The Student Room Group

What would you do with a spare £5800

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by chikane
Couldnt resist hehee

never said that ....!!!!
Original post by john2054
I have that on my credit cards. Or at least i will have a month from today. What should i spend it on? I'm thinking investments? Equity maybe??

Paypal it to me?

jk, depending on what you're into maybe a new gaming setup, a car, clothes, new phone and laptop, whatever you're into
Original post by TeeEm
never said that ....!!!!

Lol sorry that was naughty of me :colondollar:
Reply 63
Original post by chikane
Lol sorry that was naughty of me :colondollar:

no worries ...
Think I'm genuinely confused by the OP
Original post by hellodave5
Think I'm genuinely confused by the OP

Less confused, more concerned. :s-smilie:
Reply 66
Original post by DMcGovern
Around £50,000. And it's fairly high, because I'm quite paranoid about money, but in a good way.
I'm not going to tell you my credit score, but it's around 700.
Platinum Amex card my friend :biggrin:

Thanks DMc, well bearing in mind that you earn £50k, and i don't earn a penny, I think we have both done quite well. I like to live within my means. But I also like to spend money. I'm afraid that if i had 250 big ones, i would be 250 big ones down, on the missus (she likes to spend my money) with no way of paying it back. Also i wouldn't get an american express card, because lots of machines don't accept them. All of my credit cards are mastercards, and my debit cards are visas.

Money is a state of mind after all, n'est-pas??
Thanks DMc, well bearing in mind that you earn £50k, and i don't earn a penny, I think we have both done quite well. I like to live within my means. But I also like to spend money. I'm afraid that if i had 250 big ones, i would be 250 big ones down, on the missus (she likes to spend my money) with no way of paying it back. Also i wouldn't get an american express card, because lots of machines don't accept them. All of my credit cards are mastercards, and my debit cards are visas.

Money is a state of mind after all, n'est-pas??

Well the Amex card is not really meant for withdrawals, it's mainly for just paying for stuff in store, which is accepted by pretty much all shops now. :tongue:
Reply 68
Well the Amex card is not really meant for withdrawals, it's mainly for just paying for stuff in store, which is accepted by pretty much all shops now. :tongue:

Also my score today with experian is 967, although this will tank when they realise that i have maxed out my cards. It sometimes takes a month to update the reports you know??
Reply 69
highscore.jpg
Reply 70
Original post by Serine Soul
Put the credit card away....

But personally, I'd just buy clothes and shoes etc.

Have a Primark-free wardrobe for once :emo:

Lmfao
highscore.jpg

I'd be careful if you want to keep it up there! :tongue:
Reply 72
I'd be careful if you want to keep it up there! :tongue:

Like i said DMc, it's going to tank when they realise that i've maxed out my cards. But at least then i will have a goal, to what i can get it back up to, in the future! Plus i am hoping to open a capital one balance plus card in a few months, but I'm not sure that they are going to let me do this. However i have to be careful whatever i do, because everytime you make an application for credit, your score drops by about 40-50 points you know? At least this is what happened to me before!!
Reply 73
But at least then i will have a goal, to what i can get it back up to, in the future!

You make maxing your cards out and playing with credit sound like a game...
A month ago i brought two thousand worth of gold with my spare money. And last week i cashed in two thirds of this to spend £600 on giving my wife a cash advance on her wage.

I would quite like to get another tattoo, but the next big thing i want to splash out on is a nights clubbing with a few close friends, which i intend to buy after i graduate.

Oh yes and i also need to get a haircut, as someone else on here said!
PS I normally spend between two and five hundred on drinks when i go out, depending on who i go out with!

You're the reason credit cards have a bad stigma.
I use mine for everything, and I have never been unable to pay it back at the end of each month. Why? Because I actually manage my money, and not think of it as free money. You are simply borrowing it for a over a month. Then you pay it back.
Reply 75
Original post by Jared44
You're the reason credit cards have a bad stigma.
I use mine for everything, and I have never been unable to pay it back at the end of each month. Why? Because I actually manage my money, and not think of it as free money. You are simply borrowing it for a over a month. Then you pay it back.

why am i giving them a bad name? And why should i have to pay them off in full each month?
this thread makes my brain aCHE so much
Reply 77
Original post by Kaneki
You make maxing your cards out and playing with credit sound like a game...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58HWVv-r6r8
I'd either pay use it to pay for:

(a) Rent and move to London for a few months whilst I did work experience at publishers and various media companies to help bolster up my CV when I come to apply for full-time jobs in a career I (think) I'd enjoy.
or
(b) Towards a second postgraduate degree.

I wouldn't spend it unless I actually had it though, that's just cause I'd get worried about paying it back.
(edited 8 years ago)
why am i giving them a bad name? And why should i have to pay them off in full each month?

Because you owe them money. And unless you want unnecessary interest from not knowing how to manage money, I suggest you pay them back during the allocated time frame.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending