The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Child nursing

Hi, I was wondering if there is anyone on here who is on the child nursing course at Bournemouth or starting in sept... Im trying to work out where to apply for accommodation if I chose to go Bournemouth. I live over 2 hours away and so will be moving to Bournemouth but was wondering if it is best to stay near the uni or placement areas?
Thanks x
Reply 1
Hi,

This is a bit off topic, but I was wondering when you had your interview and got accepted? If they accept me onto their course I'll be in the same position as you. Will you be doing halls or a house share?

Hopefully someone can shed some light on your questions :smile:
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Hello Hanz_92 and gabbyxoxo

I'm Chris and I am a second year ambassador for BU. Gabbyxoxo, my advice would be to not worry about it - I'm sure you will be contacted shortly - if you are really concerned please contact askBU and they can help you!

While I don't study nursing I have been an ambassador for nearly two years and this is a big concern for the nursing students. Most nursing students tend to choose accommodation near to their placement as it is more convenient and some students in the past have struggled living in undergraduate uni accommodation while working shifts as they can be noisy. Do either of you know where you are based yet? I know some of the student based in Poole have chosen to live in Corfe House which is an undergraduate halls, but because it is based in Poole it's not known for being too noisy and would be highly recommendable!

I'm sorry if this wasn't much help but do not hesitate to contact askBU they will be happy to answer all of your questions!
Email - [email protected]
Phone - +44 (0)1202 961671

Thanks and Good Luck!
Chris :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by Hanz_92
Hi, I was wondering if there is anyone on here who is on the child nursing course at Bournemouth or starting in sept... Im trying to work out where to apply for accommodation if I chose to go Bournemouth. I live over 2 hours away and so will be moving to Bournemouth but was wondering if it is best to stay near the uni or placement areas?
Thanks x

Hi.

I have a confirmed place for Children's Nursing starting in September but I am a mature student so already live locally.

The website says that it is best to live near the placement locality. I presume that is so we don't have to travel to far after a night shift or 13 hour day! Sadly that isn't an option for me as I can't move. In any case, we don't know our placement locality yet. I have seen both March and June quoted for when we find out so it still might not be for a while.

Is your offer conditional or unconditional? Nice to hear that someone else has a place. Was starting to feel like the only one.
Reply 4
Thats great, thanks.
I dont yet know where I will be on placement so I may contact BU soon to find out when we may know.
:smile:

Original post by CBowditch
Hello Hanz_92 and gabbyxoxo

I'm Chris and I am a second year ambassador for BU. Gabbyxoxo, my advice would be to not worry about it - I'm sure you will be contacted shortly - if you are really concerned please contact askBU and they can help you!

While I don't study nursing I have been an ambassador for nearly two years and this is a big concern for the nursing students. Most nursing students tend to choose accommodation near to their placement as it is more convenient and some students in the past have struggled living in undergraduate uni accommodation while working shifts as they can be noisy. Do either of you know where you are based yet? I know some of the student based in Poole have chosen to live in Corfe House which is an undergraduate halls, but because it is based in Poole it's not known for being too noisy and would be highly recommendable!

I'm sorry if this wasn't much help but do not hesitate to contact askBU they will be happy to answer all of your questions!
Email - [email protected]
Phone - +44 (0)1202 961671

Thanks and Good Luck!
Chris :biggrin:
Reply 5
congrats on your place :smile:
I have an conditional offer, so hopefully will all go to plan.
I might contact BU and find out when we may hear about placement location as I will need to apply for accommodation.
Nice to hear from someone else on the course.

Original post by Kat129
Hi.

I have a confirmed place for Children's Nursing starting in September but I am a mature student so already live locally.

The website says that it is best to live near the placement locality. I presume that is so we don't have to travel to far after a night shift or 13 hour day! Sadly that isn't an option for me as I can't move. In any case, we don't know our placement locality yet. I have seen both March and June quoted for when we find out so it still might not be for a while.

Is your offer conditional or unconditional? Nice to hear that someone else has a place. Was starting to feel like the only one.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending