The Student Room Group

Ex Muslim AMA

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by ExMooseLDN
Yeah engineering :smile:

I haven't told my parent yet, I'm waiting till I'm financially independent for that.

I'm on the same boat as you but won't tell my parents. Sucks that they think their child will be burning in hell for enternity. Up to you though.
Reply 81
Original post by Anonyi
Well it's all about perceptive. You could say 'Mountains do hold the tectonic plates together and also do function as buffer against earthquakes'

Yeah but they don't and mohammed knew nothing of tectonic plates.
Reply 82
yeah, Rupert Murdoch and associates. its media demonisation for the purpose of division and confusion.how often do you hear about any kind of terrorist that isn't Muslim in the media? its ridiculously biased.
Reply 83
Original post by bolly_mad
muslims have also done their fair share of invasions and destruction. funny how they refuse to take any responsibility for that.

yeah but we started it. well... the Vatican started it when they initiated the first of a string of more than 20 crusades in order to unite Europe under papal control
Reply 84
muslims have also done their fair share of invasions and destruction. funny how they refuse to take any responsibility for that.

yeah but we started it. well... the Vatican started it when they initiated the first of a string of more than 20 crusades in order to unite Europe under papal control

where is your source on this? some of the most vile, repulsive discriminatory things i have ever heard have come from muslims. they're hypocrites. they can dish it out, but they can't take it. they throw around this 'islamophobia' label to deflect any legitimate criticism.

funny, some of the most vile and discrimatory things ive ever heard have come from right-wing atheists. a rare but virulent breed
Reply 85
Original post by mkap
ikr mans made a new account just for this thread.

i don't get what's wrong with this thread. Oh, sorry. He doesn't believe in the same religion as you so he must be a complete and utter idiot.....

P.s aren't you supposed to wear a headscarf? Maybe you should try and avoid the hellfire (dw it doesn't really exist)
Reply 86
Original post by Mjcal1
i don't get what's wrong with this thread. Oh, sorry. He doesn't believe in the same religion as you so he must be a complete and utter idiot.....

P.s aren't you supposed to wear a headscarf? Maybe you should try and avoid the hellfire (dw it doesn't really exist)

WOAH calm down on the insults, even you must realise that exmuslim threads will get more attention than any other exreligion threads. maybe im right or maybe im wrong but even you dont know OP's true intentions.
Reply 87
Original post by mkap
WOAH calm down on the insults, even you must realise that exmuslim threads will get more attention than any other exreligion threads. maybe im right or maybe im wrong but even you dont know OP's true intentions.

Don't be so cynical. You could say that about anything in the entire world. What makes you think he has an ulterior motive?

Wait....he must be profiting from it somehow! (OP, gif me a peace of tha kake)
Original post by Mr Oompa Loompa
I am also an Ex-Muslim.

Have you told any friends or family members?

How did they react?

wow, may I ask why you left?
Reply 89
Original post by N-R-G
Yeah but they don't and mohammed knew nothing of tectonic plates.

I know but it's quite amazing and fascinating the basic knowledge people had 100s of years ago
Original post by MJlover
wow, may I ask why you left?

I do regret leaving. As I do the love being in the Muslim community, but I do have my reasons.

Sorry.
@ExMooseLDN

To be honest, if you were to go through such an enormous change in your life, I think what you did was too rash. I don't think you looked into the conflicts you have with the Qur'an deep enough and I think it was wrong to base your decision on just a few things you don't seem to find right. Overall, I think the wanting to step outside the 'limitations' that Islam provides is what played the most major part in this decision (e.g. drinking alcohol, pork, gambling, sex).
Original post by ExMooseLDN
Hello,
I'm an 18 year old ex-muslim atheist studying a2's in London, AMA

hey
you male or female :smile:
what made you leave and how did you tell your parents/family what were there reactions
also a bit off topic what a levels you studying ?

smile 43 :smile:
Reply 93
Original post by muzi123
lol im on fire nowwww

i will post more miracles one after another

I appreciate the effort to try and put me back on the 'straight path' but it's gonna take more than just number logic. I used to believe in these things but now I realise it is a combination of coincidence, and whilst I admit I haven't verified what you have posted, I have in the past come across some ones which are straight up lies.

The Bible has one relating to shakespeare, by your logic, the bible is miraculous too as it mentions shakespeare over 1000 years before his birth.

But by all means, keep posting these 'miracles' if you want to.
Reply 94
I have a load of questions!

Have you publicly announced that you're not Muslim? How did your parents, wider family-friend circle and community react? Did you get a tough time?

Also what are your views on the State of Israel now that you're outside Islam?
Reply 95
Original post by Mr Oompa Loompa
I do regret leaving. As I do the love being in the Muslim community, but I do have my reasons.

Sorry.

Ive never understood the "community" south Asian people speak of (that's the only people I've personally heard talk about it). Who are they? Just regular mosque goers? Family and friends? Neighbors? Muslim strangers?

Just curious, not meant to offend in any way.
Reply 96
Original post by champ_mc99
@ExMooseLDN

To be honest, if you were to go through such an enormous change in your life, I think what you did was too rash. I don't think you looked into the conflicts you have with the Qur'an deep enough and I think it was wrong to base your decision on just a few things you don't seem to find right. Overall, I think the wanting to step outside the 'limitations' that Islam provides is what played the most major part in this decision (e.g. drinking alcohol, pork, gambling, sex).

Okay, I get this alot, and I feel that this mainly comes from muslims misunderstanding us ex muslims or just outright denial that what we say may have the slightest bit of truth. Like many people I know have this closed minded mentality whereby you do not even consider that we read the Quran, and it lead us to not believing anymore. Btw, did you know that the guy who used to run VerseByVerseQuran.com left Islam. http://abdullahsameer.com/blog/about/
So at the end of the day, think what you want.
Original post by champ_mc99
@ExMooseLDN

I somehow doubt that this would have been your position if the OP had converted to Islam in the same circumstances. :rolleyes:
Reply 98
Original post by smile43
hey
you male or female :smile:
what made you leave and how did you tell your parents/family what were there reactions
also a bit off topic what a levels you studying ?

smile 43 :smile:

Male, I left mainly because I found scientific errors in the Quran, and slowly I looked more into the Quran and just disagreed with it, so I lot faith in God.

I haven't told parents yet but I hope to one day.

Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Arabic as a fourth A2
Reply 99
Did you leave because of:
[video="youtube;Y-Tw7WhH_aQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-Tw7WhH_aQ[/video]

Quick Reply

Latest