The Student Room Group

Can I go for Architecture on results day through clearing?

I don't have a portfolio but would I stand a chance if I have good grades?
Hmm, I'm looking to study architecture and every single uni I've seen requires a portfolio, as you have submit it in order for them to see your ability in art and design. However you're best off contacting the universities now and asking if its possible
Original post by formulasum
Hmm, I'm looking to study architecture and every single uni I've seen requires a portfolio, as you have submit it in order for them to see your ability in art and design. However you're best off contacting the universities now and asking if its possible

Oh I see, thank you for the response! Do you think it's possible to work on a portfolio during the Summer leading up to results day which I can then show the universities?
Original post by blueangel328
Oh I see, thank you for the response! Do you think it's possible to work on a portfolio during the Summer leading up to results day which I can then show the universities?

It's best to work on a portfolio in your spare time now, and just add as you go along really as it would show commitment. But if you can't then yeah try do it in the summer, however make sure you contact the uni's prior to receiving your results so they can tell you how the clearing works for architecture. Good Luck!
It's best to work on a portfolio in your spare time now, and just add as you go along really as it would show commitment. But if you can't then yeah try do it in the summer, however make sure you contact the uni's prior to receiving your results so they can tell you how the clearing works for architecture. Good Luck!

Thank you so much! Is it entirely up to me, do you know, in terms of what to include in a portfolio? And have you started yours?
Original post by blueangel328
Thank you so much! Is it entirely up to me, do you know, in terms of what to include in a portfolio? And have you started yours?

Depending on which uni, they might ask for like 4-20 pieces of work, and it has to include a variety of art and design so like photography, 3D designs, Life drawings, observational drawings, free hand drawings etc. However they have a list of what each uni requires in a portfolio but those are just the most common ones. I haven't started yet but probably will in easter holidays or so. I'm also looking into town planning/urban rejuvenation if I don't meet the required grades etc.
Depending on which uni, they might ask for like 4-20 pieces of work, and it has to include a variety of art and design so like photography, 3D designs, Life drawings, observational drawings, free hand drawings etc. However they have a list of what each uni requires in a portfolio but those are just the most common ones. I haven't started yet but probably will in easter holidays or so. I'm also looking into town planning/urban rejuvenation if I don't meet the required grades etc.

Ahhh I see, I'll read into it more :smile: And that sounds great, I hope everything works out for you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending