The Student Room Group

Companies sponsoring Fake Nattys (naturals)

I saw a tweet from gymshark posting a picture of their "sponsored athlete"
not going to mention but his initials are BM.

My question is ... why the :rant: are companies sponsoring fake nattys when
its obvious that reaching that level of physique "naturally" is impossible.
Sure it might make a few people admire + help a bit with sales as business.

However, come on lets be realistic ... unless your getting "help" there is no
way your going to look like this:

What's your opinion on the title? @everyone who lifts

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Because people who are natty look like shite compared to those taking gear who are at the top of their game.

Plus believe it or not there are idiots out there who still think these athletes are natty and so they buy the supplements/clothing to try and emulate them.

You answered your own question... Money
While it's obvious to the trained eye, the people that are gullible enough to think that these overpriced supps will make a huge difference just so happen to be gullible enough to think that the sponsored athletes are natural and that they actually use the products.

The "athletes" get stick for not admitting to drug use but, at the end of the day, the second they admit it they'll be dropped and never sponsored again because the companies need people to believe that the physiques are a result of the use of their products. Though, guys like Simeon Panda who go out of their way to pay people for rigged steroid tests are the worst type of fake natty. It's one thing to deny, it's another to outright deceive.
Bradley Martyn doesn't claim to be natural
Original post by WoodyMKC
While it's obvious to the trained eye, the people that are gullible enough to think that these overpriced supps will make a huge difference just so happen to be gullible enough to think that the sponsored athletes are natural and that they actually use the products.

The "athletes" get stick for not admitting to drug use but, at the end of the day, the second they admit it they'll be dropped and never sponsored again because the companies need people to believe that the physiques are a result of the use of their products. Though, guys like Simeon Panda who go out of their way to pay people for rigged steroid tests are the worst type of fake natty. It's one thing to deny, it's another to outright deceive.

" Simeon Panda" exactly the worst type of fake nattys out there.

I totally agree with you
Original post by SAhm95
Bradley Martyn doesn't claim to be natural

I've noticed he hasn't ever claimed it once.
Original post by AbMazingX
Because people who are natty look like shite compared to those taking gear who are at the top of their game.

Plus believe it or not there are idiots out there who still think these athletes are natty and so they buy the supplements/clothing to try and emulate them.

You answered your own question... Money

Exactly this. Also if you ever get to meet BM in person you'll soon realise he's such a humble person and deserves to be where he is atm. There's alot worse people in the industry making ridiculous amounts of money and basically scamming people (Mike Chang/Shredz)

Posted from TSR Mobile
People are gullible thats why

It's just hard work :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Original post by Angry cucumber
People are gullible thats why

It's just hard work :rolleyes::rolleyes:

hard work and u need to take those DUCK EGGS, how could u forget u lazy bastard.
I think it's actually smart. If you put a really jacked up guy on your supplement, people will think "hmm, even if I only get half that guy's results I will still end up pretty ripped." Whereas if you put a traditional model on there people will be more inclined to think "even if I got lucky and ended up with this guy's body I still wouldn't have his face."

I don't think anyone really believes that they will literally just look like the guy on the bottle when they take a supplement. It's more a case of

1, showing what the product is for. If the model's muscles are his dominant feature, then clearly it's a product for muscle building and not fat loss or toning or clear skin or teeth whitening or whatever

2. building an association between big people and the product. Cause and effect isn't really necessary in advertising, just an association. Nobody buys Lynx deodorant because they actually think their next World of Warcraft raid will be interrupted by a stampeding horde of beautiful women when they put it on. Just the association between Lynx and attractiveness is enough.
Advertising in general is all about placing pictures next to a product without actually saying that they are linked. The consumer does the linking.

Plus the people who buy most of the **** they're trying to flog don't know any better. Educated people don't buy supreme max pre workout 10000
Reply 11
People are prepared to believe anything. I still know people who believe Simeon Panda is natty. The thing is that people are reaching a stage when they realise the fake nattys are fake, so they decide to jump on board the gear train. The other day I was talking to a friend about roids, when this kid come up and starts eavesdropping. He waits for me to finish and then asks what are the best steroids for abs? I don't even.

Quick Reply

Latest