The Student Room Group

Refugee status

Ok basically i will be going university this year. I have got all my offers sorted. I have applied for indefinite leave to remain. However my application is still with the home office. The status i have before this was a refugee status. I was wondering will i still be eligible for student finance. As i read on the student finance website."Notes:

If your permission to be in the UK has run out, you are still eligible for Student Support if you can show that you applied to extend or change your immigration status before your permission to be here expired, and you are still waiting for a decision on that application, or that you are in the process of appealing against a Home Office decision to refuse you further immigration permission."

so do i fit the category. As i have lived in the uk for over 11 years now? Please could i get a good answer?
Hi Adam99341

If you have been granted refugee status in your own right you will be able to apply for funding.

Thanks
Reply 2
Yes, however my refugee status has finished and i have applied for ilr. On studenr finance website it says i am still eligable if i can show documents which show i have applied to extend my leave.
So am i eligible?
Hi again

If your indefinite leave is in place before you start the course, you will be eligible. I would advise you to apply and send evidence of your refugee status and evidence you have applied for indefinite leave to remain.
The assessors will review this.

Thanks
Reply 4
Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
Hi again

If your indefinite leave is in place before you start the course, you will be eligible. I would advise you to apply and send evidence of your refugee status and evidence you have applied for indefinite leave to remain.
The assessors will review this.

Thanks

Hi there,
I will do that. However i was wondering would i sill be eligible while my application for ilr has not been decided yet.
As it does say on the ukicsa website that if you have had refugee status and you have submitted a application for further stay and you can prove this you are eligable. So will i be eligible? Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending