The Student Room Group

Tired of being single af

I feel like i Just need to rant somewhere.

But I am just tired of being single.

I have been single my whole life, I am currently 23 years old. (female btw).

I am not shallow or even concerned about the way I look, but people tell me I am very pretty (heard several guys say I am a 10/10).

I don't have a personality of a rock, so I do not understand why I have been single my whole life.

Guys do not even bother, after texting for lets say weeks, then suddenly we stop talking. Guys tell me I'm their dream girl, and wife material blah blah, but nobody ever seems to make a move.

I must admit I can be very picky. And I live in a city that limits the choices I have.

I don't know whether to just forget it and be;

1) single and bitter with 20 cats
2) Just focus on making money and being successful
3) join every dating app (any recommendations? loool)

All jokes aside, any advice guys and gals?

Scroll to see replies

Start on Tinder :P

I'm 22, single and same situation....

tried making the move yourself??
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
but nobody ever seems to make a move.

Why don't you try making a move?
Who says you are going to b single forever, . U never no, someone might just pop up to you.
I know exactly what you mean sometimes it just gets lonely :frown:
what city do you live in ?

do the second one i had a few mostly short relationships and one longer one in the past but now i am focused on prosperity and success

Spoiler

Hi what career are in? Also what do you mean by make a move do you mean physically speaking.
Reply 7
the fact ur picky doesnt help
I feel like i Just need to rant somewhere.

But I am just tired of being single.

I have been single my whole life, I am currently 23 years old. (female btw).

I am not shallow or even concerned about the way I look, but people tell me I am very pretty (heard several guys say I am a 10/10).

I don't have a personality of a rock, so I do not understand why I have been single my whole life.

Guys do not even bother, after texting for lets say weeks, then suddenly we stop talking. Guys tell me I'm their dream girl, and wife material blah blah, but nobody ever seems to make a move.

I must admit I can be very picky. And I live in a city that limits the choices I have.

If you like a guy, why don't you make the move? If you're attractive and someone's "dream girl" then they may think you're out of their league or giving signs that you're not interested. How much effort do you make to keep conversation up, do you suggest meeting or taking things further?
Reply 9
Original post by Debbie_KB

I feel like I'm really limited of choices, there's been no one I'm attracted to. The only person that I like/love is in America which is clearly impossible.
Original post by jawsontheflooor
I know exactly what you mean sometimes it just gets lonely :frown:
what city do you live in ?

Been in Liverpool for a couple of years now.

I may be sent to hull, Grimsby,scarborough for work for one year. which even limits my choices even more
Original post by jamesthehustler
do the second one i had a few mostly short relationships and one longer one in the past but now i am focused on prosperity and success

Spoiler

I really like the way you think Let's start a business together and start making money together maybe? lol
I think the problem is that you said yourself you're picky so try not to be.

Also, maybe because the guys are shy or not confident enough because you are a 10 or "out of their league" which I believe is stupid. So you could ease the process by being less picky, friendly and flirty ;p
Original post by shawtyb
the fact ur picky doesnt help

I know what you mean, but I can't just date any guy simply because I want to be in a relationship.

But I guess you have a point.
Original post by SlowlorisIncognito
If you like a guy, why don't you make the move? If you're attractive and someone's "dream girl" then they may think you're out of their league or giving signs that you're not interested. How much effort do you make to keep conversation up, do you suggest meeting or taking things further?

Tbh honest I am not a great at texting, I'm better at phone call conversations.
Because I don't really know how to respond to text messages like
"hey, what are you up to" or "how are you " and they reply with vague stuff like "i'm good' "nothing much"

I just feel that ends a conversation.

The other problem is the only people I ever find attractive are always outside the country, which makes starting a relationship impossible.
Original post by Debbie_KB

I've heard a lot about tinder, people say it;s all about having sex and hook ups.

Not to sound vintage, but I want a deep meaningful relationship.

Looks like Cats it is for me.
I feel like I'm really limited of choices, there's been no one I'm attracted to. The only person that I like/love is in America which is clearly impossible.

Genuinely, have you tried Tinder- not all there are completely waste of time... :L
Make sure you arent too inaccessible. Perhaps some men presume you already have a bf or are out of their league. If I were you then id focus on:

1. Being happy and enjoying being single. That means enjoying yourself as confidence and self assuredness is very attractive.
2. Consider using diffferent methods of meeting peple, hobbies, networking etc.
3. Learn how to flirt and dont be shy in showing interest, asking people out, just for a coffee or to do soemthing together.

No need to panic, just be aware you are going to have to kiss a lot of frogs. be clear what it is you wnat i.e the definites, but dont be too rigid. By that I mean fundamentals such as honesty rather than looks.

I have one friend who if single alwats agrees to go on a date with anyone who asks, just as a learning experience and keeping an open mind.
Original post by 999tigger
Make sure you arent too inaccessible. Perhaps some men presume you already have a bf or are out of their league. If I were you then id focus on:

1. Being happy and enjoying being single. That means enjoying yourself as confidence and self assuredness is very attractive.
2. Consider using diffferent methods of meeting peple, hobbies, networking etc.
3. Learn how to flirt and dont be shy in showing interest, asking people out, just for a coffee or to do soemthing together.

No need to panic, just be aware you are going to have to kiss a lot of frogs. be clear what it is you wnat i.e the definites, but dont be too rigid. By that I mean fundamentals such as honesty rather than looks.

I have one friend who if single alwats agrees to go on a date with anyone who asks, just as a learning experience and keeping an open mind.

Thank you, that is such a great advice! I'm just going to have to kiss a lot of frogs and learn a lot about dating until I meet the right guy! Even if it may not be the right guy, but at least I could potentially have some laughs and make friends.

thanks
I'm the same OP but I'm 25 and I feel so sad but most of the time I'm fine being single it's only when I see couples I feel lonely.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending