The Student Room Group

Most Teens aren't heterosexual and don't believe in gender study shows.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by SMEGGGY
Sexuality is fluid. Glad it's not a taboo now. Brojobs are quite common they say. **** labels

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm too scared to ask what a brojob is
Reply 81
Original post by PQ
Exactly. Biologists talk about chromosome sex, gamete sex, gonad sex or another specific definition. If they use the term sex in published works they specify clearly which definition they're using (because they know chromosomal sex does not always equal gamete sex does not always equal gonad sex etcetc).

There's no one definition for "sex" and most of the specific ones can't be strictly defined as a binary.

Sex is complex. It's often presented as simple and a fair few scientists have a tendency to allow their own preconceptions to bias their work. It's only very recently that the incidence of chimerism has been properly investigated - scientists assumed it was rare enough to ignore until DNA testing for other reasons started throwing up more people than expected.

If you are looking for sources "sexing the body" is pretty much the best introduction.

I think a counterargument by me is in need, but for now I cannot access any scientific journals. I believe the beginnings of life, or the fertilisation of the egg, should be a good place for me to start my research. For now! Let's agree to disagree.
Reply 82
Original post by Vikingninja
How many people did this actually involve in it and was it actually in a lot of places?

they asked 500 people, I don't know in what places they asked but i guess it was a online survey.
Original post by Mr.bob

Very flawed study. Performed by a marketing/advertisement company directly for the purpose of spreading this idea, rather than a partisan group using reliable and unbiased methods of sampling.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._Walter_Thompson

Seems very unbiased and reputable.

There's nothing else really to say.
Reply 85
Original post by Mr.bob

oral sex between 2 allegedly heterosexual male friends. But I doubt it's common
Original post by Mr.bob

Original post by annaew
oral sex between 2 allegedly heterosexual male friends. But I doubt it's common

It's a 4chan meme for the most part (nsfw)
Original post by annaew
they asked 500 people, I don't know in what places they asked but i guess it was a online survey.

Well that's not exactly representative especially with what they're trying to say.
Reply 88
Original post by Vikingninja
Well that's not exactly representative especially with what they're trying to say.

Yeah I know but, last year there was a YouGov survey who implied the same, so i was curious if there is really a social shift.
Reply 89
Original post by Farm_Ecology
Im curious how many are men vs women.

Yes, it completely flaws the results.

Original post by richpanda
The study was done in the US- the only country that is more PC/special snowflake than us.

Sweden, Germany and Canada might disagree.
Reply 90
I smell the excrement of a bull...
Reply 91
What the hell are demisexual, genderqueer and graysexual?

:lolwut: :lolwut: :lolwut:
Reply 92
Original post by Josb

Fictional :yep:
Original post by Josb
Yes, it completely flaws the results.

Is that supposed to be sarcastic?
Original post by annaew
Yeah I know but, last year there was a YouGov survey who implied the same, so i was curious if there is really a social shift.

A lot of stuff implies the same as other things, doesn't mean they're all right.
Reply 95
Original post by Farm_Ecology
Is that supposed to be sarcastic?

Initially no, but now that I re-read it, it looks very sarcastic indeed. :lol:
Reply 96
By the way, what's next after Generation Z?

(They shouldn't have started at Generation X. Sociologists... :rolleyes:)
Reply 97
Original post by Josb

I think graysexual is when you want your friends grandad to bone you?
Not most teens. It's a US study. Ever heard of WEIRD?
Original post by annaew
https://www.jwtintelligence.com/2016/03/gen-z-goes-beyond-gender-binaries-in-new-innovation-group-data/

Do you guys think we are heading towards a gender neutral bisexual society?

Complete *******s

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending