The Student Room Group

Retaking

I am in a position where retaking all of the previous subjects I have done would be great. At the school I joined to do sixth form, I have had 4 different physics teachers and hardly been taught it. As it is too difficult and I am doing OCR B, I feel like I cannot do well. However a teacher at my old school said you need to do different A levels due to some government thing. Is that true? And if so is there no way I can resit year 12? I really want to do physics at Uni, but now it hardly feels like I'll pass AS
Reply 1
Original post by DaChessMysta
I am in a position where retaking all of the previous subjects I have done would be great. At the school I joined to do sixth form, I have had 4 different physics teachers and hardly been taught it. As it is too difficult and I am doing OCR B, I feel like I cannot do well. However a teacher at my old school said you need to do different A levels due to some government thing. Is that true? And if so is there no way I can resit year 12? I really want to do physics at Uni, but now it hardly feels like I'll pass AS

You can retake exams on your old specification. I am resisting 2 of my AS units even though they have changed my school has entered me for the old specification. you just have to inform your exam officer to enter you for the old spec at the place your retaking.
Original post by aelahi23
You can retake exams on your old specification. I am resisting 2 of my AS units even though they have changed my school has entered me for the old specification. you just have to inform your exam officer to enter you for the old spec at the place your retaking.

But I am doing a new spec at my school and am in year 12. It wouldn't be retaking, it would be more like restarting?
Reply 3
Original post by DaChessMysta
But I am doing a new spec at my school and am in year 12. It wouldn't be retaking, it would be more like restarting?

sorry I guess I don't understand what your saying.
So your doing AS (year 12) at the moment than what retakes are you talking about?
Original post by aelahi23
sorry I guess I don't understand what your saying.
So your doing AS (year 12) at the moment than what retakes are you talking about?

Like redoing the year? Like restarting. Not doing the exams and going to a new school to do the year again?

Quick Reply

Latest