The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by scrawlx101
would you guys take blanc instead of mou?

I don't think he'd leave PSG (signed a new contract recently).

He's also got a genuine shot of winning the CL with PSG. Probably 4th favourites after Barcelona/Bayern Munich/Real Madrid considering their squad and they've already wrapped up the French league (won it at the weekend).
Original post by Zerforax
I don't think he'd leave PSG (signed a new contract recently).

He's also got a genuine shot of winning the CL with PSG. Probably 4th favourites after Barcelona/Bayern Munich/Real Madrid considering their squad and they've already wrapped up the French league (won it at the weekend).

do you think Mou is the only option for us next season? For some reason I can see Mou not coming in and the board keeping LVG...
Original post by scrawlx101
do you think Mou is the only option for us next season? For some reason I can see Mou not coming in and the board keeping LVG...

I'm struggling to think of other options of the big names. I don't think LVG can survive unless he achieves CL qualification.
Palace vs Watford
Everton vs Man Utd/West Ham
Wouldn't want Blanc. He's barely been tested against in the French league. Ligue 1 is so shockingly weak.

Even LVG would win the league early with this PSG side, albeit probably in April instead of March.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Would prefer to play Everton in the semi.
Winner of that game is most likely going to win the cup but being United, we'll bottle it.

Would also be classic LVG to beat Everton and then get beat by Watford in the final.
Reply 6406
Rather have Blanc than Mourinho tbh.
Original post by D$I$
Rather have Blanc than Mourinho tbh.

Give Reasons (8 marks)
i hate physics
Everton is probably the toughest draw out of the lot out of the remaining FA Cup clubs. Lukaku is on fire this season and, if you manage to get past West Ham, you'd imagine he'll cause real problems for you at Wembley.

At least you'll have Rooney back for the replay at Upton Park.
Only just seen this lol

Original post by Dirtybit
Rojo actually fouled him though. Clipped the back of Payet's heels

no m8

https://twitter.com/TrollFootball/status/709072336138452992
Original post by Mackay
Everton is probably the toughest draw out of the lot out of the remaining FA Cup clubs. Lukaku is on fire this season and, if you manage to get past West Ham, you'd imagine he'll cause real problems for you at Wembley.

At least you'll have Rooney back for the replay at Upton Park.

We could do with West Ham/United to win the FA Cup to be honest to put less pressure on achieving a EL place.

....or we could just casually win the EL to get a CL place :wink:
We aren't beating West Ham at their place

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90

Posted from TSR Mobile

Last FA cup tie at their current ground too.
Original post by Zerforax
Last FA cup tie at their current ground too.

Original post by sr90

Posted from TSR Mobile

The narrative certainly suggests West Ham will get to the final and lift the trophy. That said, I thought that last season regarding the whole Gerrard birthday narrative, and Aston Villa spoiled the party.
Winning at Upton Park will be hard but not impossible, hopefully we go there with more of a plan and play a strong team. I would go for - DDG - Varela Smalling Rojo Blind - Schneiderlin Herrera - Depay Mata Valencia - Martial
Valencia the best!!!
Original post by SirAlexFerguson
Winning at Upton Park will be hard but not impossible, hopefully we go there with more of a plan and play a strong team. I would go for - DDG - Varela Smalling Rojo Blind - Schneiderlin Herrera - Depay Mata Valencia - Martial

Basti has to start
I'd say our strongest team is:
De Gea
Varela Smalling Blind Rojo (could switch Rojo and Blind)
Bastian Schneiderlin
Valencia Herrera Martial
Rooney

That's the side we should play against West Ham. Valencia might be a bit **** going forward so maybe switch out for Lingard but he offers a lot more defensively and pace out wide.

We definitely need at the very least a CB, RW and ST this summer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest