The Student Room Group

Wearing tights at work

In the restaurant where I work, most of us wear tights. However, on Saturday I got a really bad ladder in them, and the manager made me take them off. Does anyone else think it was fair that I should have carried on working with no tights? In future I will be keeping a spare pair with me!
Reply 1
Original post by Pseudo99
In the restaurant where I work, most of us wear tights. However, on Saturday I got a really bad ladder in them, and the manager made me take them off. Does anyone else think it was fair that I should have carried on working with no tights? In future I will be keeping a spare pair with me!

Should have told you to go home to get it replaced i know most places if you don't wear the correct uniform they either give you a telling off and tell you not to do it again or they might say go home wear the right stuff but you will get unpaid leave.
Do think its unfair though.
I think looking at it from a professional level it looks better to be in bare legs rather than tights with a massive ladder...I'd carry a spare pair in future...
Original post by Pseudo99
I think they were too short of staff to let me go home. Its just when we wear short skirts its a bit much to expect us not to wear tights!

But you were wearing tights until they became laddered. They're not expecting you not to wear them. It just happens that at the end of the day it would look better from a customers pov without tights instead of tights with ladders.

Just carry spare pairs with you in future.
Reply 4
Just wear a thicker denier.. less likely to ladder
If you're wearing them on their own, I would say no. Please don't use them like leggings and, even if you use leggings, make sure your top goes all the way down past your bum until it hits mid thigh.
I work in a restaurant too and have to wear quite a short shirt and tights. I always take a spare pair of tights with me.We can't wear a thicker type, has to be 20 denier or less. They want our legs to be visible through the material.
Reply 7
Original post by lamaragymnast
I work in a restaurant too and have to wear quite a short shirt and tights. I always take a spare pair of tights with me.We can't wear a thicker type, has to be 20 denier or less. They want our legs to be visible through the material.

Are your bosses male?
Original post by LancsLad
Are your bosses male?

The place is owned by a guy but I've only met him once as he's hardly ever there. I guess it's all part of the image they want the place to have.
I've never been told what denier tights to wear, hmm? Opaque tights even when they're clicked a bit still look fine, I can get a week or more out of them, where as 15 -20 denier, you're lucky if you get one wear out of them before they look tatty. Plus opaques hide a multitude of sins. I feel more confident with opaque tights, and if I'm wearing short skirts, I prefer ballet flats.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending