The Student Room Group

help alevel maths

Hello everybody. I was looking at Alevel Maths at LSC (leyton sixth form) and it said you have take a test on enrolment. Has anyone actually taken this test previously, and if so how difficult was at and what kind of topics will appear

(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by SavagePenguin

Hello everybody. I was looking at Alevel Maths at LSC and it said you have take a test on enrolment. Has anyone actually taken this test previously, and if so how difficult was at and what kind of topics will appear

is this some entry test?
(sorry I do not know what LSC is)
Leyton sixth form
Leyton sixth form

Lol

Hello everybody. I was looking at Alevel Maths at LSC (leyton sixth form) and it said you have take a test on enrolment. Has anyone actually taken this test previously, and if so how difficult was at and what kind of topics will appear

My sixth form did an entry test. It had a lot of simple stuff like sequences, algebra, powers, simultaneous equations. I'm also going to guess that it may have Pythagoras/cos/sin/tan.

I'd say algebra and powers (indices and surds) are for sure, but it may also depend on the exam board they use.
They use edexcel
They use edexcel

Have alook and see if there are any past papers from them. If not, perhaps see if you can find someone who took that exam and ask what it asked? If all of that doesnt work just have a bit of a revise on A - A* topics at GCSE / O level grade.
Ok thanks

Quick Reply

Latest