The Student Room Group

Height and skin colour

Why are height and skin colour factors which affect relationships. These are things we can't change and have no control over and have no link to our personality and the type of person we are. But they seem to be the first factors which make or break a relationship. Are people really that shallow, obvs there are individuals who this doesn't matter as much too, but the majority of the population in this world would pick a certain height or skin colour over others

Scroll to see replies

Because if I'm not attracted to you I can't guarantee faithfulness and yes, I'm shallow but for good reason. I'm white and only attracted to white women. I don't really care about height of women, i'm 6ft so 5"4 atleast would be nice.

before anyone calls me a racist, maybe, but it's perfectly fine to discriminate people by race if you aren't attracted to them. You have NO say in who I date.

also, can we please have an end to these race threads? these topics have been discussed to death before
(edited 8 years ago)
People are just judge mental idiots, I cant stand it.
I am black and I would only go for a black/mixed or white guy. I would never see myself with a Arab/middle eastern or Asian guy.
people like whatever appeals to their eye, simple as that.
Original post by loveleest
I am black and I would only go for a black/mixed or white guy. I would never see myself with a Arab/middle eastern or Asian guy.

And they wouldn't see themselves with you either.
Original post by mrsjenner

Okay? That is nice...
The reason why I wouldn't go for them is nothing looks related at all. In fact, I am very physically attracted to arab men but their parents are very intolarent and would not accept a black female in the family. Same goes for Asian and Middle Eastern men...

aw come on - it's okay to have preferences but why are you essentially saying "I will never like x race" when it's obvious that somebody of any race might be the perfect person for you? I'm white and I'll go out with any race of person and I honestly thought that was normal - I do have racial preferences though, e.g. white, east asian, etc
Okay? That is nice...
The reason why I wouldn't go for them is nothing looks related at all. In fact, I am very physically attracted to arab men but their parents are very intolarent and would not accept a black female in the family. Same goes for Asian and Middle Eastern men...

Right. Which...is what I said...why'd you quote to clear it up then?
Original post by sleepysnooze
aw come on - it's okay to have preferences but why are you essentially saying "I will never like x race" when it's obvious that somebody of any race might be the perfect person for you? I'm white and I'll go out with any race of person and I honestly thought that was normal - I do have racial preferences though, e.g. white, east asian, etc

Read post above...
Read post above...

*reads*
so you've confused skin colour with culture...
Right. Which...is what I said...why'd you quote to clear it up then?

What are you actually talking about?
*reads*
so you've confused skin colour with culture...

?? No I have not.

Regardless I wouldn't ever date them because they aren't very accepting. Stop trying to complicate things.
(edited 8 years ago)
Read post above...

Not all ME/Asian parents are that intolerant (read: racist), though.
Original post by Shillary
Not all ME/Asian parents are that intolerant (read: racist), though.

MOST of them wouldn't accept a black person in their family; in specific south Asians...I know this because majority of my friends have been South Asian.

The fact that you said "that" just proves my point.
MOST of them wouldn't accept a black person in their family; in specific south Asians...I know this because majority of my friends have been South Asian.

The fact that you said "that" just proves my point.

I agree that most are. But not all. Therefore, a blanket rule which allows for no exceptions is illogical.
?? No I have not.

Regardless I wouldn't ever date them because they aren't very accepting. Stop trying to complicate things.

so you're generalising an entire race (as opposed to an entire culture, which I would understand) as being not accepting, whether they were brought up in a liberal household or not
Original post by Shillary
I agree that most are. But not all. Therefore, a blanket rule which allows for no exceptions is illogical.

Hence why I said MOST. I never said all. (90+) won't accept it; I am not going to go out of my way to look for an Asian guy that parents will accept me.

I am physically attracted to them but in terms of their family accepting me is rare. If I would one that did, and I liked him, then yes of course; but like I said it is rare.

You're clearly a troll :rolleyes:
so you're generalising an entire race (as opposed to an entire culture, which I would understand) as being not accepting, whether they were brought up in a liberal household or not

Most are not accepting; my Asian friends- In particular my South Asian friend told me this themselves so get a ****ing grip and stop trying to be problematic.

What I am saying it true.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending