The Student Room Group

What to do when your guinea pig passes away

Hi
my guinea pig scrappy(the guinea pig in the plant pot on the gallery) passed away this morning, I already miss him so, he gave up eating and moving he just sat there when we held him, the last words were said to my mum "go find your brother" as his brother passed about 2 years before i miss then dearly.
If anyone can recommend a coping mechanism or just be a shoulder to cry on I would appreciate that:frown::frown:Scrappy.jpg
Reply 1
Dress in black and wail out loud whilst beating chest ferociously

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SMEGGGY
Dress in black and wail out loud whilst beating chest ferociously

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was looking for a more serious answer
Original post by studyspuddie
Hi
my guinea pig scrappy(the guinea pig in the plant pot on the gallery) passed away this morning, I already miss him so, he gave up eating and moving he just sat there when we held him, the last words were said to my mum "go find your brother" as his brother passed about 2 years before i miss then dearly.
If anyone can recommend a coping mechanism or just be a shoulder to cry on I would appreciate that:frown::frown:Scrappy.jpg

It's always hard to lose anything you love, just let the tears out and give him a nice burial and you will feel better in a few days :smile:
Original post by Queen Cersei
It's always hard to lose anything you love, just let the tears out and give him a nice burial and you will feel better in a few days :smile:

We are getting him cremated so his ashes are next to his brother ashes and my guinea pig Lloyd who i had before them who lived to be 7 years old

Thank you for tagging me Hydeman :hugs:

Original post by studyspuddie
Himy guinea pig scrappy(the guinea pig in the plant pot on the gallery) passed away this morning, I already miss him so, he gave up eating and moving he just sat there when we held him, the last words were said to my mum "go find your brother" as his brother passed about 2 years before i miss then dearly.

Hey there :hugs:Firstly i am really really sorry to hear about your piggy, he is a gorgeous looking little chap and it is clear he meant a lot to you :hugs: Secondly ignore the people who say 'it is just a guinea pig' honestly these are people who have never had them and don't understand the close bond they form with their humans :smile: As someone who has unfortunately experienced this twice like yourself i can honestly say that it is a devastating thing. Ik this is about dear little Scrappy however just for some background, the first time this happened was when one of my pigs was very ill and despite best efforts she died around Christmas 2014 but i never saw her body bc it was at the vets and we had her cremated. then her sister lasted out until January but died of heart failure after pining for her sister. This is where i can relate to you buddy as she died at home with her little face on her bowl. This was probably better in all honesty because i got to cuddle her little body although in truth i wouldnt have wanted to see the other one as she would have been all cut and stitched. Ik it is really hard and i'm not ashamed to admit (though i probably should be) that i cried more over my piggies deaths than i did over human ones :redface: However although rn it is horrible and you keep expecting to see them everywhere and miss their little quirks and popcorns, in time you will look back with fond memories not sadness, especially if you have lots of cute photos of them :smile: Idk if little Scrappy was ill but for me with the first pig it was easier bc she was suffering so was in a better place and her sister was reunited with her like little Scrappy was with his brother :smile: Although the issue of getting more pigs is entirely personal, for me it really helped. I couldnt cope without pigs so we got 3 rescues. It also really helped that they were rescues as my old two piggies live on, you see i couldnt have got 3 more if i had those two so their legacy is that their sad passing facilitated the adoption of 3 other gorgeous girls (and a guy) that were in dire need of a home.Hope this brings you some brief comfort and if you need me to i can be your furry shoulder to cry on :lovehug: xxx
Reply 7
when my kitten died we buried him in a box with a towel covering him and a few toys in with him :smile:
my rats died before also :frown:

when my moronic sisters fish died she threw it in the nettles thinking it would be better then flushing the fish :/
bbq

Quick Reply

Latest