon_98' was doing your gcse's. Do you think we have to do as much revision for our gcses as you are currently doing? and starting 2 months early? isn't that too early for gcses? I heard you can hack with day before revision.

:lol:

Yeah, you totally can but I wouldn't recommend you starting your GCSE revision the day before! A month before should be okay. Or if you're starting revision 2 months before then that's when I'd be doing an hour a day lmao.
Reply 1888
:work: 9:00pm.:work:
~Logging out time!~

Okay cool, enough distractions. :'3 I'm doing Biologyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.
Original post by Anon_98
x

that was early wasn't :tongue:
Reply 1890
Original post by fatima1998
that was early wasn't :tongue:

Pardon?
Original post by Anon_98
Pardon?

it's now 10 min to 9 o'clock and you posted that time 5 min early :tongue:
Reply 1892
it's now 10 min to 9 o'clock and you posted that time 5 min early :tongue:

Ah right, yep - I just didn't want to be quoted anymore bc I was about to start the study block and also didn't want to talk about my revision process for any longer bc it was making me feel unintelligent. :lol:
Original post by Anon_98
Ah right, yep - I just didn't want to be quoted anymore bc I was about to start the study block and also didn't want to talk about my revision process for any longer bc it was making me feel unintelligent. :lol:

hahah... you are literally doing GREAT :gthumb:
soo don't feel that :hugs:
Original post by Carrot_Cake_13
How did your session go :smile:

Hahah I do OCR A biology and did a bit of this yesterday. Doing Organic Chemistry now though. Might switch to biology in about an hour.

It didn't go too great cause i kept getting distracted haha. I also need to do organic chemistry... :bricks:not looking forward to it
Has this been effective for anybody yet? :redface:
Original post by pandasandpens
It didn't go too great cause i kept getting distracted haha. I also need to do organic chemistry... :bricks:not looking forward to it

There's always tomorrow :redface: On the positive side lets test how much your remember :smile: State one thing you learnt/remember.

Distracted by what sites?

Kinda gave up on my organic chemistry revision after getting confused.
Original post by Carrot_Cake_13
There's always tomorrow :redface: On the positive side lets test how much your remember :smile: State one thing you learnt/remember.

Distracted by what sites?

Kinda gave up on my organic chemistry revision after getting confused.

My phone is just one big distraction :biggrin:.
So far i remember how bacteria reproduce haha....

Organic chemistry confuses me too. What sort of stuff did you get stuck on?
Reply 1898
hahah... you are literally doing GREAT :gthumb:
soo don't feel that :hugs:

Yep, I'm just going to focus on my goals. - Thank you. :hugs:<3
Reply 1899
:work: 10:00pm.:work:
~Logging out time!~

I've watched most of the videos, I'm just going to finish doing that in this session and rewatch them all at least once bc I want to make sure it's all solid and I'll also spend a bit of time trying to find one of those websites that have specific topic past paper questions. - If that makes sense. Like, I know they do them for maths but I haven't come across a Biology version as of yet.

Latest

Trending

Trending