The Student Room Group

Southampton BM6 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Justtryingtolive

Nope, because the November one was a full GCSE grade, rather than a module exam, I could've stuck with the A and that would've been my overall grade for maths GCSE, but I chose to increase it by doing it again in June.

would that not class as re-sitting the grade? I would have thought that should have been stated. If it was taken the same year then you'll probably get away with it.
Original post by Justtryingtolive
Okay, I hope so, because I did hear from a few others too that you're meant to put both the A and the A* but my teachers insisted it's the A* to be put on.

Nope, because the November one was a full GCSE grade, rather than a module exam, I could've stuck with the A and that would've been my overall grade for maths GCSE, but I chose to increase it by doing it again in June.

Oh okay, so you re sat one exam to get an overall A*, I guess you could put that as an A* but would have to declare the A as well because this was a retake.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bloom77
Oh okay, so you re sat one exam to get an overall A*, I guess you could put that as an A* but would have to declare the A as well because this was a retake.

Posted from TSR Mobile

While this is true, I don't think it will cause as issue as a good enough grade was achieved first time round and the resit just improved it.
It's been a week lets hope we hear within 5 days
Original post by Alisahhh1998
It's been a week lets hope we hear within 5 days

Assume you won't hear until the end of March then you won't be disappointed :yes:.

But yes, hopefully won't be long now. :h:
The anticipationnnnnnnnn :afraid::erm::bored:
Original post by heyfellowhuman
The anticipationnnnnnnnn :afraid::erm::bored:

I almost wish it was a longer wait so I could just forget about it 😭
Original post by Crazelfluff
I almost wish it was a longer wait so I could just forget about it 😭

You wanna wait longer?! I just wanna know where I'm going with my life 😭😭😭
Hopefully we all get in :smile: Everyone there was so nice.
I'm so terrified.
Does anyone have the slightest inkling as to when we should hear back from admissions?
Original post by Fatemaaa97
I'm so terrified.
Does anyone have the slightest inkling as to when we should hear back from admissions?

My ambassador said it should be within two weeks of your interview date but the end of march at the latest.
Original post by HoangLe
My ambassador said it should be within two weeks of your interview date but the end of march at the latest.

I think that might have been me aha. I recognise your name.

You're totally right. That's what admissions are saying :yes:.
I'm so terrified.

I think you were at my interview haha
I think you were at my interview haha

You weren't in my group but we spoke briefly outside the room, right?
You weren't in my group but we spoke briefly outside the room, right?

What do you think I looked like haha
What do you think I looked like haha

Well I'm thinking of an Indian girl, medium build.. you were walking with another girl and you said you were from London.. Have I mixed you up with someone else?
Well I'm thinking of an Indian girl, medium build.. you were walking with another girl and you said you were from London.. Have I mixed you up with someone else?

I'm not Indian but I'm from London, I had glasses on tho
I'm not Indian but I'm from London, I had glasses on tho

I can't remember :// are you black or Asian? did we talk at all?
I can't remember :// are you black or Asian? did we talk at all?

I don't think we actually spoke haha, are you Indian? I thought you were because of your name but doesn't sound like it now lol
Reply 1099
Has anyone heard back?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending