The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I want Leicester to win. They deserve to win the title and even if they don't Arsenal damn sure aint winning it
Original post by AliRizzo
No Arsenal fan should want Leicester to win tonight. If you think it's already over then why do you even support the team? I highly doubt we'll win it at the end of the season but if you give in now then by that logic there's no point of you watching any more games until August.

Hate to be the resident cynic but I fear a vast amount of Arsenal fans have basically given up until August...
We want us to "fall away" so that the fans can actually afford to watch our team. What is more likely to deliver results - O'Connor, Toral, Iwobi and Akpom cheered on by a proper home crowd, or Mertesacker, Ozil, Sanchez and Giroud booed by the prawn sandwich brigade?
Original post by Pete_91
Hate to be the resident cynic but I fear a vast amount of Arsenal fans have basically given up until August...

I wouldn't be surprised at all, can't blame them given our recent form but anything can happen in football, starting tonight. A Leicester loss and suddenly everything looks a lot greener. We've practically been knocked out of 2 cupcompetitions but that shouldn't affect our league form. Wenger knows the end is near, he'll want to go out on a high.
I wouldn't be surprised at all, can't blame them given our recent form but anything can happen in football, starting tonight. A Leicester loss and suddenly everything looks a lot greener. We've practically been knocked out of 2 cupcompetitions but that shouldn't affect our league form. Wenger knows the end is near, he'll want to go out on a high.

That's pretty much never true, confidence doesn't confine itself to certain competitions, once your bottle goes, it's gone. We'll struggle massively for the remaining games until we turn around our form and get some confidence back.
Original post by Pete_91
That's pretty much never true, confidence doesn't confine itself to certain competitions, once your bottle goes, it's gone. We'll struggle massively for the remaining games until we turn around our form and get some confidence back.

In 2012/13 and 2014/15, after being knocked out of the CL we went on amazing runs in the league. We also had a very strong finish to 2013/14. Essentially you're correct, but the whole getting knocked out thing actually helped us. Let's just hope it has the same affect this year, we'd need at least 7 wins out of 9 to win this title.
what happened to Arsenal this season?
In 2012/13 and 2014/15, after being knocked out of the CL we went on amazing runs in the league. We also had a very strong finish to 2013/14. Essentially you're correct, but the whole getting knocked out thing actually helped us. Let's just hope it has the same affect this year, we'd need at least 7 wins out of 9 to win this title.

I'd be impressed if 7 wins from 9 got us 2nd, let alone first. We're gonna need 9/9 imo. Nothing short of flawless is going to be enough.
^ guy like @TeeEm doesn't deserve to know, for all his unprofessional posting as a professional

v And we'll drop our fair share of points too... (don't blame me, from the start when we lost to West Ham it was always going to be beyond us)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Pete_91
I'd be impressed if 7 wins from 9 got us 2nd, let alone first. We're gonna need 9/9 imo. Nothing short of flawless is going to be enough.

You overestimate the teams above us. They'll drop their fair share of points I'm sure.
Wait this guy said Arsenal needs 7 wins to win the league? That means Leicester has to lose 5 games then. Or basically drop 15 points. That's not happening it's not even realistic at all.
Original post by al_94
Wait this guy said Arsenal needs 7 wins to win the league? That means Leicester has to lose 5 games then. Or basically drop 15 points. That's not happening it's not even realistic at all.

How have you worked that out then? Maths not your strong point I see. Also I said AT LEAST 7 wins.
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
We should have won the league that season. If not for that game at Birmingham I think we would have.

You should have won it in 2011 as well when we were dog **** awful but won it by default as there was no competition
Original post by sr90
You should have won it in 2011 as well when we were dog **** awful but won it by default as there was no competition

Didn't you win like 3 away games all season lmao, that was a terrible second half to the season.
Original post by sr90

Lost the league cup final (Birmingham again ffs) and somehow managed to blow a 4-0 lead at Newcastle away. Self imploded from there. Another point to add to the long, long list of Arsene Wenger's failures at Arsenal.
Leicester have the lead. So Premier League talk for us can shut it now.
Arsenal have been slated a lot this season for bottling and rightly so. But it's also beyond comprehension as to why no one has managed to beat Leicester bar Arsenal and Liverpool. They really aren't a great team.
Original post by shawn_o1
Leicester have the lead. So Premier League talk for us can shut it now.

Obviously it's tough because this was your best chance to win the league in a long while, however as a fan of football you have to respect and admire what Leicester are doing here.

They're changing everything and they aren't even bothered.
Arsenal have been slated a lot this season for bottling and rightly so. But it's also beyond comprehension as to why no one has managed to beat Leicester bar Arsenal and Liverpool. They really aren't a great team.

Classic symptom of entitlement syndrome.
How have you worked that out then? Maths not your strong point I see. Also I said AT LEAST 7 wins.

If we win 7/9 and lose the other two we end on 73 (+21 points), that isn't going to be anywehere close to enough. For Leicester to end on less than 73 they'd have to drop 15 points (counting Newcastle game as a win). It's just not happening, we might get 2nd with that points total but not first. I wouldn't be surprised if Leicester got in the 80-83 range.

Latest