The Student Room Group

Ex wants to hang out...?

My ex and I had a crazy intense relationship which ended badly on her part. We've been at uni for 2 years now, and neither of us have found anything as good with other people. Having seen each other a handful of times over the past few years, and having spoken only occasionally, she randomly started talking to me again, albeit intermittently.

After catching up, she has asked to meet up when we are both home for Easter. Since I am moving to the city she lives in next year, she has also said that it would be "maybe nice to spend more time together". Does this mean anything? We weren't friends before getting together and haven't spoken since with any regularity so I can't imagine it's just a friends thing, but who knows? What do you think?
Sorry to be so blunt… my advice? Don't.
Reply 2
Forget about it
Reply 3
Original post by iEthan
Sorry to be so blunt… my advice? Don't.

Thanks for the reply. Why do you say so?
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks for the reply. Why do you say so?

It would hurt you, it would be awkward and it would just be such a negative experience. Please don't do it :no:
Reply 5
Original post by iEthan
It would hurt you, it would be awkward and it would just be such a negative experience. Please don't do it :no:

Possibly. As I said, we have met up in the past a few times and it hasn't been awkward. We're both pretty talkative etc. We've even slept together a bit since breaking up. Thing is, I just don't know how I see her now - when we first met, I thought the world of her. Since the breakup, this has changed and I don't want to tarnish what we had.

Having said this, it feels great being around her and I'd hate to think there had been a chance to be back in each others lives and I'd missed it.
My ex and I had a crazy intense relationship which ended badly on her part. We've been at uni for 2 years now, and neither of us have found anything as good with other people. Having seen each other a handful of times over the past few years, and having spoken only occasionally, she randomly started talking to me again, albeit intermittently.

After catching up, she has asked to meet up when we are both home for Easter. Since I am moving to the city she lives in next year, she has also said that it would be "maybe nice to spend more time together". Does this mean anything? We weren't friends before getting together and haven't spoken since with any regularity so I can't imagine it's just a friends thing, but who knows? What do you think?

No! Don't do it!
Stay away from her like she's a disease!!!! Seriously though, it ended for a reason, leave it that way!
Possibly. As I said, we have met up in the past a few times and it hasn't been awkward. We're both pretty talkative etc. We've even slept together a bit since breaking up. Thing is, I just don't know how I see her now - when we first met, I thought the world of her. Since the breakup, this has changed and I don't want to tarnish what we had.

Having said this, it feels great being around her and I'd hate to think there had been a chance to be back in each others lives and I'd missed it.

I'm going to remain pessimistic and say that it's a bit of a façade. But, by the looks of things, you've already got your mind made up.
Reply 8
Original post by CleverSquirrel
No! Don't do it!
Stay away from her like she's a disease!!!! Seriously though, it ended for a reason, leave it that way!

Haha, thanks for your reply. Well it ended because we went to uni and couldn't do distance. Since I'm moving to London (where she now lives) next year, that won't be an issue any longer. So, I don't know...
Reply 9
Original post by iEthan
I'm going to remain pessimistic and say that it's a bit of a façade. But, by the looks of things, you've already got your mind made up.

A facade in the sense that she's not actually interested in trying again or?
A facade in the sense that she's not actually interested in trying again or?

I just think it's a bad idea… perhaps I'm bitter, you do you OP just try not to get hurt, because it really sucks…
Haha, thanks for your reply. Well it ended because we went to uni and couldn't do distance. Since I'm moving to London (where she now lives) next year, that won't be an issue any longer. So, I don't know...

haha no probs!! I'm here to help :smile:

Yeah i completely understand, the whole long distance thing can cause a few problems.
Hmm interesting, why are you moving down to London? is it especially for her or for another reason?

If you want to talk about it more PM me, i could help you out more there :smile:
If you wanna hang out with her then hang out with her...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending