The Student Room Group
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website

People looking to make Friends before starting University Of Derby

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dmar167
Hey everybody, I'm Dan. Going to be studying Business management and Sociology. I'm also in the princess Alice accommodation :smile:

Im in the same accommodation as you :smile:
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website
Original post by ebleb
Awh everyone seems so sweet in this thread! But, tbf, we are all on the student room so no offence but how cool can we be :P but Hey! I'm Emily (such a popular name, damn) I'm 17, late birthday, and i firmed Derby a couple weeks back, looking at studying BA in Media and English joint honours, am yet to apply for accommodation or finish my finance application and all that jazz, damn this is all pretty scary :s-smilie: I barely remember what i like, everything seems to be coursework and exam prep atm :/

Original post by Meganharrowing
Hey if you need a hand with any of it id be more than happy to help asi have just finished it all!

Yeah. Send your homework up on here and we'll try to help. My English is more betterer than Megans, so you know my word power is really... really... gooder. Than most peoples.
Original post by ThatOldGuy
Yeah. Send your homework up on here and we'll try to help. My English is more betterer than Megans, so you know my word power is really... really... gooder. Than most peoples.

huh?
huh?

She's going through for Communications and English, so I was trying to do the worst English I could. :wink:

Good English, you have!
Reply 85
Im in the same accommodation as you :smile:

Cool, have you been told the number etc? All I know is I'm in princess Alice accom with an ensuite.
The student finance was easier than I thought it was going to be, took 15 minutes to do :smile:
Original post by Dmar167
Cool, have you been told the number etc? All I know is I'm in princess Alice accom with an ensuite.
The student finance was easier than I thought it was going to be, took 15 minutes to do :smile:

No dont know number yet but we might be together as there isnt many ensuites in that block. Yeah it was pretty easy i got my letter today saying it had all been approved.
She's going through for Communications and English, so I was trying to do the worst English I could. :wink:

Ooooh that makes sense i forgot what she was doing c;
Reply 88
No dont know number yet but we might be together as there isnt many ensuites in that block. Yeah it was pretty easy i got my letter today saying it had all been approved.

I hope you can cook better than me, I once set spaghetti on fire :colondollar:
Original post by Dmar167
I hope you can cook better than me, I once set spaghetti on fire :colondollar:

Haha yeah if we are together ill make sure you dont die! :tongue:
Reply 90
Haha yeah if we are together ill make sure you dont die! :tongue:

I would really appreciate that :u:.

I went to an applicant day last month took me five hours to drive to Derby!!
Original post by Dmar167

aww bless i went to one too but i only live 20 minutes away
Original post by EmilyRoseSharp
Good English, you have!

It's 'cause I'm Canadian. We need to be able to fake almost anything.

"What do you think of this painting?"
"It's a brilliant manipulation of negative space. You can feel the gestalt between the artists' viewpoint and the zeitgeist, though we have to be aware of the subtly subversive elements of the work."
"It's a picture of a can of supermarket soup."
"To the untrained eye."

See? I shoulda been an art critic. I basically said nothing and sounded -really pretentious doing so-.
Original post by Dmar167

Wow! Where are you from?!
Reply 94
Original post by AnnaMariaa
Wow! Where are you from?!

Near Bath (South west). There was a lot of traffic, should only take about three hours really.
Reply 95
Original post by EmilyRoseSharp
Hey, peeps!

I'm Emily (if my username hadn't given that away already :P) I'm 19 going on 20 this December (I'm getting on a bit now), and I'm going to be doing Illustration! I'm 4'10" with short hair and angry eyebrows (this is how people identify me when they see me), and I come from the Fens, perhaps the flattest place in the country. You're going to hear about that when I'm battling against any gradual slopes!

I love art (otherwise I'd be in the wrong career path), all sorts of music - especially Jeff Buckley, and my computer, which is basically my child. I like to binge watch shows, although I don't like the inevitable void they leave behind afterwards! I used to game rather a lot, but unfortunately my laptop is a bit behind with its specs, so I'll sit and watch play thoughts instead. I also like to sit down a lot. I'm pretty good at that.

I'm a creature of habit, but I'm looking forward to trying different things at university, as well as meeting new people! When you meet me I will probably say something incredibly stupid - I often announce that I'm going to shake someone's hand before I shake it. In reality, I love to interact with people, but I can't say that I'm very good at it :P

How is everyone?

Hi emiliy im matt and im doing great dont worry im quite small as well (for a lad) only 5ft 8/9 but my only question is you up for drinking because i think thats what my degree will end up being with a minor in comouter science 😂
Reply 96
Original post by Dmar167
Hey everybody, I'm Dan. Going to be studying Business management and Sociology. I'm also in the princess Alice accommodation :smile:

Hi dan how you doing?
Reply 97
Original post by ebleb
Awh everyone seems so sweet in this thread! But, tbf, we are all on the student room so no offence but how cool can we be :P but Hey! I'm Emily (such a popular name, damn) I'm 17, late birthday, and i firmed Derby a couple weeks back, looking at studying BA in Media and English joint honours, am yet to apply for accommodation or finish my finance application and all that jazz, damn this is all pretty scary :s-smilie: I barely remember what i like, everything seems to be coursework and exam prep atm :/

Dont worry emily we are all scared so we are all in the same boat my family is moving as soon as i do they are going to gibralta so im f'ing bricking one 😂. How cool can we be? We can be the coolest dont dis the student room crew we'll beat the **** out you 👊 but seeing as youre a part of it now youre safe
Reply 98
Original post by MattF20
Hi dan how you doing?

Hey, I'm good mate, where are you from?
Reply 99
Original post by Dmar167
Hey, I'm good mate, where are you from?

Im repping the north west england was originally from hyton in liverpool but moved to preston in lacashire but of a **** hole really

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending