The Student Room Group

I'm going to be a dad !

I am 28.
I have been with my girlfriend for 8 months, she has 2 kids aged 2 and 3 from a previous relationship.
We found out about 2 weeks ago that we are going to be parents.

I am on ESA but I would like a better income to raise our child, so I will try and find a well paid job. trouble is I have never had a job ( told my girlfriend I worked as a builder for several years but I had to make that up)

I will probably try and get a job as a private taxi driver for my first job. ( have my own car so shouldn't be too difficult to get a job on the taxis)

But I'm so happy, I didn't think I would ever be a dad but obviously now it is coming true. My current girlfriend is also my first ever girlfriend and I was a virgin up until I met her ( she doesn't know that , lol)

oh, what are some nice modern names for boys/girls these days ?!

cheers
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by I love life
I am 28.
I have been with my girlfriend for 8 months, she has 2 kids aged 2 and 3 from a previous relationship.

I am on ESA but I would like a better income to raise our child, so I will try and find a well paid job. trouble is I have never had a job ( told my girlfriend I worked as a builder for several years but I had to make that up)

I will probably try and get a job as a private taxi driver for my first job. ( have my own car so shouldn't be too difficult to get a job on the taxis)

But I'm so happy, I didn't think I would ever be a dad but obviously now it is coming true. My current girlfriend is also my first ever girlfriend and I was a virgin up until I met her ( she doesn't know that , lol)

cheers

Congratulations!!! :hoppy:
This post of yours is pure keyboard struck digital sunshine! Good luck :3
I have no idea about names but how about you guys just go with names that you both like!!
I am 28.

cheers

seems like you've keep a lot from her, that's not healthy for a relationship.
how did you get a car/insurance without ever getting a job?

some of the names I like are Charlie, Sasha, Frankie.
I am 28.

cheers

Your last thread was called "My eyes hurt after staring into a barcode scanner's beam, is this serious ? "

Nice try.
I am 28.

cheers

good names are tyrone if the it's a boy and shaniqua if it's a girl
Reply 5
Original post by The Joker ~
Congratulations!!! :hoppy:
This post of yours is pure keyboard struck digital sunshine! Good luck :3
I have no idea about names but how about you guys just go with names that you both like!!

thank you !

oh, what did you mean by ' 'pure keyboard struck digital sunshine'' ? thanks
Reply 6

That was 3 weeks ago, hardly my last thread
Reply 7
Original post by thefatone

racist
Original post by dmy15
racist

you made it racist
Reply 9
I am 28.

cheers

For girls I like, Vivienne, Sia, Aviyah, Maeva (pronounced 'May-vah'), Kaidence (Kay-dence), Vienna, Sienna, etc

For boys idk i dont really like boy names lol
Reply 10
you made it racist

Not really, everyone knows those names are typically associated with 'ghetto' blacks?

Sharkquisha is pretty good too
boys= Kai ....Ash
congratulations OP. i am sure you will make a great Dad.

play it safe and choose names from the Royal Family... they never go out of fashion:

William

Harry

Edward

Andrew

Elizabeth

Anne

Beatrice

etc
Considering one of your threads was "24 and a virgin, never had job, live with mum, not at college, never had a gf or kiss"....only a week ago...yeh I think you are trolling this, but why would someone troll about getting someone pregnant...
Why are you keeping so much from her?
Reply 16
Original post by KyleH123
Sharkquisha is pretty good too

Ooooooh sharkquisha
Reply 17
congratulations OP, some of these responses are funny, i would suggest naming you child after the mods on here :lol:

@moonkatt and @ParadoxSocks are good :five:
thank you !

oh, what did you mean by ' 'pure keyboard struck digital sunshine'' ? thanks

Happiness or sunshine through a keyboard ... the medium through which you sent that message,
you've never had a job in your life yet you think you ought to be having a child...? errrrrr

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending