The Student Room Group

London Summer Internship Accomodation

Does anyone have any tips for where to stay from end of June to beginning of September for a summer internship in London? It would be near Covent Garden/Temple or within zone 1.

Are there any universities that cater specifically for summer interns with their dorms? I know Claredale house is an option, does anyone have thoughts on living there?
Reply 1
Hi! I have a contract till September 10, but moving out in the beginning of June from a room at Westminster Bridge Student Accommodation! It's 3 min from London Eye, 5-7 min walk to Waterloo, Westminster and Lambeth Bridge tube stations and 15-20 min walk to Covent Garden; ensuite room with private bathroom and a kitchen shared between 9 flatmates. The building is brand-new, with a lot of common space, amazing view from the common zone on 18th floor, cinema room, a gym with a sauna and a swimming pool (included in price!). The room is on the 15th floor with the view of the Shard. The price is 289 pounds/week. Contact me if interested:smile:
Which company are you interning with? (Feel free to PM me that) - the dates seem similar to a company I did an internship for, for which housing was provided, if we had let them know that we didn't already have it in the area. (Banking/finance)
Reply 3
Hey,

If you're still looking I've got a double room available in a shared student house as I'm heading back to my home town for the summer. It's about a ten minute walk to London Bridge station, or a 40 minute walk/20 min bus journey to Covent Garden. Four other housemates (students) will be there over the summer, two of which are doing internships too!

Have a look at this if you want any more details:
http://www.spareroom.co.uk/flatshare/london/london_bridge/4822389

Best,
Ellie
Hi I'm really interested
Reply 5
Original post by Berkies
Does anyone have any tips for where to stay from end of June to beginning of September for a summer internship in London? It would be near Covent Garden/Temple or within zone 1.

Are there any universities that cater specifically for summer interns with their dorms? I know Claredale house is an option, does anyone have thoughts on living there?

Hey, just thought id chime in! I was in the exact same position as you, and found this place studenthaus randomly on booking.com. I got in touch with them directly and its basically university dorms all around London, The good thing is its all private rooms, some of them self contained with a kitchen, and theres 24 hour security which kind of put my mind at ease as well. My friend and I are gonna be sharing a room, so works out a bit cheaper for us but would be worth giving that a go if you're still looking!
Reply 6
heyy, I do not live in the UK and I am going back home for the whole summer holiday so I am looking for someone to take over my tenancy till September. My halls are called Pure Aldgate located close to Aldgate East station on commercial road and I have a premium studio. It's a 10min train ride from temple station. There is a gym, cinema room, communal areas and laundry facilities. They are very clean and modern and it costs 320 a week. I would be more than happy to send pictures
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by OlgaZar
Hi! I have a contract till September 10, but moving out in the beginning of June from a room at Westminster Bridge Student Accommodation! It's 3 min from London Eye, 5-7 min walk to Waterloo, Westminster and Lambeth Bridge tube stations and 15-20 min walk to Covent Garden; ensuite room with private bathroom and a kitchen shared between 9 flatmates. The building is brand-new, with a lot of common space, amazing view from the common zone on 18th floor, cinema room, a gym with a sauna and a swimming pool (included in price!). The room is on the 15th floor with the view of the Shard. The price is 289 pounds/week. Contact me if interested:smile:

Hi Olga Do any more of your flatmates or friends have a spare room for the summer? A couple of us with P&G internships are looking for something within walking distance of Waterloo station from 3 July to 11 Sept, but max £220 per week. Need 2 rooms. Many thanks Jennifer
Original post by smithbibby
Hi Olga Do any more of your flatmates or friends have a spare room for the summer? A couple of us with P&G internships are looking for something within walking distance of Waterloo station from 3 July to 11 Sept, but max £220 per week. Need 2 rooms. Many thanks Jennifer

Hi, I also have room to let for the summer. 10 mins walk from Waterloo and London Bridge, in Sidney Webb Student Residence Hall. I have a contract till the end of September, but would like to move out for the summer (back to my home country). Ensuite, private bathroom, shared kitchen (5 flatmates). £152 p/w (bills included). The place accepts only students - let me know if you are interested.
Original post by Yossarian22
Hi, I also have room to let for the summer. 10 mins walk from Waterloo and London Bridge, in Sidney Webb Student Residence Hall. I have a contract till the end of September, but would like to move out for the summer (back to my home country). Ensuite, private bathroom, shared kitchen (5 flatmates). £152 p/w (bills included). The place accepts only students - let me know if you are interested.

Sounds great, but will Unite allow you to cancel your contract in favour of non-lse students? (They don't usually allow sub-letting - you have to cancel and the new tenant makes a new contract with them. On their other sites they will do it for a £50 fee.) If it is permissible, would any of your friends be thinking of doing the same?
Sounds great, but will Unite allow you to cancel your contract in favour of non-lse students? (They don't usually allow sub-letting - you have to cancel and the new tenant makes a new contract with them. On their other sites they will do it for a £50 fee.) If it is permissible, would any of your friends be thinking of doing the same?

They are not run by Unite anymore. It`s LSE`s Residential Service who is in charge, and they`re in for another (either LSE or non-LSE) student taking the rest of the contract. I`ve checked with them. The extra fee you are talking about needs to be paid by the old tenant not the new one.
For precision: the contract is until the 3rd of Sept, not the end of Sept. Sorry for the mistake.
To my knowledge I am not the only one at Sidney Webb who would like to return to their home countries for the summer and `subletting` their place to others, although I do not know how determined they are...
Original post by Yossarian22
They are not run by Unite anymore. It`s LSE`s Residential Service who is in charge, and they`re in for another (either LSE or non-LSE) student taking the rest of the contract. I`ve checked with them. The extra fee you are talking about needs to be paid by the old tenant not the new one.
For precision: the contract is until the 3rd of Sept, not the end of Sept. Sorry for the mistake.
To my knowledge I am not the only one at Sidney Webb who would like to return to their home countries for the summer and `subletting` their place to others, although I do not know how determined they are...

Yes, we are very interested even though it finishes a week early for us. I am posting for my daughter as she is in exams until next week, plus up to 4 other interns whom she is contacting because she would prefer to be in the same halls as at least one of them. I have also checked it out with LSE res. who say the contract switch can take effect from 3 July which is when we want to start if that is okay with you - the interns need to email LSE with proof they are full time students and give the names/contact of LSE students wanting to end their contracts early. I will get back to you as soon we know if the other interns are interested, in which case would you mind asking around? Do you have a private contact email?
Many thanks.
Yes, we are very interested even though it finishes a week early for us. I am posting for my daughter as she is in exams until next week, plus up to 4 other interns whom she is contacting because she would prefer to be in the same halls as at least one of them. I have also checked it out with LSE res. who say the contract switch can take effect from 3 July which is when we want to start if that is okay with you - the interns need to email LSE with proof they are full time students and give the names/contact of LSE students wanting to end their contracts early. I will get back to you as soon we know if the other interns are interested, in which case would you mind asking around? Do you have a private contact email?
Many thanks.

Exactly (re LSE res), with the exception that in my case it's the 12th of June when the switch can officially take effect (check it with LSE res, asking about "early leavers"). Naturally you can move in whenever you want, but need to pay from the 12th of June -- so if you plan to arrive only in July this may not be the right option for you :frown:
Reply 13
Hi, I am a student at LSE and I am looking to sublet my double room in London for the Summer.

It is 5minutes walk to Whitechapel tube stations (with overground, district and Hammersmith and City Lines) and 10mins walk to Bethnal Green (Central Line). So easy to access both Canary Wharf and the City.

Please drop me a pm for more info!

Izzy
Reply 14
Hi,
I have an ensuite room to let from July 02 to August 26. The rent per week is £255 and the deposit is £200. It is 6-7 mins walk from Vauxhall Station. The accommodation has a gym, cinema, swimming pool, music room, laundry room, and fast internet. All bills are included.

Let me know if you are interested.

Thanks,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending