The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tom5pence
I can imagine so, I love the city to be honest, more then London, so when it comes to deciding between the two, I am trying to outweigh the difference in the quality of each law school and its reputation

What are your other choices?
Original post by *Stefan*
What are your other choices?

Offers from KCL, Manchester and Newcastle. I know KCL is superior as a law school, but I love Newcastle so much that I am leaning towards firming it. I just don't know how a LLB from Newcastle would be viewed in contrast
Offers from KCL, Manchester and Newcastle. I know KCL is superior as a law school, but I love Newcastle so much that I am leaning towards firming it. I just don't know how a LLB from Newcastle would be viewed in contrast

Well, I would personally choose KCL any day of the week - by a far margin. If it were between two schools with similar reputations, I'd say just go to the one with the best student life overall (i.e. regarding the city and whatnot).

Here, however, the difference is not that small.

You should of course consider whether you can achieve the A*AA KCL asks instead of the AAA that Newcastle does (and the much higher chance to accept you if you drop below that).

What did you get at AS and in your LNAT to get an offer from kings? They rejected me a while ago😕
Still haven't heard from Nottingham!! Should I be worried?!!
Original post by Unihelp007
Still haven't heard from Nottingham!! Should I be worried?!!

Nor have I! Are you thinking of withdrawing??
All withdrawing does it ensure you will never get an offer from that Uni.

You have nothing to lose by waiting.
Thinking about withdrawing from Nottingham just because it's only my third choice/potential insurance depending on the offer. I also want to firm my place at my first choice so I can apply for accommodation as soon as it opens. If Nottingham still hasn't replied by the end of the month then I don't see much point in waiting and then missing the opening of accommodation at my first choice.
Original post by unilmao
Thinking about withdrawing from Nottingham just because it's only my third choice/potential insurance depending on the offer. I also want to firm my place at my first choice so I can apply for accommodation as soon as it opens. If Nottingham still hasn't replied by the end of the month then I don't see much point in waiting and then missing the opening of accommodation at my first choice.

If you definitely aren't putting it as a firm/insurance choice then you might as well withdraw. No point in waiting if the offer wont make a difference to your choices.
anyone heard anything from durham today?
Original post by baconwoo
anyone heard anything from durham today?

I wish
Original post by SebastianCanuck
I wish

when do you think we'll hear?
when do you think we'll hear?

Honestly I thought I was gonna find out last week because they sent an email out on Feb 19th saying it might take a few weeks for decisions to reach UCAS track, so basically now I'm just preparing for a life in which Durham does not exist
Warwick Law w/ Social Sciences, anyone?
Honestly I thought I was gonna find out last week because they sent an email out on Feb 19th saying it might take a few weeks for decisions to reach UCAS track, so basically now I'm just preparing for a life in which Durham does not exist

Hopefully its tomorrow. I wake up everyday thinking today will be the day but no.
Anyone applied for the Dickson poon scholarship?
Original post by HeisenbergWW
Anyone applied for the Dickson poon scholarship?

I did!!!
Hopefully its tomorrow. I wake up everyday thinking today will be the day but no.

Where else did you apply?
Where else did you apply?

i have offers from ucl, kings, bristol and edinburgh. You?
i have offers from ucl, kings, bristol and edinburgh. You?

Offers from Bristol, Edinburgh and QMUL, rejected from King's. You've got a great roster of offers, is Durham one of your top two?

Latest

Trending

Trending