The Student Room Group

A2 Edexcel Geography 2016 Contested Planet/Geographical Research

Poll

What topics will you be picking for Unit 3?

A2 Edexcel Geography 2016 Geographical Research
16th June

Pre-release focus: 21st Century Superpowers: China and India?

Please vote on the poll above if you are studying Edexcel Geography :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3956727 - FOOD SECURITY THREAD
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

My teacher guessed it could either be water or energy.... - haven't learnt technological fix yet :s-smilie:

I was hoping none of those would come up as was going to choose them to revise/answer... otherwise it'll be superpowers which I'm kinda dreading. Also doing life on the margins (food) for unit 4!
Original post by studentAMi
My teacher guessed it could either be water or energy.... - haven't learnt technological fix yet :s-smilie:

I was hoping none of those would come up as was going to choose them to revise/answer... otherwise it'll be superpowers which I'm kinda dreading. Also doing life on the margins (food) for unit 4!

Aaah awesome! There aren't many of us life on the margin students! :tongue:

The energy prediction is a bit weird, why did you teacher think it would be energy?

I haven't learn superpowers yet :/
(edited 8 years ago)
Hey, also life on the margins (cannot do it at all :/)
My teachers are thinking energy or superpowers. Maybe development because of the millennium goals finishing last year.
Original post by AlohaCharlotte
My teachers are thinking energy or superpowers. Maybe development because of the millennium goals finishing last year.

Development gap is a good prediction I didn't think of that. However, im still unsure why many are predicting energy? Also did your teacher give the reasoning behind superpowers?

Have you started your revision for Geography (or other subjects) yet? Or are you waiting for the pre-release to come out so you can begin revision then?
Original post by OrdinaryStudent
Development gap is a good prediction I didn't think of that. However, im still unsure why many are predicting energy? Also did your teacher give the reasoning behind superpowers?

Not particularly - maybe because it hasn't come up in a few years? I'm hoping for a human geography synoptic really... its my strongest area.

Have you started your revision for Geography (or other subjects) yet? Or are you waiting for the pre-release to come out so you can begin revision then?

I've had ISAs so I'm just gonna keep going with revision for them and... I should really start with geography.
Not particularly - maybe because it hasn't come up in a few years? I'm hoping for a human geography synoptic really... its my strongest area.

I've had ISAs so I'm just gonna keep going with revision for them and... I should really start with geography.

Ah okay, makes sense I guess. What topics are you hoping to revise for the exam?

Hope they went well :smile: How are you planning to revise for Geography?
The pre-release is now out for June 2016 :smile: The Unit 3 focus is on Superpowers- 21st Century Superpowers: China and India. For Unit 4 I'm focusing on The World of Cultural Diversity which is Global Culture :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Where did you get access to the pre-release? I can't find it anywhere!
Ah okay, makes sense I guess. What topics are you hoping to revise for the exam?

Hope they went well :smile: How are you planning to revise for Geography?

Thanks! For geography I'll focus on technology, energy and development I think.

Original post by marchaprilmay
The pre-release is now out for June 2016 :smile: The Unit 3 focus is on Superpowers- 21st Century Superpowers: China and India. For Unit 4 I'm focusing on The World of Cultural Diversity which is Global Culture :smile:

Yes!! Superpowers is my best topic :smile: Thanks for the info!
Original post by marchaprilmay

How did you get this info? The pre-release comes out on the 21st doesnt it?
Reply 12
The pre-release got out yesterday guys!!!
Original post by Asiel
The pre-release got out yesterday guys!!!

But I dont have access to it, only teacher can access it??
Anyone else total hate the pre-release?
please can someone send me the pre release for unit 3 and unit 4 i am a private candidate studying from home
Original post by Emilymolly19
Anyone else total hate the pre-release?

How did you get access to it?
Reply 17
Hey guys! Pre-release it out! Have your teachers given you any insight? Any helpful notes? Please share..thanks!
Original post by lillyac
Hey guys! Pre-release it out! Have your teachers given you any insight? Any helpful notes? Please share..thanks!

Thanks!! Are you re-sitting from last year? (if you dont mind me asking). Also what topics are you learning this year for the exam?
Original post by lillyac

Our teachers aren't giving us the pre release till next week - but thank you so much. I'm extremely happy with the unit 3 pre release

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending