The Student Room Group

Do you think I'm behaving like a stalker or just infatuated?

Scroll to see replies

Ok u really like her. Obsessed to a stalkerish point.
Original post by Anonymous
Was it your first time interacting with the girl? She's not even in any of my classes I take subjects that are all like 90% boy I should have taken different a levels to be with her

to be fair we sat opposite each other in English GCSE. My point is you've got a better chance of doing something about it instead of doing nothing. How Sh*t will you feel if you could've dated her but because you never did anything about it you didn't? That's why I went for it and it worked out for the best.
Original post by drandy76
Then what?

Just was strange. She didn't speak to him much after :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just was strange. She didn't speak to him much after :wink:
tl;dr but the following stood out:

Sleeping is the part I my day I like the most because I get to be with her in my dreams.

Not sure if that's really sweet or very creepy.
Was it your first time interacting with the girl? She's not even in any of my classes I take subjects that are all like 90% boy I should have taken different a levels to be with her

1. Have you learned anything?
2. Will you alter your behaviour?
3. Will you see your GP to get help?
4. Will you ask her out?
5. Will you carry on monitoring her?
6. Will you follow her to uni?
RIP paragraphs.
Original post by Mystery.
RIP paragraphs.

They will be missed.
Looks matter the most. Shyness is secondary.
You can't really win. If you play the field your considered a womaniser; a philanderer, if you do the decent thing and just go for one you run the risk of being obsessive/creepy, if you opt out of women at all you run risk the of being tarnished 'gay'.

I would say in your case best thing to do to overcome this is just to pursue every bit of clunge going, hit up all the dating sites, clubs/bars, speed dating you name it just go full scattergun fanny to avoid being branded a stalker. Certainly trying to force the issue with bitches never works out, the whole process has to be quite flowing and natural.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 89
It's natural to experience infatuation. Many TSR users won't have experienced it yet. But I think you yourself have realised that it's taken up too much of you, and has begun crossing the border into 'creepy' territory.

The problem with infatuation is it grows and grows, until gradually it takes over more of your life than you may have initially wanted it to. If you let it, it strangles you, so that you can't see anyone else in the same way anymore. You create false ideas of perfection, of that person being 'the one'. And unfortunately, once it's reached that point, it rarely goes anywhere, but you've put so much time, so much effort into thinking about them, that you don't want to throw it away. It adds to your stress, and puts strain on you mentally.

You've reached a juncture. I think you know that this can't go on forever, that this isn't good for you, that it probably won't end well.

But you can grow from it. You can learn lessons. You can walk away with experience gained. You can have healthy, equal relationships. But you have to put this one behind you.

It's tough, I know. But you'll be the better for it. There's 7 billion people on this planet. There are plenty more people who are just right for you. As you move on, you might be able to identify them again.
(edited 8 years ago)
Tbf, it's in yours (and her best interests) to stop thinking about her. She's a distraction to your studies, a few years down the line, you'll end up in two different ends of the world (98% chance) where she might go to a nice uni and get a nice degree, whereas there will be you (if you haven't stopped thinking) who'll be miserable and feel worthless because of how you wasted so much time and energy on her. I had the same issue (but ages ago) and now, I don't even know if she's alive or not, so all that time of thinking about her was a complete waste, which I'll never get back and could've put in my studies to get better GCSEs and A levels.

It's hard, it was hard for me, but doable, please take this advice, it's in yours and her best interests for the long term.
(edited 8 years ago)
That's nice :smile:

Its actually quite a good song
Reply 92
you're acting like a stalker, stop it. but at least you are questioning this yourself and that is the first step to STOPPING THIS which you need to do immediately. you seem to be obsessed with her.
u need 2 grow some balls and talk 2her. Its a shame how much you love her and she doesn't know about this. Most of the things you have said her, you need to tell her that. Its actually nice how much time you have taken to express your feelings about her.

Spoiler

Original post by heyfellowhuman
Tbf, it's in yours (and her best interests) to stop thinking about her. She's a distraction to your studies, a few years down the line, you'll end up in two different ends of the world (98% chance) where she might go to a nice uni and get a nice degree, whereas there will be you (if you haven't stopped thinking) who'll be miserable and feel worthless because of how you wasted so much time and energy on her. I had the same issue (but ages ago) and now, I don't even know if she's alive or not, so all that time of thinking about her was a complete waste, which I'll never get back and could've put in my studies to get better GCSEs and A levels.

It's hard, it was hard for me, but doable, please take this advice, it's in yours and her best interests for the long term.

I spend every minute everyday thinking about her. But I don't see why I have to stop, she is a really lovely girl so if I want to think about her why not just do it. I go on imaginary dates with her in my head and have imaginary conversation. Honestly sometimes it just feels so good to Remus myself such an amazig person exists because I'm never gonna meet another person I like as much as her again in my whole life so I feel I have to make the most of it while it lasts
I spend every minute everyday thinking about her. But I don't see why I have to stop, she is a really lovely girl so if I want to think about her why not just do it. I go on imaginary dates with her in my head and have imaginary conversation. Honestly sometimes it just feels so good to Remus myself such an amazig person exists because I'm never gonna meet another person I like as much as her again in my whole life so I feel I have to make the most of it while it lasts

You don't even know her, so its a fantasy that's in your head. It takes two in a relationship i.e she has to like you as well. How on earth do you know who you might meet in the future, there are billions of people.

Either go and chat in real life with her or go and get some therapy via your GP.
Original post by 999tigger
You don't even know her, so its a fantasy that's in your head. It takes two in a relationship i.e she has to like you as well. How on earth do you know who you might meet in the future, there are billions of people.

Either go and chat in real life with her or go and get some therapy via your GP.

I know enough to know I really like her
I know enough to know I really like her

Theres a difference between liking and becoming stalky infatuated. Upi yourself have said youve hardly spoken to her, so you simply dont know her. Its mostly projection and fantasy. How are you going to deal with things if she rejects you? Just go and talk/ make friends with her if you like her because being on chew watch must get a bit boring.
Original post by 999tigger
Theres a difference between liking and becoming stalky infatuated. Upi yourself have said youve hardly spoken to her, so you simply dont know her. Its mostly projection and fantasy. How are you going to deal with things if she rejects you? Just go and talk/ make friends with her if you like her because being on chew watch must get a bit boring.

You only say its projection because you haven't met her. If you could meet her you could see what I mean because you'd see how sweet and lovely she is. I wish it was as simple as just talking to her, I did have a great oppurtunity but my tongue was tied and I was too nervous to get the words out. If I had an oppurtunity again I would 100% take advantage of it but it's jus really difficult when you are shy and think so so so highly of te girl
But my crush doesn't use facebook

OK, well you need to figure out a way to talk to her and then have the balls to ask her out. If you don't you'll regret it if you think she's so amazing. However you've got to admit that what you have going IS a fantasy as you've only spoken to her once, so she might not be as amazing as you think.

I would also tone down what you're doing, because if she gets wind of it, I am telling you she will be scared and then you will have approximately zero chance.

I say this as someone who has had an obsessive stalker type after me in the past. He kept telling everyone how I was going to be his girlfriend. He went through every facebook status and picture and liked them. Oh and he kept conveniently being in the library at the same time as me. It was really quite creepy and TOO MUCH. I must have told him about 10 times I had no interest in him as well but he still pushed. So just to note, if she expresses that she has no interest, which you have to be prepared for, you need to back off. Otherwise then you really are a stalker.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending