The Student Room Group

Ex Muslim AMA

Scroll to see replies

What ethnicity are you?
You sound pakistani
Original post by bolly_mad
where is your source on this? some of the most vile, repulsive discriminatory things i have ever heard have come from muslims. they're hypocrites. they can dish it out, but they can't take it. they throw around this 'islamophobia' label to deflect any legitimate criticism.

There's 1.6 billion Muslims, that's 23% of the world's population.

.00006625% of the Muslim pop are extremists.
Reply 42
Original post by bolly_mad
where is your source on this? some of the most vile, repulsive discriminatory things i have ever heard have come from muslims. they're hypocrites. they can dish it out, but they can't take it. they throw around this 'islamophobia' label to deflect any legitimate criticism.

Yes that is true, however not all of them are like that. The majority are happy to just live in harmony with the rest of us. And as for their views, they are entitled to them, just as we are entitled to ours. Finally, if they cannot take criticism well, then leave them be. Some people are just not as open to criticism as you are, and there is nothing you can do about it.

By islamophobic climate earlier, I meant that there have been a few incidents within the past few months that have been due to the fact that the victim was a muslim.
Reply 43
Original post by yousaf_choudry
What ethnicity are you?
You sound pakistani

Moroccan
Original post by ExMooseLDN
Moroccan

Aah right. Guess that makes sense.
Does the knowledge you already have on the day of judgement and the fear of jahannum not get you thinking? Do you now believe that when you die you're just 'worm food?'
Reply 46
Original post by AaliyahEasy
Does the knowledge you already have on the day of judgement and the fear of jahannum not get you thinking? Do you now believe that when you die you're just 'worm food?'

I do not believe in the day of judgement or jahanam so they do not scare me. And yes, when we die, we rot, decompose, our atoms go back to nature and become something else.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Okay, when you did believe it, did it scare you? How did that information make you feel?
What other things about Islam or this teachings have you questioned/don't believe in? :smile:
Do you have a view on blasphemy/hate speech laws? :holmes:
Hello,
I'm an 18 year old ex-muslim atheist studying a2's in London, AMA

I'm in a similar position and am also holding out on telling my parents until I'm moved out.

Don't mean to generalize here, but on the off-chance you come from a family where arranged marriages are the norm, what would you do to avoid that?

Edit: nevermind, you're Moroccan :P
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by muzi123
Are u sincere looking for answers if yes watch these videos

No, actually, it's quite clear that he's looking for questions. That's what, 'ask me anything' means.
Original post by muzi123
Are u sincere looking for answers if yes watch these videos

Quran Miracles
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7niqIpN4JA odd even chapter verse miracle watch from 5:32- end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--gSWftKBd0 - golden ratio coded in quran chapter verse watch all

i can mention over 500 Quran miracles which u can test yourself.But for now il mention a few lets see ur responses.

These are just basic ones.
1.DMS Lat of mecca masjid haram is 21:25. DMS is the abbreviation for Degrees Minutes Seconds. Kaba first mentioned in the quran in this verse
2:125 We made the House(Kaba in Mekka) a resort and a sanctuary for people, saying, ‘Take the spot where Abraham stood as your place of prayer.’ We commanded Abraham and Ishmael: ‘Purify My House for those who walk round it, those who stay there, and those who bow and prostrate themselves in worship.’ u see connection 2:125 21:25. Now verse 125 has 22 words and the coordinates of masjid haram is 21:25:22 is tht a coincidence or a master plan behind the text u choose. vid link watch all https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOfQyMK-8JY

Adam jesus miracle of Quran
The 59th verse of the Sura 3 (Family of Imran) points to a similarity between Adam and Jesus. There is no other comparison like that between any other two prophets in the Quran. How many times are these prophets’ names mentioned in the Quran? Exactly 25 times each.The verse that points to this similarity between Jesus and Adam is :[3:59] The example of Jesus, as far as GOD is concerned, is the same as that of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him, "Be," and he was.

3.Verse 59 of Sura Family of Imran (Chapter 3) illustrates the relationship between Adam and Jesus. It is the only verse in which these two names are mentioned together. In this verse, both these two names are used the 7th time from the beginning of the Quran.

4.From the beginning of the Quran to verse 3:59, there are 352 verses. In 3:59, the names 'Adam' and 'Jesus' are used for the 7th time. So, we find: 352 + 7 = 359 which refers to verse 3:59

5.Furthermore, these words’ Adam and Jesus 19th occurrence in the Quran ) is in the Sura Mary which is the 19th Sura of the Quran. Remember these words adam and jesus are never mentioned together they are mentioned far apart from each other and yet they turn out to be the same.

Mary is 19th chapter of the quran

Jesus is mentioned 19 times up to the chapter 19 (Mary) in Verse 19:34, mentioned only once in 19 chapter Mary, in verse 34
Mary mentioned 34 times in the quran

verse 34 has 34 letters aswell

The number of the verses between the occurrence of each of these two names in the Sura Mary is also interesting. The word Jesus is used in verse 34 of the Sura Mary and the word Adam is used in the verse 58. If we start to count from the verse 34 (including verse 34), we find that verse 58 is the 25th verse. And 25 as we have illustrated above is the frequency that each of these two names is used in the Quran.

You must see how silly this looks from the outside... Right?

'George W Bush' has 11 letters; 11 = 9 + 1 + 1. There we go folks, conclusive proof that Bush did 9/11.
Muzi123 mashAllah may Allah reward you and bless me with capability of such strong knowledge mashAllah
Muzi123 mashAllah may Allah reward you and bless me with capability of such strong knowledge mashAllah

You can't be serious. That was drivel even by the low standards of Internet forum apologetics. Counting verses and mentions of particular people to pull non sequiturs... just, ugh. Kill me now. :facepalm:
Yeah engineering :smile:

I haven't told my parent yet, I'm waiting till I'm financially independent for that.

haha lmfao in case they kick you out
who on here is getting reading to cut this guys head off?

Let me ask YOU: does the fear of hell and the devil according to Christianity not get you thinking?

Essentially, there are 1.6 billion people who follow a religion (Islam) which says that if you do not follow their religion, then you're going to go to hell.
But there's a second problem; there are 2.2 billion people who follow a religion (Christianity) which says the same thing.

So now my question to you is this; there are 2.2 billion Christians and 1.6 billion Muslims - who do you believe?
Maybe you should become a Christian?
Original post by Butternuts96
Lol I'm a muslim but those numbers logic thing is quite hilarious. I'm all for calling to Islam but I'm not a fan of this kind of method. It's laughable to a lot a of people. The Qur'aan is not necessarily a book of number logic; look for other things to preach from it.

Oh and in relation to the OP. No lie dude, I think you're a lame attention seeker who doesn't get enough attention at home/school so you thought you'd jump on the ex-muslim bandwagon. I'm not intending to offend. I'm just speaking from the top of my mind here. Also, what errors did you find? The metaphor "peg" was used for mountains and that could be subjectively interpreted for a lot of things; not necessarily to keep the Earth in place even though that does seem like a slight/minor possibility.

You're gonna need to really explain what mistakes you found dude :smile:

"Ex-Muslim bandwagon" is interesting...

So when Islamic Empires were growing and Islam was spreading outside of Arabia (through swords or otherwise), were the people converting to Islam just joining the Muslim bandwagon?

When people are converting to the Fastest Growing Religion™. Are they really just joining "Fastest Growing Religion™" bandwagon.

When Ex-Muslims are told that they shouldn't speak out as it hurts Muslims, or are blamed for Islamophobia... its not really a bandwagon.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p038p48y
https://youtu.be/KzS_WkezKGY

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
Let me ask YOU: does the fear of hell and the devil according to Christianity not get you thinking?

Essentially, there are 1.6 billion people who follow a religion (Islam) which says that if you do not follow their religion, then you're going to go to hell.
But there's a second problem; there are 2.2 billion people who follow a religion (Christianity) which says the same thing.

So now my question to you is this; there are 2.2 billion Christians and 1.6 billion Muslims - who do you believe?
Maybe you should become a Christian?

First of all I'll agree that Islam and Christianity have similar teachings however, no. I would never change my religion to Christianity or any other religion because I am fearful of ALLAH subhana wa ta'ala. & I do not believe Jesus is the son of God. Jesus is the son of Mary. God is alone Allah has no mother or father no one could ever be on his level. I fear what Islam teaches me about the day of judgement and that makes me want to become s better person alhamduilliah. Cool 2.2 billion people believe in Christianity but that doesn't mean Christianity is the true religion. And I do not fear the devil. The devil is my enemy. I do not fear an enemy. I stay prayed up and defeat the devil by only showing fear towards Allah.

Quick Reply

Latest