The Student Room Group

Has My Teacher Incorrectly Marked My Test?

Jj
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi, i would check to see if your raw marks were scaled as that usually happens in OCR exams :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by jackster281
Hi, i would check to see if your raw marks were scaled as that usually happens in OCR exams :smile:

the grade boundaries may have changed
Original post by jackster281

Sorry for not adding, I was doing a past paper
Original post by john2054
the grade boundaries may have changed

Reply 5
Original post by VelocitySquared2

It's possible that your teacher has decided to mark you against everyone else in your class. The exam mark boundaries are worked out by how well everyone taking the exam have done - a hard paper means people score lower, so fewer marks are needed for each grade. When you take the exam you won't be taking it with the candidates from a few years ago, so a more useful benchmark is to see how you compare to your peers.
It Wasn't done like that its a small class of 3 individuals and she organised it
Also iF she did use a different mark scheme how could I get C from a previous A*
(edited 8 years ago)
I Got the highest of the class

She also said you need 90% of the Raw marks right to get an A*

On the past paper Grade boundaries you only need 60% to get an A*
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by VelocitySquared2
I Got the highest of the class

She also said you need 90% of the Raw marks right to get an A*

On the past paper Grade boundaries you only need 60% to get an A*

Then she might be trying to push you, so that you are pretty much guaranteed a high grade rather than just scraping the boundary.

But nobody can say for sure except your teacher, and she might not want to have to explain her teaching methods
Original post by Juno
Then she might be trying to push you, so that you are pretty much guaranteed a high grade rather than just scraping the boundary.

But nobody can say for sure except your teacher, and she might not want to have to explain her teaching methods

The only problem is this effects other students if they don't get a high enough grade they will do foundation
My friend got 34 Raw marks out of 75 and got an E and I got 45 out of 75 and got an C Apparently

Quick Reply

Latest