The Student Room Group

Im Asian and i feel so isolated from the world AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MevMev
ahhh nice dude fix my boiler innit :P
good luck be yourself
yeah get money its always good to have some spare csh in the pocket

Lol f**k your boiler fam. I'm only gonna be on the phone.
Yea fam money ina pocket. Only get my Audi a3 one way.

Original post by MevMev
sick we both gonna be working on the healthcare team :P

Awesome! I plan on doing a masters in ultrasound, what you gonna do?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by MevMev
but don't u go a bit mental just listening to your own thoughts all the time
i mean i really need to learn how to drive but losing g the motivation to do everything
which is a dangerous attitude to have cos day one of University I'm gonna have to get back into the active hectic routine again that i used to have and I'm gonna find it hard since i become so lethargic

I can talk from my own experience. You don't go mental from being solitary. In fact the opposite - you have the opportunity to focus on self improvement without anyone else trying to drag you down or belittle you. That is stress you don't need. My own thoughts motivate me to do greater things because I strive to be strong and to create a good living for myself and my family.

On the other hand, feeling lethargic is a soul killer. When you feel lethargic, you feel hopeless which leads to a depressed state of mind. If you want to kill your lethargy, its my opinion that there are three facets in life in which you're lacking: sleep, diet and fitness. I used to be a lazy, demotivated sofa slob, but since changing my lifestyle, I feel like a thousand gold dinars. I sleep early and sleep a minimum of 8 hours, preferably more. I eat healthy and use healthy oils for cooking, usually extra virgin coconut oil. No more junk. I've also cut out wheat and dairy products from my diet. I substitute normal potatoes for sweet potatoes, and my main source of protein comes from beef and (free-range) eggs. If I feel like eating something, I stay away from the bad stuff and have some fruit and a few tablespoons of peanut butter. Lastly, I exercise every day which comprises mostly of calisthenics. If you do all these things then I'm quite sure that you'll be lethargic no more. And you won't care about the lack of people in your life, because you're too busy and satisfied focusing on your own. Good luck.
Reply 62
Original post by KyleH123
Lol f**k your boiler fam. I'm only gonna be on the phone.
Yea fam money ina pocket. Only get my Audi a3 one way.

Awesome! I plan on doing a masters in ultrasound, what you gonna do?

Medicine
Reply 63
Original post by SirMilkSheikh
I can talk from my own experience. You don't go mental from being solitary. In fact the opposite - you have the opportunity to focus on self improvement without anyone else trying to drag you down or belittle you. That is stress you don't need. My own thoughts motivate me to do greater things because I strive to be strong and to create a good living for myself and my family.

On the other hand, feeling lethargic is a soul killer. When you feel lethargic, you feel hopeless which leads to a depressed state of mind. If you want to kill your lethargy, its my opinion that there are three facets in life in which you're lacking: sleep, diet and fitness. I used to be a lazy, demotivated sofa slob, but since changing my lifestyle, I feel like a thousand gold dinars. I sleep early and sleep a minimum of 8 hours, preferably more. I eat healthy and use healthy oils for cooking, usually extra virgin coconut oil. No more junk. I've also cut out wheat and dairy products from my diet. I substitute normal potatoes for sweet potatoes, and my main source of protein comes from beef and (free-range) eggs. If I feel like eating something, I stay away from the bad stuff and have some fruit and a few tablespoons of peanut butter. Lastly, I exercise every day which comprises mostly of calisthenics. If you do all these things then I'm quite sure that you'll be lethargic no more. And you won't care about the lack of people in your life, because you're too busy and satisfied focusing on your own. Good luck.

Ah dude your so helpful- but seriously some parts of my diet I'm never cutting out idc what it comes to lol
i have to exercise though thats my goals for the next 4 months
Hey which arab country are u from MilkSheikh??:P
Dont let anyone make you feel different, i bet you're wonderful:smile:
Reply 65
Original post by Seraajones
Dont let anyone make you feel different, i bet you're wonderful:smile:

AWWWWW See this is what i need right now i kind of had a rough day y'know and sometimes i need a friend to tell me u know what MevMev u are worth something
Original post by MevMev
Ah dude your so helpful- but seriously some parts of my diet I'm never cutting out idc what it comes to lol
i have to exercise though thats my goals for the next 4 months
Hey which arab country are u from MilkSheikh??:P

I come from a Pakistani family, so I'm South Asian, not Arab.
Reply 67
I come from a Pakistani family, so I'm South Asian, not Arab.

oh god i feel for u there man I'm also South Asian but born in gulf :P
So wait when u said Dinars and called ur self Sheikh in Username... just a big fan of Arab culture or something?
You are worth something silly! Don't let anyone treat you different:smile: university will be soo different everyone will be more accepting dont worry:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
You are all beautiful, cognitive people.
Reply 70
You are worth something silly! Don't let anyone treat you different:smile: university will be soo different everyone will be more accepting dont worry:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ah thanks sera
i really hope i enjoy like uni life honestly i cant wait to move out and experience freedom
Original post by MevMev
oh god i feel for u there man I'm also South Asian but born in gulf :P
So wait when u said Dinars and called ur self Sheikh in Username... just a big fan of Arab culture or something?

Not particularly. Its just a phrase. Instead I could have said I feel a million dollars and it would mean the same thing. My username is just a bit silly. Since Sheikh and Shake are homophones (words that sound the same but are spelt differently), I thought it would be funny to have my name as MilkSheikh instead of MilkShake. I guess my Muslim background somewhat inspired it.
Original post by MevMev
ah thanks sera
i really hope i enjoy like uni life honestly i cant wait to move out and experience freedom

Yeah I feel exactly the same, will be so scary though! I'll have only just turned 18 so it's a completely new thing for me :s-smilie:
Reply 73
Not particularly. Its just a phrase. Instead I could have said I feel a million dollars and it would mean the same thing. My username is just a bit silly. Since Sheikh and Shake are homophones (words that sound the same but are spelt differently), I thought it would be funny to have my name as MilkSheikh instead of MilkShake. I guess my Muslim background somewhat inspired it.

ah god and here i got excited that an Arab Sheikh was chatting to me lol I'm joking
Yeah i muslim too
can i chat tomorrow like PM or something this is long talking on thread its bedtime now:P
Reply 74
Yeah I feel exactly the same, will be so scary though! I'll have only just turned 18 so it's a completely new thing for me :s-smilie:

hey i guess its a daunting experience for every new adult but hey we all gonna grow up and learn and mature as a result :P
Original post by MevMev
ah god and here i got excited that an Arab Sheikh was chatting to me lol I'm joking
Yeah i muslim too
can i chat tomorrow like PM or something this is long talking on thread its bedtime now:P

Yeah sure. Goodnight.
Yeah thats true, will be so exciting!

Posted from TSR Mobile
are you pakistani or chinese asian
Original post by MevMev
i dunno whats wrong i just seem to be lost in my own thoughts all the time and i cut off all my friends from 6th form
waiting for uni

Don't worry putra, you'll make new mates at uni.
are u still in 6th form or are u on a gap year?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending