The Student Room Group

Far right extremists make massive gains in German elections

Edit: Sorry, wrong thread
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
A expect there is a one *******ed guy just waiting to get into power. Britain better start making more weapons.
This is good news. But more still needs to be done.
Good. Hopefully the establishment can get their act together (doubt it, but one can always hope!).
Excellent
Original post by Aceadria
Good. Hopefully the establishment can get their act together (doubt it, but one can always hope!).

So minorities can live in fear? How is this a good thing exactly? Oh I get it,what you really mean to talk about is the Syrian refugee crisis within Germany
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6
The return of the far right thanks to Merkel.

The Greens victory in Baden Wurtemberg is still worrying though. .They voted to a even bigger nutcase than Merkel.
Reply 7
Original post by queen-bee
So minorities can live in fear? How is this a good thing exactly?

Nobody mentioned minorities.
Original post by Josb
Nobody mentioned minorities.

No you're right,because it's not like the far right are going to be nice to the immigrant communities within Germany. The reason people are saying they're happy is because if what's been going on in Germany with the while refugee crisis
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 9
I'm ngl, considering how obsessed Germany is with regards to the environment, I'm surprised the Greens didn't do resoundingly better.

Then again, can't say I focus much upon German politics at all :tongue:
No you're right,because it's not like the far right are going to be nice to the immigrant communities within Germany. The reason people are saying they're happy is because if what's been going on in Germany with the while refugee crisis

German interests should always come first in Germany. And then any minorities a distant second.
I thought we had consigned nazism to the history books where it belongs? This is nothing but a step backwards into darkness again.
So minorities can live in fear? How is this a good thing exactly? Oh I get it,what you really mean to talk about is the Syrian refugee crisis within Germany

Well the thing is the establishment's inability to deal with criminals, mischief-makers and opportunist migrants are harming minorities and real refugees... So I think even the minority communities and genuine refugees are in favour of the justice system to serve... justice.
Theoretically, that is. I understand things may be different in practice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Good news but a little too late

we have to await a year I believe before she can be kicked out of power and the damage she has done can be addressed.

This is a very confusing post.
Original post by Aceadria
This is a very confusing post.

Should be pretty clear. You don't want Syrian refugees in germany
Original post by BaconandSauce
Good news but a little too late

we have to await a year I believe before she can be kicked out of power and the damage she has done can be addressed.

And replaced by hate groups?
They've been polling around 15% for a while so this isn't surprising. It doesn't mean much either. No one wants them in power, neither CDU/CSU or SPD. Most likely it will end up being a grand coalition again.

Whether that's with Merkel at the helm or not is a different story though.
They're not a far-right party, their most extreme policy is outlawing circumcision and ritual slaughter.
Should be pretty clear. You don't want Syrian refugees in germany

It's not about wanting them or not. It's about a lack of controls and numbers. There's a large difference.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending