The Student Room Group

Getting to Cambridge: STEP by STEP!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zacken
I love Physics, I just hate the bastardisation called A-Level Physics. :tongue:

Yeah, relative motion is quite nice. It was in my GCSE, it just takes some practise. Elastic collisions is quite nice, I accidentally learnt some of it, along with variable mass. Ooh, SHM from M3 was my strong point, you just needed a strong conceptualisation of the extensions stuff and equilibriums, once it clicks it's awesome. Good luck!

It's like I don't even know you anymore :cry2:
Reply 1281
I need to try and get some Physics done tonight.

In other news, I did the 2008 adapted FP2 paper, not as a mock or anything but just as practice and it went fairly well. I need to keep my FP and S3 skills sharp. I also need to do III, 2005 either tomorrow or on Wednesday.
Original post by Zacken
I need to try and get some Physics done tonight.

In other news, I did the 2008 adapted FP2 paper, not as a mock or anything but just as practice and it went fairly well. I need to keep my FP and S3 skills sharp. I also need to do III, 2005 either tomorrow or on Wednesday.

Damn nice job!

On the topic of Physics, got my physics mock back - full UMS :'D
Reply 1283
Original post by Student403
Damn nice job!

On the topic of Physics, got my physics mock back - full UMS :'D

Dayuuuum! What unit? :biggrin:
Original post by Zacken
Dayuuuum! What unit? :biggrin:

We do 6 - it's a hell of a lot easier than 3!

I've been meaning to ask - how did you revise all the practicals for U3? Cause I assume you didn't carry them all out yourself :0 it must have been super tough!

I've been meaning to ask - how did you revise all the practicals for U3? Cause I assume you didn't carry them all out yourself :0 it must have been super tough!

Congratulations :h:

I assume he did written version
Reply 1286

Well done!

I did this kind of paper: https://605600fdb9b4c87e3bb519cd6ec9be8606158a38.googledrive.com/host/0B1ZiqBksUHNYanJkSXhOTWdKR2c/January%202014%20(IAL)%20QP%20-%20Unit%203%20Edexcel%20Physics.pdf - so no actual practicals but there was a hell of a lot of experiments (like 27 of them or so, lol) that you had to know vaguely about. :afraid:
Original post by Kvothe the arcane
Congratulations :h:

I assume he did written version

Thanks! :h:

Original post by Zacken
Well done!

I did this kind of paper: https://605600fdb9b4c87e3bb519cd6ec9be8606158a38.googledrive.com/host/0B1ZiqBksUHNYanJkSXhOTWdKR2c/January%202014%20(IAL)%20QP%20-%20Unit%203%20Edexcel%20Physics.pdf - so no actual practicals but there was a hell of a lot of experiments (like 27 of them or so, lol) that you had to know vaguely about. :afraid:

Nah I know - I did the same alternative to practical paper. But the thing is, I found having carried out the practicals in class during the year meant that I knew them a lot better. Quite often I imagined how hard it would be if I hadn't done them myself.. You really pick up the niches of the practicals when you have to do them yourself! So i thought it must be super hard for you :eek:
Reply 1288

Nah I know - I did the same alternative to practical paper. But the thing is, I found having carried out the practicals in class during the year meant that I knew them a lot better. Quite often I imagined how hard it would be if I hadn't done them myself.. You really pick up the niches of the practicals when you have to do them yourself! So i thought it must be super hard for you :eek:

Not going to lie, I completely forgot about this unit till a few days before the actual exam, found some PDF about each one of the twenty seven experiments and stayed up till 5 a.m in the morning before my exam memorising as much of the crap as I could. :lol: The only experiment I'd done was the value of gravity one using the graph of s v/s t^2 and I know that experiment so well having done it myself, so I understand what you mean by "knowing them a lot better" but alas the U3 papers were bit of a hell, not sure how I managed to scrape the UMS I did tbh lots of blagging through stuff I didn't really know :rofl:
(edited 8 years ago)
So i thought it must be super hard for you :eek:

Nothing is hard for Zacken.
Reply 1290
Nothing is hard for Zacken.

:perv:
Original post by Zacken
blagging through stuff I didn't really know :rofl:

This tends to work for me for biology. I know a fact and I blag a lot of filler.
Reply 1292
This tends to work for me for biology. I know a fact and I blag a lot of filler.

Yep, pretty much. I'm hoping it'll work for the next three Physics units.
Original post by Zacken
:perv:

I'm hard for Zacken

Spoiler

Original post by Zacken
Not going to lie, I completely forgot about this unit till a few days before the actual exam, found some PDF about each one of the twenty seven experiments and stayed up till 5 a.m in the morning before my exam memorising as much of the crap as I could. :lol: The only experiment I'd done was the value of gravity one using the graph of s v/s t^2 and I know that experiment so well having done it myself, so I understand what you mean by "knowing them a lot better" but alas the U3 papers were bit of a hell, not sure how I managed to scrape the UMS I did tbh lots of blagging through stuff I didn't really know :rofl:

Sounds a bit like me :colondollar: but hey hard work paid off!
Original post by Zacken
Yep, pretty much. I'm hoping it'll work for the next three Physics units.

I started working again last week on Chemistry. This week is biology. Should really update my blog. Jelly of the activity on urs.

Have you started Physics?
I'm hard for Zacken

Spoiler

Nah, you're a hard worker :h:.
Reply 1296
I'm hard for Zacken

Spoiler

Somebody isn't going to be happy about that. :wink:

I just read through the Unit 5 spec for Physics, it looks like hell. :afraid:
Nah, you're a hard worker :h:.

Then that makes three of us :five:
Reply 1298
I started working again last week on Chemistry. This week is biology. Should really update my blog. Jelly of the activity on urs.

Mine's been offline for 2/3 days now, definitely dying out :tongue:

Have you started Physics?

Kind of, I guess? Nothing substantial yet. Looks like A2 is going to require far more work than AS and I can't find any resources to learn it either, so definitely need to look harder.
Original post by Zacken
Somebody isn't going to be happy about that. :wink:

I just read through the Unit 5 spec for Physics, it looks like hell. :afraid:

:teehee: who might that be? :rolleyes:

Tbh U5 is a lot of fun. Discussions about nukes and North Korea in terms of fundamental particles... Space travel and time warping.. THAT'S what I call physics :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest