The Student Room Group

Why has this happened to me twice?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Ahah yeah sorry about that :tongue:

Yeah :frown: You're right... just gutted because the second guy, I honestly thought he was the nicest guy I'd ever met.. he seemed so sweet, and was very shy and nervous with me at first, and just exactly my type; soo much in common.
And I'm seeing him out on Saturday :s it's hard, but I'll just have to keep going!
Thanks for your advice ,happy to hear that you found someone :smile:

your welcome :smile:
theres always someone better then the person you thought was the best, remember that
Original post by shawtyb
your welcome :smile:
theres always someone better then the person you thought was the best, remember that

Thanks, that's great advice to go by :smile:
Thanks, that's great advice to go by :smile:

your welcome :smile: hope iv helped
Both sound like idiots .. Sparks always come after ,,, anyone that thinks you should have sparks first off is someone who lacks maturity in relationships and dating.
Do you reckon? Yeah, the second guy actually found me really nice and stuff before we got to know each other, we spoke for a couple of weeks and there was chemistry, the convo got flirty, we slept together, then after he became distant, but we spoke for another month, then he said he only saw me as a friend but that I had evewrything going for me :s so confusing lol
Original post by sassy123
Both sound like idiots .. Sparks always come after ,,, anyone that thinks you should have sparks first off is someone who lacks maturity in relationships and dating.

Lol you realise you've been had, right?

There being "no spark" is something people say when they dont fancy you enough looks or personality wise.

The "spark" is never going to come later, and why would anyone waste time in relationships with someone that they're not attracted to from the start?

What you're saying is asinine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Death Grips
Lol you realise you've been had, right?

There being "no spark" is something people say when they dont fancy you enough looks or personality wise.

The "spark" is never going to come later, and why would anyone waste time in relationships with someone that they're not attracted to from the start?

What you're saying is asinine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're talking rubbish I've grown to like people over amount of time without feeling anything first off .I think 3-4 dates is the best time to decide. Also I didn't sleep with any of these guys that said this . People with little knowledge would say this .... You're comment is petty and immature .....
Do you reckon? Yeah, the second guy actually found me really nice and stuff before we got to know each other, we spoke for a couple of weeks and there was chemistry, the convo got flirty, we slept together, then after he became distant, but we spoke for another month, then he said he only saw me as a friend but that I had evewrything going for me :s so confusing lol

Thats bad of him OP did he recently come out of a relationship ? either way what he did was cruel .
You're talking rubbish I've grown to like people over amount of time without feeling anything first off .I think 3-4 dates is the best time to decide. Also I didn't sleep with any of these guys that said this . People with little knowledge would say this .... You're comment is petty and immature .....

Yeh, but you're red though, so nothing you say matters :h:
Thats bad of him OP did he recently come out of a relationship ? either way what he did was cruel .

Yes, it was a bit :frown: No, he's been single for a while as far as I know... whilst I totally understand that this can happen, what I find hurtful is that he didn't tell me any of that himself, I had to find it all out through my friend :s I would have respected him far more had he the decency ,preferably in person, but on facebook at the very least ,to say it himself.
I'm gonna be seeing guy #2 out on Saturday. I feel like confronting him (in a nice way) should I, or is it not worth it? How should I play it?
Please don't be haram. You did it once just make sure you don't do it again
Original post by Death Grips
Yeh, but you're red though, so nothing you say matters :h:

What a reply !!!! :h:
Yes, it was a bit :frown: No, he's been single for a while as far as I know... whilst I totally understand that this can happen, what I find hurtful is that he didn't tell me any of that himself, I had to find it all out through my friend :s I would have respected him far more had he the decency ,preferably in person, but on facebook at the very least ,to say it himself.

OP i've had guys try and ghost me in fact one did it last week after 3 months !! I will confront him as his annoyed me . Its annoyed you as well and I think you should take the bull by the horn and do it in a flirty manner x
OP i've had guys try and ghost me in fact one did it last week after 3 months !! I will confront him as his annoyed me . Its annoyed you as well and I think you should take the bull by the horn and do it in a flirty manner x

Oh no way ,sorry to hear that! Yeah good on you for confronting him :smile: I would just really like an explanation.. it's the fact that he's told my friend and didn't even have the decency to tell me honestly, just hoped i'd 'get it'? How would you propose that I did it in a flirty manner?
Oh no way ,sorry to hear that! Yeah good on you for confronting him :smile: I would just really like an explanation.. it's the fact that he's told my friend and didn't even have the decency to tell me honestly, just hoped i'd 'get it'? How would you propose that I did it in a flirty manner?

What do you want to ask him exactly ? Then you can tailor it to make it and fun.
What do you want to ask him exactly ? Then you can tailor it to make it and fun.

I suppose I just want to let him know that I'm disappointed he couldn't be direct with me about stuff, and that I had to find it all out through my friend. However I'm not sure how I can make that sound fun ahaha
Original post by shawtyb

there just arseh*les :frown:
i realised that when i changed my preference in man, that i actually found the most decent guy iv ever been with
try go for the opposite of your usual type

i can relate to it, my true soulmate is the exact opposite of the type im into and vice versa :biggrin:

Quick Reply