The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

2016 Durham University hopefuls

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hgalpin
Is anyone on here staying at Grey on the 22nd/going to History on the 23rd? :smile:

I can't make it because I live in Italy, but others are! You're welcome to join our thread for Grey if you want to http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3912163 :-)
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Does anyone know anything about the Japanese course at Durham? I know there are 6 contact hours a week for the language, but does anyone know the class sizes or what is covered in those 6 hours?
Original post by swissy9
Hi just wondered if there were any other Durham hopefuls who have applied for Japanese?
The wait has been so long and painful 🙏

I've got an offer for Japanese! Have you not heard yet?
(edited 8 years ago)
English lit offers anyone? Applied in October 😩
Original post by docmcstuffin
English lit offers anyone? Applied in October 😩

I applied mid-November and got my offer about a month ago :smile: x
Original post by GigiRaffaeli
I can't make it because I live in Italy, but others are! You're welcome to join our thread for Grey if you want to http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3912163 :-)

Thank you so much for letting me know about your thread! :h:
Original post by MathsAstronomy12
Has anyone still not heard back yet? I applied for phys in September and have heard nothing, considering to opt for Warwick as my firm instead or should I stay patient? Hopefully others are in this position too, albeit for different courses :redface:

Exact same situation as you(including just firming warwick out of spite) but i applied on the 14 of january :biggrin:
I have sleent many an hour trawling thsese forums trying to gauge how many offers they have sent to pure physics applicants but can only find evidence of offers to those applying to theoretical/astrophysics
Original post by reenie.stp
I've got an offer for Japanese! Have you not heard yet?

No unfortunately, i really dont know if its a positive or negative.
I just keep telling myself the wait will soon be over
Does anyone know the latest Durham will reply by?
Original post by AA10743

their "internal deadline" for when you applied on or before the 15th of Jan is the 31st of March
Original post by Isabel_B
their "internal deadline" for when you applied on or before the 15th of Jan is the 31st of March

But that is too late for the post offer days.
Original post by AA10743

I just called admissions who said we would hear by March 31st at the latest, but hopefully sooner.
Also if we havent had a reply by then to contact admissions.
So potentially 2 weeks wait.
Do you think its a bad sign to still be waiting?😼
Who knows - let me know when you hear?
Original post by swissy9
Do you think its a bad sign to still be waiting?😼
Original post by Hgalpin
Thank you so much for letting me know about your thread! :h:

:-)
Does anyone know if there seems to be a certain time in the day/evening when Durham give out offers/track updates?
Original post by swissy9
No unfortunately, i really dont know if its a positive or negative.
I just keep telling myself the wait will soon be over

I'm guessing that maybe no news is good news, but I can't really comment as I got my offer in November.
Is anyone considering or know of anyone that's staying at home their first year for Durham 2016 entry? Worried I'll be the only one !
(edited 8 years ago)
Does anyone know if there seems to be a certain time in the day/evening when Durham give out offers/track updates?

I got my rejection at 4.45pm, and I know other people that got offers at this time.
Hope you hear back soon! Best of luck :smile:
Does anyone the day/evening when Durham give out offers/track updates?

I got my offer at 16:45 as well - it does seem that quite a few others have had this too. Hopefully you'll hear soon!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending